Michael's Restaurant, Key West

Joe & I outside of Michaels
    by TRimer
  • Michael's Restaurant
    by anaisdreams
  • MICHAELS RESTAURANT: Get the fondue!

by SpiralJacobs Written Aug 7, 2007

Michael's is quite pricey and known for its expensive and tasty steaks. However, it is also one of the few restaurants where you can get homemade fondue. There are about 5 different types to choose from. We got the beer cheese fondue, which comes out in a big iron pot with a heaping tray of fresh vegetables, freshly baked bread, roast chicken, sausages, and fruit. More than enough food for two people, the fondue costs $28, which is a steal for such a fun and filling meal in Key West. You have to eat it at the bar, which is not a hardship because the bartender is excellent and the drinks are top-shelf.

Favorite Dish: Highly recommend the fondue-- you can afford it, though maybe you couldn't afford the $40 a plate steak dishes.

• MICHAELS RESTAURANT: Stay away!!!!!!!!!! It's too good for you.

by SaltyGuy Written Jan 27, 2006

Inside and outside seating...I sit outside, or eat at the bar when there are too many irritating tourists taking up the tables so us local's can't even get to our favorite resturants!

If you are a tourist, stay away from this place...or at least, ask when you call in what percentage of reservations are for tourists...if it is over 50% then stay away!!!!!!!

I'm almost to the point where I'll do construction work all day and get good and stinky. Then not shower and go to Michaels and scare all the tourists away. The locals all know me and would just laugh and buy me a beer.

Favorite Dish: Soooo Many, but:
    Tuna - Any way they make it is great!
    Shrimp and Scallops Linguini
    and for desert: Chocolate Volcano.

• TRimer's Profile Photo

MICHAELS RESTAURANT: Gourmet Experience

by TRimer Written Aug 7, 2005

Some long time residents of Key West told us about Michaels as we were waiting to be seated at Mangia-Mangia. Michaels did not disappoint. The food and the service were outstanding.

Favorite Dish: I had the house specialty- Filet au Forno- steak that was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife. It was roasted with garlic and topped with blue cheese. Joe had the veal chop. We got a laugh at the fact that the meat was flown in from Chicago (where we are from).

Joe & I outside of Michaels

• anaisdreams's Profile Photo

MICHAELS RESTAURANT: elegant dining fountainside

by anaisdreams Written Jun 4, 2004

nestled among the charming tropical back streets of
    Key West's Old Town District. Come discover a garden oasis where Chef Michael Wilson
    and his wife Melanie offer a classic menu with an island twist.

Favorite Dish: The steak is the thing here- of course, the seafood if fresh and grand but, I love the filet!For a special treat, Michaels Restaurant offers fondue at the garden bar. Wonderful martinis abound and take a date- they'll love it!

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Key West

Comments

Hotels Near Michael's Restaurant
4.5 out of 5 stars