La-Te-Da, Key West

Duval Steet (South End)

Know about this? Rate It!

• jelw's Profile Photo

La-Te-Da: Queen for a day

by jelw Updated Dec 1, 2004

La-Te-Da is a Nightclub, restaurant and Inn.
    In the restaurant Alice prepares some of the very best food available in Key West, some say the world. A personal favorite of mine.
    I would never go to Key West and miss having a delicious meal here. One of my favorites is the Norwegian breakfast, terrific with a Mimosa after an all nighter.
    They have a wonderful drag show in the evening. Dancing, show and do tell. This is full on fun. Drag yourself away from the north end and enjoy this side of Key West.

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Theater Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• Ericasmurf99's Profile Photo

La-Te-Da: La-Te-Da

by Ericasmurf99 Updated Mar 17, 2009

La te da

La te da is a hotel, restraunt, bar and cabaret all in one. You can catch great singers at the piano bar or see a cabaret in the Crystal room. Yes you may have heard...the cabaret is in drag! They are absolutly great. They are funny and have wonderful voices. They know how to include the audience, so we all have a good time.

The owner Mark came around and said hello to everyone. He was very nice and wanted to make sure everyone was happy. We also met the stars of the show - Bobby Nesbitt, Randy Thompson, and Mark Watson - who are also great. The only NOT great person was our waitress. She didn't even come to our table, so we got up to get our own drinks. When she saw us do this, she walked up to us mad and told us to go sit down, that that was her job to get us our drinks. So she did bring our drinks and was provided better service after that. But then at the end of the night we saw her bad side again. We got our check, which was about $15.00 (we only had 2 drinks each). We gave her a $20 and started to walk away. I thought a $5 tip was suitable seeing as how we only had 4 drinks (1.5 trips for her, remember we got up to get our own first). She went to us and said "tips were not inluded in the bill". My friend said "We gave you a $20, the tab was only $15". The waitress made a sour face and said something we couldn't hear and walked away. Whatever. I am not from a rich background, so if a $5 tip was tacky, I wouldn't really know. I have just always based it off of service. Sigh, whatever.

Update Jan 2009: RIP Mark Barauck (owner). You truely knew how to make every single person who walked through LaTeDa's doors feel welcomed.

Dress Code: Nice