Marthas-Benihana, Key West

3.5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

3591 S Roosevelt Blvd, Key West, FL 33040 305.294.6400

Dining room looking out on the water
    by grandmaR
    My shrimp scampi ($21.50)
    creme brulee
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Marthas: At the Airport

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bob suggested we go to Martha's which he had seen as we drove past the Hyatt on the way to the Martello Tower. So we did that.

We were early enough to be seated right away (about 6:30), but not early enough for the early bird specials ($5 off any entree before 6). This is a very fancy restaurant with table clothes and piano music (played at a very fast tempo - Bob suggested they kept it up tempo to make people eat faster) and uniformed waiters. There are four columnar salt water aquaria in the middle.

By the time we finished at about 7:30, there were people waiting for tables. There isn't any place to eat for the people in the hotels around here except this restaurant and the Japanese steak house next door.

Favorite Dish: Bob got a $22.50 filet mignon (7 oz) with baked potato, and veggies (snap peas and carrots), and I got shrimp scampi ($21.50) which had 6 large shrimp on top. These were among the least expensive entrees. Even the calves liver was $16. They gave us a round loaf of bread (very good) to start, and tossed salads which were pretty ordinary.

The scampi noodles were so slippery that I could not wind them up on my fork no matter how hard I tried. So I ended up winding them in the spoon into a little mound and eating them from the spoon. I had the creme brulee to finish with - it was nice but nothing special. The bill was $53 before the tip.

Dining room looking out on the water My shrimp scampi ($21.50) Part of the menu creme brulee Notice at the entrance about Early Bird

• rossandkelli's Profile Photo

Benihana! It's got an ocean...

by rossandkelli Written Aug 26, 2002

Benihana! It's got an ocean view too! When we're on vacation my husband doesn't like to eat at places where he can eat at home so getting him to go to Benihana's was a task! It was a wonderful experience! Although we've eaten at many Benihana steakhouses, this one tops all of them! Our Chef, Matthew was hysterical...he had given his 2 week notice and was going to the acadamy to be a cop in Key West...Good Luck Matthew, you were wonderful!

Matthew made us laugh the entire time he was with us! He flew shrimp tails onto another table and into their salads...they didn't want them and we just kept laughing at them! He made a volcano out of the onions and had it steam and explode! He made a bunny out of a shrimp and so much more...we'll return without a doubt!

Favorite Dish: Any food item you get at Benihana is wonderful but their Fried Rice is the best!!!! I usually get the combo of shrimp and filet with fried rice and veggies...yummy!!!!!!!!

Instant Answers: Key West