Know about this? Rate It!
Nature Preserve of Key West - FREE!
One of the serendipitous discoveries during our vacation was the Key West Nature Preserve, which has two entrances on Atlantic Blvd., and was a beautiful, short, scenic walk. Of course, Boyd found it while going out to bird-watch, and had to bring me back to see it. The boardwalk trail is very nice, and I loved the little turn-out to the mangrove swamp - we saw several birds there, and it was just beautiful!
The trail continues to the beach - an undeveloped and quiet section of oceanfront which was perfect for bird watching and a romantic stroll, but not so much for swimming or laying out. The best part about this little slice of heaven in Key West (a sentence which is somewhat redundant...) is that there is no admission - it is FREE! Besides the birds, we saw lots of lizards and butterflies, so kids would probably enjoy it as well.
- Family Travel
- Budget Travel
Its history is under-told. The...
Its history is under-told. The appreciation of its very unique culture. Key West has been taken over by the tourists and the opertunists and you now have to look for what was the old city.
Watch the sun. A burn ruins your trip.
Historic Forts, the Seaport,...
Historic Forts, the Seaport, Aquarium,
Dolphin Encounters,Florida Keys wild dolphin alliance
you can make reservation at 1888-600-4009
Departing from beautiful Oceanside Marina.
$85.00 per person.
Key West Dolphin Getaway.
Key West Aquarium, experience the sea creatures of the Keys,with a wide variety of fish including grouper,moray eels, barracuda, tropical fish, tarpon, sharks, parrotfish and much more.
Address: 1 Whitehead Street, Key West FL.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Key West Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Wilmington Hotels
- Colorado Springs Hotels
- Sri Lanka
- New Orleans
- Old Chelsea Hotels
- Cambridge Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path