Conch Republic, Key West

by Martinewezel
  • Conch Republic
    by sunloverinatlanta
  • tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Conch Republic Restaurant & Seafood Company: Nice & on the Water.

by tpangelinan Updated Oct 23, 2003

Conch Republic Restaurant

Pretty good food.
    Large Menue, and Late night menue.
    Good Service, the bartenders are friendly!
    They have a wonderful web site, and you can view the whole menue at:
    www.conchrepublicseafood.com

Favorite Dish: Everything we had was great!

Average Menu Prices:

Appetizers: $6.75 Desserts: $3.75
    Lunch Items: $7.95 Specialty Drinks: $5.50
    Entrees: $17.25 Raw Bar: $7.75/$14.75

• Beaches

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Conch Republic: Conch Republic Seafood-Good Food - Great Location

by FatesWarn Written May 28, 2007

The Conch Republic is located on the docks, so many tables have great views of the water. They offer a nice selection of mixed drinks that aren't the over-sugary garbage that you are likely to be served on Duval Street. The service is fast and the portions are perfect. I found that the food was average, but the prices were reasonable for a seafood restaurant.
    My dining companion had an order of conch fritters, which were very good with the key lime mustard sauce, as well as the grilled dolphin fish, which was seasoned with jerk spices and served with rice and greens. I had the grouper that was topped with a tropical fruit habenero chutney, also served with rice and greens. For dessert, we ordered the Chocolate Republic Rum Cake, with a white chocolate glaze, and the Key Lime Pie topped with mango raspberry sauce.
    I admit that my desire to visit this restaurant was mostly because I saw Paula Dean's sons on a road trip show, and they went to Conch Republic - they made the food sound great, so I wanted to try it. I found that although everything was very well prepared, it wasn't anything that screamed out to me as an exceptional meal. I was very happy with the portions (appropriate sizes, not American chain restaurant sizes), and the bill wasn't shocking.

Favorite Dish: Despite my opinion of the entrees, the Key Lime Pie definitely stood out. It was perfect, not overly acidic like some, and the mango raspberry sauce was delicious - I only wish there had been more of it.
    My recommendation is to go to Conch Republic after a light dinner and sit down for some good drinks and delicious dessert.

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Conch Republic: Best seafood ever!

by HotRodEtte Written May 30, 2006

our drinks at conch republic

Again, the choices were diverse, but the seafood is what Conch Republic is most famous for. Their motto goes something like "to get it any fresher, you'd have to catch it yourself." I belive that slogan 100%. This was definitely the best seafood I ever had. The atmosphere is great as well. This is another open-air cafe, located along the historic wharf right on the water. Their drink selection was great as well and our server took very good care of us.

Favorite Dish: This was our lunch restaurant of choice, and therefore I had my eye on the "catch of the day" sandwich, which happened to be Mahi Mahi. This was my first time trying Mahi Mahi and I must say it's an experience I'll never forget. The sandwich was delectable, and the fish just melted in my mouth! Strongly recommended!!
    My friend had a seafood dip, with crackers and enjoyed that as well. Although it may not sound like a lot, she actually left the place quite full!! Portions were just right.

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Seafood Company: More seafood

by Martinewezel Updated Jan 8, 2011

Seafood Company, Key West

The location at the waterfront in the historic seaport is excellent. The building is a large metal open warehouse or hangar. Very nice and however noisy, it’s a great place for lunch. We had a simple but delicious Conch Burger. The view over the marina, in front of the Jolly II Schooner is superb. (see second photo)

• sunloverinatlanta's Profile Photo

Conch Republic Seafood Co.: Conch Republic - Great atmosphere and food!

by sunloverinatlanta Written May 11, 2009

Water front, outdoor dining at the marina. Greene and Elizabeth Streets.
    Best crab stuffed mushrooms I have ever tasted. Fresh Key West Pink shrimp with good flavor. About average prices for Key West.

• bluejaxx's Profile Photo

Conch Republic: Great Conch Fritters

by bluejaxx Written May 12, 2007

The Conch republic is on the waterfront and has fresh fish on display to buy (even a barracuta, didn't know you could buy those to eat). It has a casual outdoorsy classic seafood ambiance. The prices are about average for Key West, which is usually higher than most restaraunts in the rest of the state of Florida. If you order the burger they may charge you extra for toppings so be sure to ask.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the the conch fritters, they are lightly breaded and fried and served with a nice orange marmalade sauce, their key lime pie is authentic because it has the tart taste of a real key lime (and it is not green)

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Conch Republic: Conch Republic

by goingsolo Written Sep 17, 2005

Key West

Conch Republic is one of those places that makes a great attempt to capitalize on its name and logos. Don't get me wrong here. The restaurant is not bad at all. Its just nothing out of the ordinary.

Seafood, booze and the marina are the staples here. The seafood is fresh, but how could it not be? The drinks are overpriced, but, again, why wouldn't they be? Service is friendly and its a typical laid back Keys atmosphere. Just another one of your ordinary Florida Keys restaurants.

Favorite Dish: We had fresh fish sandwiches, which were as advertised. Fresh and fish.

• Conch Republic Seafood: Worst food in Key West - AVOID THIS PLACE

by samandtia Written Jun 20, 2006

My wife and I had dinner here on June 14th, 2006. She had "the special" which was yellow tail snapper in a puffed pastry with oyster hollandaise sauce. It was awful!! The tiny bit of fish present was spoiled, the sauce was like paste, and had NO oysters what-so-ever. I had shrimp which were OK, but the cocktail sauce was ketchup with a tiny bit of horseradish, but tasted rancid. We sat under an exposed air conditioning duct that was covered in mildew and dropped condensation on us and our food during the meal. I had a rum and coke that tasted watered down. To cap off the experience, our meal cost over $65 before tip. This was the worsed seafood we have ever been served - we get fresher seafood here in DFW!! This place seems to be geared towards drunk tourists that can't taste the food and will never be back anyway.

Favorite Dish: The water, difficult to screw up water.

• cesarlizano's Profile Photo

Conch Republic Seafood: Conch luncheon with my Mother and Son

by cesarlizano Written Jul 18, 2009

Concha con mi Madre e Hijo
    Conch luncheon with my Mother and Son

beautiful Sunday drive to Key West.
    first time visit to the Key, went to the boardwalk and
    was driven by this place´s atmosphere
    the music went from Eagles to Marley

Favorite Dish: enjoyed oysters, lobster, conch soup, baked oyster, crab cake, and draft beer

• paulapes's Profile Photo

Conch Republic Restaurant & Seafood Company: Conch Fritters and Raw Oysters!

by paulapes Updated Jul 12, 2003
    Eat out on Schooner Wharf

This restaurant is at the Historic Seaport at the North End of Key West. It's an open air place with a huge bar. It's nice to sit outside and look at the ships while eating.

Favorite Dish: We had conch fritters and salads, sandwiches...everything was good and the staff is friendly.

Instant Answers: Key West

Comments

Hotels Near Conch Republic
4.5 out of 5 stars