Rick's Bar, Key West

Know about this? Rate It!

• Rick's Bar
    by doug48
  • Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Rick's Bar: Rick's Bar - Duval Street

by Ewingjr98 Written Sep 2, 2012

Rick's Bar is one of the old, classic bars on Duval Street. Located near Mallory Square and across the street from Irish Kevin's and Sloppy Joe's, this is the busiest part of Duval. We ducked in one afternoon because we heard some fun live music, and we grabbed a few stools at the bar.

There were only a few others in the bar that afternoon, so we got to request all of the music we wanted to hear. The solo singer/guitarist was very entertaining and played a good variety of country, rock and pop... something for everyone. We enjoyed our personal show so much, we gave the singer a $20 tip.

Rick's only has bottled beers. For some reason all of the taps are shut off. They also have frozen drinks, mixed drinks and hard liquor. But come for the live music.

Rick's is part of an eight-bar complex that includes Durty Harry's.

• Rick's Bar: Awful!

by Mcdollabillz Written Oct 16, 2011

I heard ricks was the happening spot but when I went it was disappointing!! The bartenders are rude the bouncers were rude! I even had to defend my girlfriend because some girl had an issue with her and security didn't do anything about it! The drinks are weak and overpriced save your energy, go somewhere else

Dress Code: Not sure, khakis and sandals seem to be appropriate anywhere in key west

• Singles
    • Music

• Rick's Bar: Robbed at Ricks

by Angrybird Written May 9, 2011

Just got back from Key west and loved everything but Rick's - awful! Mike, the bartender outside and right on Duval (across from pizza shop) let others drink on my tab. When i disputed it, he called a manager to do a reversal and sure enough, the FULL charge is still on my credit card! He tried to tell me I DID drink smirnoff's and juices... seriously? Also claims I told him some guy could drink on my tab - even though I was sitting at the table in front of the bar with my wife the whole time! Don't give these people your credit card! Disputing charge and so let down by common thieves in a place we all work so hard to relax in.

• doug48's Profile Photo

Rick's Bar: on duval

by doug48 Updated Apr 4, 2011

rick's bar is a popular drinking and party spot on duval street. it is located next to durty harry's and both bars share a small alley where they host bands in the evenings. if you like more rowdy drinking spots you will like ricks.

Dress Code: casual.

rick's bar
    • Architecture
    • Beer Tasting

• doug48's Profile Photo

durty harry's: on duval

by doug48 Updated Apr 4, 2011

durty harry's is located next to rick's bar on duval street. both bars share a small alley were in the evening thay have live bands. this party spot gets a young rowdy crowd. if you came to key west to party you will like durty harry's.

Dress Code: casual.

durty harry's
    • Architecture
    • Beer Tasting

• virgil_likes_rum's Profile Photo

Rick's Bar: Cheap drinks

by virgil_likes_rum Written Jul 25, 2006

I dont know if this can really be considered a nightclub, but you should go there anyways since they have all you can drink for like 8 bucks from 7 till 10 or something like that. That's right, I didnt say just beer; its all you can drink beer, whiskey, rum, whatever. How cool is that? Crappy brands but after the first two, can you really tell the diff? There is a strip club here too, the drink deal doesnt work in there (duh). Not much of a strip club guy so I cant really say if it's good or bad or whatever. I know I puked there though and got booted quicker than the chicks take off their clothes. Nice security guys, no sucker punches or anything and they were laughing the whole time. Try that in a big city.

Dress Code: board shorts and a sandals, it's too damn hot to wear anything else.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Rick's Bar: Rick's Bar

by goingsolo Written Nov 20, 2005

Rick's is a great place to end your Duval pub crawl. Its a fairly large two story place with a fairly substantial dance floor. Like all the bars in Key West, its a laid back scene, but its more like Sloppy Joe's in the sense that the music and dancing bring a bit of a club atmosphere to the otherwise strictly bar scene. There's a pretty good pizza restaurant located just outside too, in case you've got those late night munchies.

• Singles

• fosterbeer's Profile Photo

Rick's Bar: Good times

by fosterbeer Updated Sep 27, 2004

I have been to Rick's many many many times. My fondest memories are from Spring Break in 2004.

Tips for spring breakers -

There is a dance floor upstairs, but it can get crowded at times and also pretty hot. You can go stand over on the balcony that overlooks Duval St. for some air, and also to people watch.

I highly recommend getting the 10$ all you can drink until 11 bracelet (if they still have it). It will save you A LOT of money in the long run.

Don't miss out on the wet t-shirt and bikini contests every night during Spring Break. They go down on the stage in the back, called Dirty Harry's. If you want a "good view," I highly recommend waiting around the stage 30 minutes prior to the contests while the local band finishes up. Don't bother bringing a video camera as security will make you turn it off (if they catch you that is...) They don't seem to care if you take pictures though. Ladies, the contests are clothing optional, so be prepared if you are thinking about competing (every contest I saw, most girls got topless, a few bottomless too.)

I'd also be very careful if you are..."pretending to be 21." The bouncers get cash for every fake ID they take, so be careful.

Have fun!

Crowd during a wet t-shirt contest
    • School Holidays

• realde14's Profile Photo

Rick's: Get drunk, dance and have a good time

by realde14 Written Oct 21, 2003

Everytime I am in Key West, I always end up at Rick's on Duvall Street. This place caters to everybody: 3 bars, a DJ spinning upstairs, balconies to watch the crowds on Duvall, live band downstairs, and even a small adjacent strip club.

• rossandkelli's Profile Photo

Rick's Bar, across from Sloppy...

by rossandkelli Written Aug 26, 2002

Rick's Bar, across from Sloppy Joe's! 202 Duval St.
    We watched the Superbowl 2002 here, it was $15 all you can eat and drink! Ribs, burgers, salad, sausage, hot dogs, beer and well drinks...boy did we eat and drink our $15!

Instant Answers: Key West