Odd & quirky, Key West

Know about this? Rate It!

• Odd & quirky
    by S_J_Miller
  • Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Toes

by Martinewezel Written Jan 30, 2012

Favorite thing: Hemingway once had a six-toed cat. Nowadays there are a lot of six-toed cats in Key West. All descendants of Hemingway's. They are a local popular curiosity and everybody is fond of them.
    The cat on the photo is Mr Toes, one of the cats of the City House Hotel.

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Feed the fish

by Martinewezel Written Jan 26, 2011
    Fish food dispenser, Key West

Favorite thing: "Save our injured wildlife", a resourceful idea. I saw this fish food dispenser in the Historic Seaport at the end of Margaret Street, where tons of fish gather at the Half Shell Raw Bar restaurant. They didn’t look injured to me ;-)

• Eco-Tourism

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Mosaic Car

by littlesam1 Written May 5, 2003

Larry and the ugly car

Favorite thing: I saw this car on someone's VT page before I left for Key West. I don't remember whose page it was (if its yours please remind me and I will note it later) but they described it as the ugliest car they have ever seen. So I knew I had to find this car and see for myself. And yes they were correct. It is the ugliest car I have ever seen also. The other guy in the hat always wonders where I come up with these strange things to see when we go places. I really need to get him involved in VT I guess.

If you go to Key West and feel compelled as I did to find this car it is not difficult to locate. Its right on Duval Street the main tourist street in Key West.

• Gay and Lesbian

• Boozoo's Profile Photo

Of course we managed to see...

by Boozoo Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Of course we managed to see the southern most point, and of course I lost that photo, but we did manage to grab a margarita at Jimmy Buffet's (amazing taste!) and we also got to see the rather strange folks attempting to gather dollars..... but how can you resist giving a living statue of Elvis a dollar? :-)

• mcharlton's Profile Photo

In Key West there is a store...

by mcharlton Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: In Key West there is a store that sells beautiful glass ware. Outside of the store was this - aaaah -
    car.

• S_J_Miller's General Tip

by S_J_Miller Written Aug 25, 2002

Fondest memory: Seeing the Ghost of Key West...Now i'm not sure why she is a ghost but we know i'll have to do some investigating on her...

Instant Answers: Key West