Croissants de France, Key West

by holly39
  • Croissants de France
    by richiecdisc
  • FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Croissants de France: Croissants de France - Crepes!!

by FatesWarn Updated Apr 30, 2008

I visited Croissants de France twice during my last stay in Key West. The first time, I just stopped into the bakery for a brioche on my way to the docks. The brioche didn't match my favorite bakery in NYC, but it was still very good. My husband had a danish, which was perfectly flaky and not over-sweet.
    My second visit was for a sit-down breakfast. The service was a little slow, but it seemed that they were stretched a little thin at that time in the late morning. I had the Brioche French Toast, which was rich, and delicious, but it wasn't a massive portion, so I was able to try a crepe as well. They had a special crepe on the menu that morning with fresh mango; it was light and fruity and not too sweet.
    My husband had an "Americano", which was an open-faced Croissant layered with scrambled eggs and bacon. I didn't try it, but he seemed sad that he could not finish it all.

Update:
    Since writing this review, I have visited Croissants several times. The service has improved greatly and they are now open later - serving breakfast until 3 or 4pm and are now serving dinner as well.

Favorite Dish: The Brioche French Toast was my favorite because the density of brioche makes for great French Toast. It was nicely presented, and it wasn't one of those ridiculously large portions that our restaurants are so (in)famous for, so I was able to eat it all and not feel guilty.

Update:
    After several visits, there are some new favorites. The Dolphin Benedict is not to be missed - it is served on brioche, with perfectly poached eggs, and a generous portion of dolphin fish. If sweet breakfasts are your passion, like mine, go ahead and have the Le Decadante for breakfast - yes, it sounds like dessert, but have it anyway. It is a crepe filled with Nutella, peanut butter, bananas, honey, and walnuts and served with a side of vanilla ice-cream from Flamingo Crossing.

• holly39's Profile Photo

croissants de france: excellent breakfast and pastries

by holly39 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    back patio of the restraunt

the food was wonderful, fresh and hot.

Favorite Dish: eggs and ham on butter croissant with potatos and mustard sauce. also the strawberry tarts

Instant Answers: Key West

Comments

Hotels Near Croissants de France
4.5 out of 5 stars