Latitudes Beach Cafe, Key West

Dinner on Sunset key
    by evalynn
  • Latitudes: The Most Romantic Dining Experience

by Melissaifft Updated May 10, 2010

My husband and I ate dinner here on our anniversary and we could not have picked a better place. We had reservations at sunset outside with candlelight and torches lit It was soooo beautiful. The food was also amazing and the staff was absolutely wonderful. I would recommend this restuarant to anyone It was one of the best dining if not THE BEST I have ever had.

I realize that some have not had the experience that we did, but I do know that the locaton that we were at was brand new and that they have gone through a renovation of some sort so may be that has somthing to do with it. I will be going back on our next trip.

Favorite Dish: The wedge salad was so wonderful. I normally would not eat something with diced fruit in it but, the combinations of taste were incredible. The filet and stone crab claws were excellant also. YUM!!!!

• Spa and Resort

• Latitudes Beach Cafe: Not the best

by keyslass Written Jun 24, 2005

I live in key West and have eaten at most every restaurant here. For a special occasion we decided to go to Latitudes on Sunset Key. The setting was not disappointing. From the boat trip out there, to the beach location with a calming view and torches, the scene was set for a wonderful dinner. Unfortunately, neither the dinner nor the service lived up to the setting. I can't say we had not been warned that the food was not the best Key west has to offer. While the food was not terrible there is much better to be had in Key West (Pisces, Mihcaels, Louis and many more). The service was something else. The server gave me Fois Gras instead of the Tuna I ordered (Although he did proclaim it was tuna). The waitress was quite drunk. Not an exageration. Towards the end of the meal her speach was so slurred it detracted from the meal. Had my 16 year old daughter not been with us I may have made a comment to the manager, but being it was a special occasion we just wanted to enjoy the setting as mucha s possible. Would we go again, probably yes, for the setting alone. If food is a priority try something else.

Favorite Dish: The Tuna appetizer.
    Surprisingly fair price on the wine list

Instant Answers: Key West