4.5 out of 5 stars 26 Reviews

729 Thomas St. 305.296.8666

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Blue Heaven: Over Priced Dining with Fowl

by Sunshine64 Written Feb 21, 2008

So, it is an event to eat at Blue Heaven, but the bacon I ordered as a side dish was the best part. I didn't enjoy having the rooster stare ate me while I was eating. Florida Lobster was in season, so I got it in an omelet - for the low, low price of $17.50.

If I went there again, I would get just regular bacon and eggs - nothing fancy. And my friends at the next table said the banana pancakes were good.

One of the many fowl at Blue Heaven

• freedomtrip's Profile Photo

Blue Heaven: Roosters and music on Sunday

by freedomtrip Written Jun 10, 2007

I have been going here my whole life since I was born in key West. This place has been featured on the travel channel more times than I can count. It can be a little pricey at dinner and even lunch, but breakfast is just perfect. Roosters roam at your feet, eclectic mix-match tables and live music on the weekends. The food here is a touch-above any other breakfast spot on the island, as is the ambience. This place is one of a kind unique and when i venture away from the island, it is something I surely miss. And if you do go for dinner, get the bananas heaven dessert. The name does not lie.

Favorite Dish: The eggs benedict with key lime hollandaise and betty's banana bread, home-cooked everyday, along with the banana pancakes are all truly delightful.

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Blue Heaven: A Brunch Experience

by TRimer Updated Jan 17, 2007

Brunch at Blue Heaven is one experience that is uniquely Key West. Located in Bahama Village, the restaurant has excellent food that is an eclectic mix of seafood, Caribbean creations, and vegetarian dishes. It is THE place to go for Sunday Brunch- but be prepared for a very long wait as they do not take reservations (you have to go and put your name on a list). Part of the experience is waiting for your table- preferably with a cocktail from the outside bar (which will also be packed). Resist the temptation to take a table inside. There is a gift shop which is air conditioned where you can browse and cool off. Chickens, roosters and cats will roam around your table while you eat.

Favorite Dish: I can only speak to the Rooster Special which was fantastic. Two eggs, any style, and grits or seasoned potatoes and bacon or country sausage and toast or homemade pancakes or Betty's banana bread (Yum).

Breakfast- 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
    Lunch- Noon to 3 p.m.
    Dinner- 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.

Bar @ Blue Heaven

• Blue Heaven: good food & great mohitos

by marie_joy Written Feb 8, 2006

A good place for your first lunch/dinner in Key West. Open air seating with lots of shade available. Place has lots of personality, you'll know you're not in kansas anymore. And you gotta love the roosters.

Favorite Dish: Never had anything I didn't like.

• Blue Heaven: Ok, Tourists allowed...

by SaltyGuy Written Jan 27, 2006

Ok, if you are a tourist, I'll let you go to this place since I only go here when I have tourists in town to show around.

It is expensive, but so unique that you really can't miss this place. The breakfast is fantastic and especially their homemade breads.

There are lots of lazy, good for nothing cats lying around...And, tons of those pesky chickens that we locals wish we could use to bait our crab traps with without going to jail.
    So, you'd better watch your step in there.

I think it's all outdoor seating so watch that some loony tourist from Germany doesn't wack your dentures out when you walk by the rope swing.

Favorite Dish: Lobster egges benedict and as much homemade bread as they can bring.

• jem126's Profile Photo

Blue Heaven: Famous for A Reason

by jem126 Written Feb 13, 2005

Every travel guide will tell you to go to Blue Heaven but there is good reason for that. The place is a real experience, decorated beautifully, great drinks and food and a real Key West ambiance. Dont even bother going for lunch or dinner, the breakfast is where its at.

Favorite Dish: The Lobster Benedict at Blue Heaven is the greatest meal in Key West. Its not on the menu, they almost always have it as a breakfast special though. Really good with a cafe con leche or a daquiri.

• Blue Heaven: Skeptical at first, One bite and I was sold!

by chappleg Written Jan 6, 2005

With the abundance of restaurants to choose from, and only a limited number of meals in your stay, your restaurant choice can make or break a vacation. I did my research before-hand and still wasn't sold on Blue Heaven, but my wife and I stopped in anyway. Boy am I glad we did! Lunch was spectacular. Neat outdoor courtyard setting, great service, reasonable prices.

Favorite Dish: I had some sort of Jamaican Jerk Shrimp PoBoy and my wife had the chicken. The fact that there are live chickens wandering around the courtyard at your feet adds to the atmosphere - until they begin staring at you while you're enjoying one of their siblings. 5 STARS!!

• eitakorlando's Profile Photo

Blue Heaven

by eitakorlando Updated Dec 3, 2003

Blue Heaven

Funky place where chickens are walking around everywhere! The dining room is actually an open lot. You sit on and eat from plastic patio furniture. Fans are blowing in very strategic locations -- I wasn't the least bit hot. The trees also help to keep you cool. The staff is friendly.

Favorite Dish: Eggs Benedict. It was FANTASTIC!!! We arrived in Key West at 8:30am -- starving. We stopped at Blue Heaven and were licking our lips on the way out. Yummy and reasonable price. I paid $11 for eggs benedict, fruit and a soda. My friend had the banana bread and she said it was the best she's ever eaten.

• allenkite's Profile Photo

Blue Heaven: Blue Heaven

by allenkite Written Sep 2, 2002

If formality is your thing, then you need to skip Blue Heaven . . . Chickens, dogs and cats run wild here . . . Just shoo them away if they bother you . . . Building has lots of history . . . Was once used as a boxing ring with Hemingway sparring there . . . Cockfights . . . Rooster graveyard with tiny tombstones in one corner . . . Gambling . . . And last but not least, it was also once a 'house of ill repute.'

Favorite Dish: Everything

• luv2learn's Profile Photo

Rick's Blue Heaven: Rick's Blue Heaven

by luv2learn Written Aug 26, 2002

The tables are outdoors, scattered around a dirt backyard. Some of Key West's famous chickens peck hopefully at your feet for a chance to snatch up a fallen crumb. Patrons try their hand at swinging on the rope that dangles temptingly from a great over-hanging limb. In the evenings you'll be treated to live music-- mellow of course.

Favorite Dish: Save room for the bread pudding -- it's outrageous!

• GuyNoir's Profile Photo

Blue Heaven: Blue Heaven

by GuyNoir Written Aug 26, 2002

Outdoor dining. With rope swing, picnic tables and cats and chickens. Ecclectic and funky surroundings. Old sails keep you dry if it's raining...just look up to get under a big one if you expect rain.

Favorite Dish: vegetarian omelet, lobster eggs benedict, and fresh squeezed orange juice.

Instant Answers: Key West

Comments

Hotels Near Blue Heaven
4.0 out of 5 stars