Seven Fish Restaurant, Key West

3.5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

632 Olivia Street 305 296 2777

Window from the outside with reflections
    by grandmaR
  • Strawberry whipped cream pie (partly eaten)
    Strawberry whipped cream pie (partly...
    Shrimp Salsa appetizer $9.00
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Seven Fish: Reservations Needed for Dinner

by grandmaR Updated Apr 23, 2011

Shrimp Salsa appetizer $9.00

My sister had made dinner reservations at Seven Fish which was on Thomas Street. My map had Thomas Street and Thompson Street mixed up which annoyed Bob. But we eventually got there and Bob let us off and parked. There is VERY limited parking around the restaurant in Old Town

We stood around outside with the other patrons until the restaurant opened at 6. I'm sure you could not have gotten another person in there and if you wanted to eat there, you had to have a reservation. They had people sitting in front of one of the two exit doors. Bob also had some concerns about the ceiling beams which he said were sistered.

Favorite Dish: Bob had the shrimp salsa appetizer, and I had the fresh fish entree (which was mahi-photo 2), Aunt B and Uncle George had the Sea Scallops over mashed potatoes, puree peas and spinach which were $29.00. Then we shared a piece of strawberry whipped cream pie with chocolate graham crust ($9.50) which I didn't take a photo of it until we had partly eaten it (photo 4).

We just drank water, although they had a wine menu (photo 5)

• jbel2879's Profile Photo

Seven Fish Restaurant: Way off the main drag

by jbel2879 Updated Apr 4, 2011

In a town that is generally tourist-generated, it's so great to visit a restaurant snuggled into a quiet, residential, yet still exotic side street away from the obnoxious other tourists, whom of course you are nothing like (wink wink). Seven Fish is literally surrounded by cute small beach houses in a woody, heavily vegitated section of the old town. The decor is very minimalist, and lends itself personally to the slight Asian influence you'll see in the food.

The food is mainly fish, and it is, in a few words, uncompromisingly fresh and creatively prepared. I just checked out the website and it styled itself "comfort food," but I have to say that the portions were not that big - and I like that. Americans eat too much anyway. I got Sea Scallops (which is typical) which were fabulous and perfectly cooked - and I recall some sort of gnocchi dish that was tdf (to die for) probably ordered by one of my gnocchi-loving bros.

Honestly, if you have fabulous taste and you only want to go to one nice restaurant in KW, then go to Seven Fish and avoid the other more traditional, more touristy nice restaurants in town. The foods fab, and it will bring you to neighborhoods you normally wouldn't visit.

Favorite Dish: Ceviche
    That gnocchi dish

Instant Answers: Key West

Comments

Hotels Near Seven Fish Restaurant
4.0 out of 5 stars