Irish Kevin's, Key West

211 Duval Street (305)292-1262

Know about this? Rate It!

• Irish Kevin's
    Kiss my ass, I'm Irish
  • Irish Kevin's
  • 850prc's Profile Photo

Irish Kevin's: Loud LOUD L-O-U-D !!!

by 850prc Updated Aug 6, 2006

We didn't spend a lot of time IN Kevin's but that doesn't mean we didn't partake of the entertainment. You can HEAR Kevin's for blocks in all directions. Advertised as an Irish bar, Kevin's is largely open to the street, and the music coming out is deafening. You can only imagine how much Advil you'd need to spend more than a few minutes inside.

The crowd inside seemed to be having a good time, but I'd suggest Kevins only as a place to take a companion that you have no interest in getting to know. Talk may be cheap in some cases, but it seems impossible at Irish Kevin's.

Dress Code: I think you have to wear shoes. After that, it's pretty loose.

I can't hear you.  What did you say?

• doug48's Profile Photo

Irish Kevin's: on duval

by doug48 Written Nov 6, 2008

irish kevin's is an irish pub on the same block as sloppy joe's. i really can not call this a replica irish pub in that it is a large keys type bar that serves irish beer. but for those who need a guinness or harp in this part of duval street stop in for a pint or two.

Dress Code: casual.

irish kevin's
    • Beer Tasting
    • Architecture

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Irish Kevin's: If you're in an Irish Mood

by easterntrekker Written Feb 7, 2009

Of course there has to be an Irish bar. This place belts out live music everynight and it mingles in the air with the country , blues and rock as you stroll Duval St. It's been here since 1998 and is popular with the locals and tourists alike.

• Singles

• Irish Kevin's: Irish Kevin's

by grkboiler Written Nov 29, 2004

Irish Kevin's is a fun place to stop by and have a drink. The bar was opened in 1998 by, yes, Irish Kevin, who came to Key West from Ireland in 1992. He plays live on most nights.

Don't order food because the service is terrible - I'm STILL waiting for my sandwich and I was there for 2 hours. I had a bite of my cousin's sandwich - they aren't too good anyways.

OK bad food aside, this place has a decent laid-back atmosphere and we had a good time. There is live music which is very entertaining and encourages audience participation. Just don't plan on eating here.

Irish Kevin's

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Irish Kevin's: Irish Kevin's - Duval St, Key West

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jan 5, 2010

Irish Kevin's is an Irish pub, but their live music makes Kevin's so much better than your average Irish pub. We arrived mid afternoon as one singer was finishing and another preparing to start. We got two stools at the bar right in front of the stage, and we were treated to a real show. The singer started with a few modern country songs that were pretty standard... then he started to interrupt his music to tell jokes, greet newcomers to the bar, and make fun of passersby--especially the really drunk ones. We had a blast, laughing and singing our afternoon away.

At one point in the afternoon, three girls wearing matching "Kiss me, I'm Irish" underwear decided they should climb onto the stage and show everyone their panties. The singer didn't seem to mind.

Warning: not for kids, sober people, or those with especially thin skin.

Kiss my ass, I'm Irish

• Irish Kevin's: always a good time

by tsharpe2 Updated Feb 9, 2004

Offering your favorite sing-a-long songs and "free tequila for the kids", Irish Kevin's is certainly representative of the mix of tourist and local flavor of Key West. Irish Kevin, Jared Michael Hobgood, and several other guitar players take turns entertaining the crowd and encouraging crowd participation in Guinness chugging, song-leading, and the occasional female flashing the crowd. It can get crowded, so if you want to sit at one of the front tables, get there EARLY (and if you get a table, don't give it up!) if not, head towards the back where there's more breathing room (and the all important restrooms) It's best enjoyed with a small (or not so small) group of friends, and after enough drinks that singing "Take Me Home Country Roads" or "The Wild Rover" on stage seems like a good idea.
    This happens to be my favorite bar in the Keys, even with the repetitiveness of the music from night to night. They celebrate New Year's twice (once at midnight and once at 7pm/midnight in Dublin) and they actually gave out as many free shots as you could drink a few years ago the night before Hurricane Michelle hit.

Dress Code: Be forwarned, wearing something loud and/or ugly and/or overdressed , and walking past Irish Kevin onstage, is an invitation for him to point you out to the rest of the bar and bring your butt on stage for a shot of tequila or whiskey.

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Irish Kevin's: Live Music & Good Fun

by FatesWarn Written Jun 21, 2007

Irish Kevin's has live music every night. Their performers are fun guys and will start yelling at you on the sidewalk to come into the bar and join them. They do cover tunes of popular music - old and new. Even when it's crowded in there, you can often find a seat at the bar.
    This is one of the most popular bars on Duval, so you if you prefer it less crowded, go on weeknights - it starts getting crowded on Thursday and is a zoo on Saturday.
    If you're like me and you know the rules, you'll be annoyed by the sign-postings behind a few of the Key West bars about credit cards - insisting on a $20 minimum charge (this is prohibited by MasterCard & Visa - you can charge .50 cents if you want). If you're not up to arguing that point with the staff - remember to bring your cash.

Dress Code: No dress code.

• Cruise
    • Singles

• Irish Kevin's: i came I drank and I dont remember

by geuel101 Written Aug 17, 2007

this is one of my favorit night spots in key west. I love this bar. The veriaty of musical entertainment here is very good. Not only they play the most up to date music to suite every ones lif style but they are also very comical. They even have drinking compitions from time to time where they give away free gifts for who can drink a pint of guiness the fastest. As i said I love this bar.

Dress Code: casual

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Irish Kevin's: Drink like the Irish

by HotSpotJ Written Apr 30, 2005

A great spot for a drink, Irish Kevins has great bar decor and one of the favorite stops in Key West bar hopping.

Dress Code: Dress however you like, if you suit up you'll probably stick out, most are dressed very casual.

Irish Kevins
    • School Holidays

• Irish Kevin's: AWFUL!!! DO NOT GO!!!

by Kschall Written Jul 13, 2011

The live entertainer John Solinkski is absolutely awful! My friends went in there for a few drinks while on vacation. I was iming my brother in the military, from my phone because I don't really get to choose when he can talk to me and when he can't. Apparently I was on my phone too much for Mr. Solinski's ego because he called me a *** twice, stopped the show and said he would not conitnue until I put it away. I held my ground while my friend stood up for me and stormed out after the horrible name calling. He also referenced "slamming me from behind" saying he would do it harder than I have ever had. Classy... I'm on vacation and I am not a 5 year old. I can use my phone when I want, where I want, especially when it comes to talking to family I do not always get a chance to. When we told the server we didn't like him, she rolled her eyes at us and said how awesome he is even after I told her what he did. After holding my ground a good amount of time, we left while he still continued to talk about me as we were walking out and after we left. I understand audience interaction, but this is entirely inappropriate and unprofessional. I will not be going back there and I suggest you don't either. There was much better (and nicer) entertainment at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar. I recommend you go there.

• Pounder73's Profile Photo

Irish Kevin's: When there's not much else going on...

by Pounder73 Written Jul 20, 2004

This was one of the few happening spots on a Sunday night in April. Beers were expensive, and the music was annoying. I’m not too big on Bruce Springsteen to AC/DC to Buffet covers.

Dress Code: relaxed.