Mangoes, Key West

700 Duval Street 305.292.4606

• Mangoes
    by Skigirl
  • Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Mangoes: Good not great...

by Hexepatty Written Jan 15, 2006

Nice atmostphere. Outdoor dining, even in the cold (they have gas heaters!) Nice location, close to Duval Street action....

Favorite Dish: I had a pasta with shrimp dish and it was less than stellar. But friends steak was good (but pricey!) Staff was efficient and pleasant.

• Skigirl's Profile Photo

Mangos: Ambiance and fine cuisine

by Skigirl Written Jan 21, 2003

Dining outside at Mangos on Duval Street is a wonderful way to start an evening. The tables are lit and the umbrellas have lights inside of them. This is a wonderful place to enjoy a bottle of wine and watch the people go by.

Favorite Dish: Anything on the menu . . .hummus, desserts, local catch of the day . . . Mahi-Mahi, Snapper etc.

• gishapir's Profile Photo

Mangos: Not as good as it seems

by gishapir Written Feb 24, 2004

I'd read some great reviews of the restaurant on travel books and even here, on VT, but I have to say that I was extremely disappointed. I started with a very nice conch chowder that was creamy and made with Sherry. Good stuff. They happened to have a very interesting special of Spicy Thai Octupus salad, but that was it.

The Mango salad for 7.50 was utter disappointment. Simple lettuce with maybe 3 cherry tomatos along with some shredded carrots in a very salty Soy-Ginger salad dressing. It should have cost 2 bucks for that amount.

Next, for an entree, my girlfriend and I split their Paella. First, I have to say that I LOVE paella. I've had many different versions and even make a great one myself, but Mango's was so utterly pathetic I couldn't believe it. On top of that, to charge 24.50 for it? Shame on them. It was basically a risotto made with 10 peas, a plum tomato, 3 shrimp, 2 little bits of lobster and shredded chorizo. It was as bland as can be. Further, they charged 3 dollars extra for sharing it. Meaning for splittin gthe dish and putting it on two plates! Are you kidding me? And to not even mention it? I'm not typically going to cry over 3 dollars, but when the dish is so bad, it makes me upset.

With so many other restaurants there, I would skip Mangos or at least not order their Paella and Mangos salad.

Instant Answers: Key West

Comments

Hotels Near Mangoes
4.0 out of 5 stars