Crabby Dicks', Key West

by grandmaR
  • sunloverinatlanta's Profile Photo

Crabby Dick's: Crabby Dick's: Not impressed

by sunloverinatlanta Written May 11, 2009

The tea tasted like it came from McDonald's. The shrimp lacked any flavor and the fish was greasy. I think people eat here just because the name catches their attention. I think that was exactly what the review said that I read before going.

• Craby dicks: do not go there.

by jman144 Written May 10, 2009

If you like paying 18.50 for a salad and a little bit of chicken this could be your place. way over priced the food was cold and not vey tasty. in our group we had the shrimp with yellow rice that is horrible. lobster that was very small and bad. the chicken chef salad. any ways don't get sucked in by the guy on the street trying to sucker everyone that walks by, by offering a discount coupon. this place sucks the good places have a line to get into nt some one begging you to go in, we ate out side the view was good but food way overpriced and nasty.

Favorite Dish: nothing everyone wanted to leave and head to subway.

• doug48's Profile Photo

crabby dick's: seafood

by doug48 Written Nov 8, 2008

crabby dick's

crabby dick's is a bar and restaurant located in the heart of the duval street entertainment area. the food and service is typical of most key west restaurants. the main reason to eat and drink here is their very nice second floor veranda that overlooks the duval street scene. a fun place to eat and drink and people watch.

• Crabby Dicks': Wouldn't go back

by StefanC Written Dec 2, 2006

Service was poor and the food tasted like it came out of a microwave--Waitress rather sttod around at the bar and never asked up how things were. People watching is fun anywhere but I like restaurants for their food.

• jol1y's Profile Photo

Crabby Dicks': Sit outside on the Balcony

by jol1y Written Dec 18, 2005

We had to wait a while to get served, but having kids helped cut the time.
    Had a lovely seat on the balcony.
    The service was ok, all smiles, yes sir no sir.
    Until we had nearly finished when it was as though our waitress
    had a personality change. They just wanted us out as quickly as they could.
    I know they are busy and need turnaround but to make it so obvious
    to the point of being rude was out of order. I had to play my joker!!
    My daughter is the slowest eater in the world.
    We normally order her main meal with our starters and we have had coffee
    before she has finished half of it. I normally hurry her up but on this occasion she had alllll the time in the world. Petty I know but so what.
    The food was lovely but if I wanted fast food I would have gone to McDonalds!!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Crabby Dicks': Crabby Dicks'

by goingsolo Written Apr 19, 2005

Key West

Crabby Dicks is one of the most popular restaurants in Key West, and many consider it to be one of the best. It is a casual restaurant located on the second floor of a building on Duval Street and it has an outdoor patio that overlooks the street scene of Old Key West.

The place is known for its chicken wings, but seafood is the real reason to visit. Every day, there are several catch of the day selections of fresh fish, in addition to oysters, clams, shrimp and lobster. Since these are market price, they can get a bit, well, pricey. Your best bet for a healthy selection of fresh fish and seafood is the grilled seafood platter. The fish, shrimp and scallops were fresh and delicious, although the portion was pretty small.

Crabby Dicks also has fried plates of everything originating in the sea, from buffalo clam strips to conch fritters. The service is friendly and the people watching is great.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Crabby Dicks' Seafood Restaurant and Lounge: Seafood and Crabs

by grandmaR Updated Aug 18, 2003

Crabby Dick's from Duval St.

I wanted to go to a very highly rated Cuban restaurant on Duval Street, but we didn't start looking for it until well after noon and it was packed, and I was too hungry to wait. So we went here.

I understand the name of this restaurant comes from the two owners who are both named Richard/Dick. We had lunch and watched the tourists on Duval street (the Duval Crawl). They also have large TVs to watch sports if that is your thing.

Lunch from 11:30am 'til 4pm.
    Dinner from 11:30am 'til close.
    Happy Hour 4-7 pm: $1 Draughts and 1/2 Price Featured Appetizers

Crabby Dicks' also had a line of merchandise...tee-shirts and sweatshirts, hats, mugs etc. I did not buy any.

My mom collects pictures of unusual rest room signs, and I was able to add to her collection here. The Men's room was labeled Outboards, and the Ladies room was labeled Inboards. The pictures were of a man and a lady in the appropriate type of boat.

Favorite Dish: I can't remember what I had, but they say they have the following things on the menu.

The Best Local Fresh Fish, Dungeness and Alaskan Crabs, Florida Lobster, Stone Crabs, Oysters, Clams, Scallops, and Shrimp, Expertly Prepared Pastas Dishes with Cream or Marinara Sauces

Instant Answers: Key West