Pepe's Cafe, Key West

• doug48's Profile Photo

pepe's cafe: breakfast

by doug48 Written Nov 8, 2008

pepe's

established in 1909 pepe's claims to be the oldest restaurant in key west. don't let the shabby exterior fool you, this is one of the better restaurants in key west. a great place to have breakfast. in the back of the restaurant they have a nice patio for outdoor dining. inexpensive.

• agurleysms's Profile Photo

Pepe's: They have this breakfast thing down pat!

by agurleysms Written May 18, 2008

The self proclaimed oldest eating establishment in Key West has evidence of many celebrity patrons. I can see why. Pepe's was really good. Adrian had a generous portion of pancakes that were just as anyone would make at home. He said they were good but wishes he would have tried something else. I had one of the specials of the day (biscuits and gravy). Everyone gravy is different, but if you are a fan you will love this. The biscuits that covered the plate were large and fluffy and the gravy had a great creamy texture and balanced seasoning.

Try Pepe's for breakfast, its a lot better than it looks from outside!

• jelw's Profile Photo

Pepe's Cafe: Eldest Eating House in KW

by jelw Written Mar 15, 2008

Charming little pub-like interior but we sat outside under the beautiful arbor and enjoyed some of the very best fish chowder I have ever had. Our waiter claimed mahi another waiter disagreed, I don't recall the outcome but the bottom line is the flavor. This was the soup de jour made with lovely sweet morsels of white meat fish, some relatively mild jalepenos added to the flavor but did not mask it, and a delicious cream based fish broth. It was heaven on earth! The rest of the meal was in fact delicious but we agreed the soup was the show stopper!

Favorite Dish: Soup!!!

• Pepe's Cafe: The best of what we tasted in Key West!

by candlelady Written Jun 11, 2007

Key west style through and through. Dine in or eat outside in partially shaded area... Pick your spot! The tables are well varnished in what looks like a marine varnish to protect them from the outdoors. Very nice!!! We found this place the last day we were there. Had we found it earlier, we would've ate there a few more times!!

Favorite Dish: Husband had a crab cake sandwich. If you like crab and no fillers this is the crab cake for you. I enjoyed the mahi mahi grilled sandwich wonderfully done. On both sandwiches you could not even see the bread!!! After we were done the server brought the ticket out on a mouse trap!!! Very cute!! This was lunch so the price was probably lunch time prices.

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Pepe's Cafe: Oldest Restaurant in Town

by FatesWarn Written May 19, 2007

Pepe's Cafe is a steakhouse that is very popular with the locals. They serve breakfast (7:30am-Noon), lunch (til 5:30pm), and dinner (til 10:30pm). I have not been to Pepe's for dinner, but I had a wonderful breakfast there.
    They offer traditional American breakfast food, homemade breads, and fresh-squeezed OJ.
    I had a perfectly portioned order of French Toast, while my husband had creamed chip beef (SOS) and that morning's special side-dish, potato cakes, which were small portions of mashed potatoes, lightly fried to make a shell around them.

• Georgiantraveler's Profile Photo

Pepe's Cafe: This is Old time Key West!

by Georgiantraveler Written Jul 28, 2005

This Restaurant was recommended by several of the locals. Opened in 1909, it looks like a dive, but the food is quite good! I would say that it is worth the difficulty finding it, as it is not located along the more popular areas of the island.

Favorite Dish: The grilled "fish of the day" sandwich, which was Mahi-mahi on my day, was one of the best light fare meals I had during my entire time on Key West.

• grasshopper_6's Profile Photo

Pepe's Cafe: A great local spot

by grasshopper_6 Written Jun 3, 2005

Pepe's Caroline St

As with many things in Key West, don't judge too much from the outside appearance of the place.
    It may look a bit run down, but inside is a great local restaraunt/bar. Serves a variety.

Favorite Dish: I like to eat breakfast at the bar. Standard bacon & eggs. Breakfast is pretty cheap. Lunch and Dinner a bit more $$

• swkat's Profile Photo

Pepe's Cafe: Great little place!

by swkat Written Nov 25, 2004

A very charming, unique place. Not at all fancy, half the seating is open-air, but the food is marvelous. There's a good amount of menu choices, everything we had was very tasty and they are open for breakfast, lunch & dinner.

Favorite Dish: Although very simple, my favorite was the home-made granola with yogurt and fresh fruit for breakfast. It was like starting your day with a dessert sundae!

An unusual dinner item on the menu: 'steak smothered in pork chops'!! We couldn't convince either of our manly-men to order it...has anybody here had it??

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Pepe's Cafe: Simply good

by GUYON Updated Feb 8, 2008

Pepe's Cafe

We ate a good lunch in an external patio.

Open at 7:30AM for breakfast, at 12:00 for lunch and from 5:30 to 10:30 PM for dinner

Favorite Dish: For Patty melt burger and Mai-Mai + beverage : 25$ + tip

Instant Answers: Key West

Comments

Hotels Near Pepe's Cafe
4.5 out of 5 stars