Alonzo's Oysters, Key West

by grandmaR
  • Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Alonzo's Oyster Bar: Seafood

by Martinewezel Written Jan 8, 2011

After trying some other restaurants at the historic seaport, we had lunch here and were so pleased that we came back the day after.
    No loud music on the porch, excellent service and good food.

Favorite Dish: We had just simple meals and chose between entrees like Lobster Crab Cake and Snapper New Orleans or Alonzo’s burger and Southern Fried fish Sandwish.

Try the famous Key Lime Pie. It’s excellent!

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Alonzo's Oyster Bar: Alonzo's - Excellent Seafood & Reasonable Prices

by FatesWarn Written May 31, 2008

Alonzo's is part of the A&B Lobster House family and has excellent fresh seafood and great service. It is located on the docks of the waterfront. The Conch Fritters were delicious, and my Coconut Fried Grouper was as good as grouper gets. I tried their Pomegranate Mojito, which was pretty good, but a little too sweet for my taste.
    To make the meal even better, when the bill came, it turned out to be one of the cheaper meals that we would have in Key West.
    Our server was excellent and actually helped me locate a restaurant that I wanted to go to next.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish was the Coconut Grouper. It crispy on the outside and perfectly flaky on the inside. I ate every bite of the generous portion.

• Alonzo's Oysters: Great Deal 4 -6:30 PM

by cherylrf Written Oct 17, 2005

Every day between 4 PM and 6:30 PM Alanzo's offer's half price on drinks and appetizers from their menu. The food is outstanding as are the drinks. There isn't much of a crowd at this time either so no wait to speak of. $11 for a pound of shrimp!

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Alonzo's Oyster Bar: Downstairs for Happy Hour

by grandmaR Written Jul 5, 2005

My sandwich and clam chili

We were too early to eat upstairs at A&B Lobster House and it was raining so we didn't want to wait, so we ate here.

Favorite Dish: Bob had a hamburger ($6.95) with big thick ruffled chips (our other choice would have been cole slaw) and I had a cup of clam chili (which was $1.50 - half price for happy hour) with white beans, clams, sour cream and blue tortilla chips, and a lobster sandwich with potato salad ($13.95 - not half price because only one page of the menu was half price, and this was on the other page). It was quite spicy - had hot peppers in it and I think I like the one at Keys Fisheries better.

Instant Answers: Key West

Comments

Hotels Near Alonzo's Oysters
4.5 out of 5 stars