Snorkel or SCUBA, Key West

Know about this? Rate It!

by bcc8
    by Yubert
    by bmiller39
  • miclev21's Profile Photo

Renting a boat for snorkeling

by miclev21 Written Oct 2, 2004

Favorite thing: You definitely have to do this; we had a blast. Only got lost once. Fun stories from that experience. Plus, swimming 300 ft to get to a reef when you can't see anything around you is an experience in itself!!!!

Fondest memory: My friend entering the wet tshirt contest. Driving up and down the keys looking for snorkel spots. Pitching a tent on the beach for a week!!!!

• Arual's Profile Photo

Go snorkel, or dive. Its so...

by Arual Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Go snorkel, or dive. Its so fun. It can be scary at first, but well worth it. Walk around and check out the sites and the people.

Fondest memory: The first time I went snorkeling, I was scared! I'm not normally scared of the ocean, but it was my first time being away from the beach part, kinda in the middle. Seeing a jellyfish as soon as I put my head under didnt help, but once my people got me calmed down it was so amazing. All those lil fish and eels and coral, its so beautiful. I got used to it quickly and dove under to check out this cave kinda place. The next thing I knew this giant eel was sticking his head out and looking right at me. Startled me at first. Than he quickly swam away and these 2 divers were giving me the thumbs up. Its so cute how fish are so curious, they just want to see you as much as you want to see them.

• aussie79's Profile Photo

Go in the water!

by aussie79 Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: I went on a snorkeling charter last time I was in Key West. My better half and I were in the water, playing with the underwater camera, and low and behold I saw a barracuda! I panicked, swallowed some sea water (yuck!) and swam in the opposite direction. Other than that, I saw many beautiful fish while snorkeling.

• bmiller39's Profile Photo

Kick back with a margueritta

by bmiller39 Written Sep 12, 2002

Fondest memory: Taking a scuba trip and forgetting to inflate my BC when jumping off the boat...it was a long quick trip down and I managed to drink half of the gulf of mexico on the way down

• Yubert's Profile Photo

Go SCUBA or at least...

by Yubert Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Go SCUBA or at least snorkeling. The water visibility is great and there's lots of colorful marine life.

Fondest memory: We chartered this boat with three (3) girls from the Tampa, Florida area.

Instant Answers: Key West