Duval Street, Key West

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 20 Reviews

• Short and Tall of this tale....MathIsFun and ????
    Short and Tall of this tale....MathIsFun...
    by SONG
  • Key West's old Strand Theater (now a pharmacy!)
    Key West's old Strand Theater (now a...
    by Jefie
    Sloppy Joe's Bar on Duval Street
    by Jefie
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

The Clock On Duval

by grandmaR Written Mar 13, 2004

Clock on Duval Street

I was never much of a Duval Crawler when we lived here in the 60s. But it seems like now when we drive down to Key West, we always end up driving on Duval Street to get to someplace I want to see. We've only actually walked down Duval once that I can remember - that was when we returned our rental car and picked up the Bone Island Shuttle and got off downtown to have lunch.

We walked by a place with a guy with purple hair (or at least his hair was purple in the spotlight) playing a guitar and singing the "One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater" song. Except that instead of people the thing that was being eaten was a slang word for the male sex organ that begins with P and rhymes with wrecker.

• School Holidays
    • Gay and Lesbian

• ak47uk's Profile Photo

Duval Street

by ak47uk Written Feb 10, 2004

Lets all get on with each other

There are all kinds of street entertainers from musicians,artists,acrobats and fire breathers, also very interesting characters as you can see from the picture. Key West is also known for it's Gay and Lesbian scene

• paulapes's Profile Photo

Walk the streets in Old Town

by paulapes Written May 31, 2003

The

It's such an interesting place. The architecture is unusual (to us Northerners!) and I love the plants, flowers, and palm trees. Duval Street is the main street with many, many stores and interesting sights to see.

My husband and I were out one night and saw this car parked on Duval Street. The white things are all shells--the whole car is decorated with shells! There are some eccentric folk living in Key West :o)

• Duvall Street

by missmommy19 Updated May 14, 2003

my kids & a stranger at Fat Tuesdays

You cannot travel to Key West without strolling Duvall Street. Stop in one or two of the more "famous" bars such as Sloppy Joe's or Hogs Breath, sit back and people-watch. I would patronize the "chain" places like Hard Rock or Fat Tuesday's only after experiencing the one-of-a-kind bars. The Duvall Crawl is a must-do, leave the kids at home for this one.

• Water Sports
    • Beaches

• hayward68's Profile Photo

The Duval Crawl

by hayward68 Written Sep 29, 2002

This is when you walk up Duval St from one end to the other trying to hit as many bars as you can! Take a taxi after or just walk (if you can!). Learned this from trolley car tour guide. Duval St. is the main drag where the shops and nightclubs are located. It’s a great place for window shopping, dining, and people watching.

Instant Answers: Key West

Comments

Hotels Near Duval Street
3.0 out of 5 stars