Mangia-Mangia, Key West

Me @ Mangia-Mangia
    by TRimer
  • Mangia-Mangia: Overrated

by SpiralJacobs Written Aug 7, 2007

Much hype about Mangia Mangia, and we were disappointed. The pesto was kind of boring, rather oily and not what we expected. The mushroom/spinach/tomato pasta dish had a bitter flavor in it that made it unpalatable. There are better restaurants in Key West.

• Mangia-Mangia: Best Kept secret in Key West

by bnbad11 Written Jul 28, 2006

After a long day of Parasailing, wave runners & the fabulous sunset cruise, this was the perfect ending to a great day! My family (of 6) and I were pretty beat and really hungry. We had eaten seafood for 4 days now and wanted a change. We read reviews and saw Mangi- Mangia rated very well. We decided to check it out. Boy are we glad wedid. The service was great and the food fantastic! the kids had the fresh pasta with alfredo sauces and 1 had the meat sauce,WOW what a treat for kids it was awesome. I ordered the Broccoli rabe paste with sausage,again,WOW (it packed some heat so not for the weak at heart) awesome!! my wife had the linguini with clam sauce WOW again! This was by far the best meal we had on the island so far. we will be back in the next day or so, this time the seafood pastas sound great. The prices are very reasonable. YOU CAN"T PASS THIS UP!!!

Favorite Dish: broccolli rabe pasta(so far)

• Mangia-Mangia: Great Broccoli Rabe!

by crabbyconch Written Jun 6, 2006

This charming family own and run restaurant is a hidden gem that takes a little time to find as it is not on the famous Duval Street, it sits 4 blocks off the beaten path in a residential neighborhood.

Sometimes there is a wait for a table, but it is worth it. We prefer to dine outside in the beautiful tropic garden patio under the twinkle lights, but they also have a welcoming air conditioned insided dining area as well. They don't take reservations, so if you have a big party the best tip I can give you is to come right at 5:30 when they open the doors! If you have children in you party, they have highchairs and booster seats and offer half size portions on the menu.

The food tastes fresh and nourishing, as the pasta is made daily and the sauces are made daily from locally grown vegetables. The prices are amazingly inexpensive when compared to the other places in Key West, it is obvious the owners really care about what they serve and making it affordable to everyone. The wine list is outstanding, and appears to be to be the most comprehensive list in all of the florida keys. Be sure not to miss Mangia-Mangia on your next visit to Key West.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the Broccoli Rabe, I even get it as an appetizer and then as my entree. This is the only place on the island that serves this dish, and in my opinon the only place in the world that knows how to make it to prefection. It is an acquired taste as the flavor of broccoli rabe is more like kolard greens than what you expect from broccoli. The broccoli rabe is served over homemade pasta....yummy....I get it with a side of spicy Italian sausage that is made locally as well.

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Mangia-Mangia: Wonderful Homemade Pasta

by TRimer Written Jun 14, 2005

Me @ Mangia-Mangia

This restaurant was a little off of the beaten path (from Duval, etc.) but was well worth the walk through the wonderful residential streets of Key West. Here we met islanders who have been coming to Key West for years. The maitre D' is from Chicago so we immediately had something in common and got a great table and waitress. I guess the service can be hit or miss but we loved ours.

Favorite Dish: Mangia Mangia makes all of the pasta they serve. They have received many awards, including several Wine Spectator Awards of Excellence (they have over 350 wines). It is one of the best values in Key West. It has sustained an excellent reputation for many years.

The specials change daily but there is a lot to choose from. House specialties include: Pollo al Quattro Formaggio which is diced, sauteed Chicken Breast in a rich cream sauce combining parmesan. romano, fontinella and gorgonzola cheeses and topped with chopped Walnuts.

• rustreckless's Profile Photo

Mangia Mangia (spelled...

by rustreckless Written Aug 26, 2002

Mangia Mangia (spelled incorrectly)
    Hands down my favorite...homemade pasta, great mesquite broiled dolphin. The Misto, although on their special menu, is there everynight, a delightful pasta seafood dish in a clear broth. Mouthwatering

Favorite Dish: The misto