Shops, Key West

Key West Indian #2

• palla's Profile Photo

Another one bites The dust

by palla Updated May 10, 2012

Breaking news : Fast Buck Freddies closing. Another victim of The bad economy and changes of The type of tourists Key West is getting these days. YES THE ECONOMY IS AFFECTING US ! Our only industry is tourism. And no we don't make big bucks from cruise ships.
    I just hope Fast Bucks doesnt become yet another cheesy T-shop,a blemish on Duval.. Fast Bucks charming store front windows,changed weekly,and their huge contribution to The annual Fantasy Fest parade will create VOID Duval street. R.I.P Fast Buck Freddies

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Take Photos with Cigar Store Indians

by TravellerMel Written Mar 9, 2011

Boyd & I have collected photos with cigar store Indians since we first started dating - it's become an obsession! We were shocked at the number of cigar stores and storefronts in Key West - I guess because of the proximity to Cuba? Anyway, we were thrilled to find not one, not two, but THREE Indians with which to take photos!

Key West Indian #1 Key West Indian #2 Key West Indian #3
    • Photography

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Shops & Bars Galore

by apbeaches Updated Feb 21, 2010

We walked down Duval Street with all of the other tourists looking in the colorful and pricey shops and cafe's. There were a lot of T shirt shops, cigar stands, and a few very artsy and orginial gift shops. Once the cruise ships left it was quieter and less congested.

• MarianneRules's Profile Photo

Henna Tatoo Gone bad

by MarianneRules Updated Jan 2, 2009

A few years ago, my mom and I went to Key West and got matching butterfly henna tattoos on our lower backs. It was super corny and cute. I thought it would be fun to do that again with my boyfriends mom and she was up for it. What a nightmare it turned out to be…we did what we were told (wait 45 minutes to dry, let the top layer of henna peel off, etd). Welp…the tattoos didn’t completely dry after almost 2 hours so we gave up and went to sleep… once I get the picture up, you’ll see what happened. So lame!! I have a big blue splotch on the back of my neck that I’m stuck with for 2 weeks!!! Lets not even mention what happened to the pillow cases at the hotel :(

Cat, Lion, blob
    • Singles

• tattud_gurl's Profile Photo

Shopping madness

by tattud_gurl Written Dec 2, 2004

I loved the shopping on Duval. SO many shops to choose from. Dive shops, souvenirs, clothes, art, etc. I could spend the whole day there and not hit every store. LOTS of beachwear and sarongs. Grab a bite at Sloppy Joes or any of the other restaurants on the street.
    Sunset at Mallory Square isn't to be missed, but get there parking and the place gets packed due to all the street performers and everyone wanting to watch the sun set.

Duvall Street

• katmag's Profile Photo

This is a nice car, right on...

by katmag Updated Sep 8, 2002

This is a nice car, right on Duval Street next to a glass, tile and metal arts store. The car was accordingly covered in colorful tile, and serves as one of the many small points of interest here, and photo back drops. You will not miss anything on Key West, as it is a tiny island, only about 3 miles long and 1 and 1/2 mile wide but, as i said before, keep your eyes peeled. there are fun little details EVERYWHERE. Some are intended, and some are not, like the lizards and funny looking chickens that walk around and do their own thing, or hillarious signs that people put up for anyone who will notice. My favorite was a guy riding around on a bicycle with his dog (unfortunately i didn't get a shot of these two shady characters), but they had a sign that said 'honesty is the best policy - we need money for beer and dog food.' Clever, and to the point.

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Internet access

by GUYON Updated Nov 19, 2003

This rooster perched on a high branch is a neighbor of the Public Library 700 Fleming in which there is an internet access.

Other places :
    - corner of Truman and Duval
    - 424 Green St

The rooster on a branch

• cinay's Profile Photo

Sponge Shops

by cinay Written Aug 25, 2002

Key West produces sponge. There are shops that sells sea shell, sponge, and many other cute little things at great price.

Instant Answers: Key West