Odd & quirky, Key West

Know about this? Rate It!

• Odd & quirky
    by Martinewezel
    Fish food dispenser, Key West
    by Martinewezel
    Everyone loves someone who swallows!
    by Georgiantraveler
  • Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Toes

by Martinewezel Written Jan 30, 2012

Favorite thing: Hemingway once had a six-toed cat. Nowadays there are a lot of six-toed cats in Key West. All descendants of Hemingway's. They are a local popular curiosity and everybody is fond of them.
    The cat on the photo is Mr Toes, one of the cats of the City House Hotel.

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Feed the fish

by Martinewezel Written Jan 26, 2011

Favorite thing: "Save our injured wildlife", a resourceful idea. I saw this fish food dispenser in the Historic Seaport at the end of Margaret Street, where tons of fish gather at the Half Shell Raw Bar restaurant. They didn’t look injured to me ;-)

Fish food dispenser, Key West
    • Eco-Tourism

• Georgiantraveler's Profile Photo

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

by Georgiantraveler Written Jul 28, 2005

Favorite thing: Key West is an odd assortment of attractions and attitudes. But one thing I noticed quickly is that while the streets are crowded with small shops, toilets are limited to paying customers only. If you find yourself with a child (or adult, for that matter) that simply is running at the end of their endurance and you don't want to buy a $8 t-shirt in order to use the facilities, Burger King is located on Front Street, between Duval and Ann Streets. For $1.20 you can get a small drink AND eleviate the crisis!

Fondest memory: The performances on Mallory Square during the Sunset celebration are very much worth the time spent!

Everyone loves someone who swallows!
    • School Holidays

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Mosaic Car

by littlesam1 Written May 5, 2003

Favorite thing: I saw this car on someone's VT page before I left for Key West. I don't remember whose page it was (if its yours please remind me and I will note it later) but they described it as the ugliest car they have ever seen. So I knew I had to find this car and see for myself. And yes they were correct. It is the ugliest car I have ever seen also. The other guy in the hat always wonders where I come up with these strange things to see when we go places. I really need to get him involved in VT I guess.

If you go to Key West and feel compelled as I did to find this car it is not difficult to locate. Its right on Duval Street the main tourist street in Key West.

Larry and the ugly car
    • Gay and Lesbian

• mcharlton's Profile Photo

In Key West there is a store...

by mcharlton Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: In Key West there is a store that sells beautiful glass ware. Outside of the store was this - aaaah -
    car.

• S_J_Miller's General Tip

by S_J_Miller Written Aug 25, 2002

Fondest memory: Seeing the Ghost of Key West...Now i'm not sure why she is a ghost but we know i'll have to do some investigating on her...

Instant Answers: Key West