Banana Cafe, Key West

by tpangelinan
    Food at Banana Cafe
    by vanessadb
  • agurleysms's Profile Photo

Banana Cafe: Lots of breakfast meat!

by agurleysms Written May 18, 2008

I should say French-ish. This is a small cafe on the mid-to-east side of Duval. The staff was not that friendly, but efficient. Adrian had a crepe with egg, sausage, cheese. He said the cheese was really good and would recommend trying it if you like crepes. It seemed overpriced, but we learned through the next few days, everything is just higher there. I had a poached egg, toast, and bacon. Very large surveying of bacon!

Something you will find at most of these restaurants is that you get canned soda instead of fountain. This stinks for me because that does not last me even until I get my order. Get tea or coffee instead if you want refills.

We recommend this cafe for breakfast, especially if you want to try something new as there are a lot of adventurous things on the menu.

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Banana Cafe: Crepes!

by Sunshine64 Written Mar 17, 2008
    Banana Cafe

Really enjoyed the savory egg and ham breakfast crepe and a nutella breakfast "desert" crepe :) We had 6 in our party, and there is only one table that large - inside. Eating on the porch seemed like it would have been more fun. The only bad part was that they only have whole milk - so I stuck with drip coffee even though I was taunted by the sound of the espresso machine.

• Banana Cafe: European goodness and service ;)

by SaltyGuy Written Jan 27, 2006

I go there for breakfast. Great omelets, bagles and fresh fruit bowls. I don't like to wait in line, so if you are a tourist and some salty local guy walks up swearing under his breath, let him sit down first because he is NOT on vacation!!!! and don't expect a 'thank you'! Oh yeah, it is usually european service so don't expect a thank you from them either...maybe that's why I like this place.

Favorite Dish: 1 pot of coffee and anything on the menu.

• vanessadb's Profile Photo

Banana Cafe: Wonderful Breakfast/Brunch

by vanessadb Updated Oct 19, 2005

Food at Banana Cafe

Banana Cafe is centrally located on Duval Street and even has a little patio and terrace that overlook it. I always go there for breakfast or brunch because the food is excellent, the menus is varied (eggs, crepes, bagel, etc...) and eating in the patio just lovely.

Favorite Dish: The crepes are the specialty (served salty or sweet), but the eggs, omelettes, croissants, and bagels are just as good.

• Singles

• Banana Cafe: Try the Crepes

by jingles27 Updated Mar 4, 2003

This great restaurant is located on Duvall near the southernmost point. We stumbled upon it during a walk since it is sort of off the beaten path. We have been to Key West 2 times since discovering this place and it is ALWAYS as good as we rememeber. Also, the atmosphere is great. It looks like a carribean outdoor/indoor restaurant, very cozy and down to earth. Here's the best suggestion, have a nice breakfast at banana cafe and take a 4 block stroll to the southernmost point.

Favorite Dish: Crepes, crepes and more crepes. This is their specialty. I would suggest a late morning breakfast with the key lime crepes and a mimosa to drink. Also, the scallop crepes with key lime cream sauce are spectacular.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Creperie Cafe: Tastes like my Grandmom made them!

by tpangelinan Updated Oct 23, 2003

Great Crepes!

Strawberry Crepes to die for! One of the best breakfasts I had in Key West. Fresh made with fresh fruit, delish!

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Key West

Comments

Hotels Near Banana Cafe
0 miles away