Tiny Cars, Key West

Know about this? Rate It!

• Putting a charge into your driving and credit card
    Putting a charge into your driving and...
    by 850prc
    Rent Me!
    by tpangelinan
    Adventure Scooter cars
    by grandmaR
  • 850prc's Profile Photo

Save the planet, but not your money

by 850prc Updated Aug 6, 2006

Putting a charge into your driving and credit card

When we first got into Key West, we noticed these nifty looking little electric cars zipping around town. Wow, we thought...we can be environmentally responsible, they'll be easier to park and we can also zip around like true Florida tourists. The advertisements say "easy, safe and fun".

And then, I investigated more closely. How does about $50 for 12 hours sound? Yea, sounded like a damned rip-off to me, too.

I know, I know, we wouldn't have to pay for gasoline, which is very expensive in the Keys. But noting that these carts are not air-conditioned and are incapable of going fast enough to really cool you with a breeze sealed the deal. We chose a Chrysler convertible for $60 a day.

But for any of you who'd wish to consider these children of a dune buggy-golf cart honeymoon, I'm including contact information below. They come in a 2 and 4 passenger size. Oh, and one other thing...it sometimes rains in Key West, and it can rain pretty hard too. Do these carts look like something you'd like to be caught in a rainstorm driving? Again, we chose the Chrysler.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Rent a Mini-Car with Key West Cruisers

by tpangelinan Updated May 23, 2003

Rent Me!

We saw people going all over in these little cars. We were pretty busy, and had bikes with us we bought just for this town, but the folks we asked loved them!
    These rental places are all over.
    $58.00 two hours (2 seater)
    $78.00 two hours (4 seater)
    24 hours $139.00/$189.00

• Beaches

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Bubble cars

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Electric car from sidewalk over Bob's shoulder

I was considering getting one of these cars, but they are quite expensive. And you still have to find a place to park them.

From Electric Cars of Key West
    2 Seaters $29 per hour 2 hour minimum
    $99 per night for 3 or more nights

4 Seaters $39 per hour 2 hour minimum
    $139 per night for 3 or more nights
    Rates do not include 7.5% sales tax

Their top speed is 25 mph, but you can't go much faster than that in downtown Key West anyway.

You can also get these bubble cars from Tropical Rentals

• Eco-Tourism
    • Cruise

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

An Adventure In Key West

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Adventure Scooter cars

Adventure Scooters has much more sexy mopeds than this on their webpage - but I don't think the bikini clad model comes with the scooter. But I have not been able to find out the price of these little cars. At least they will not require that you be able to balance on a two wheeler.

• Cruise
    • School Holidays

• hayward68's Profile Photo

You can rent mopeds or teeny...

by hayward68 Written Aug 25, 2002

You can rent mopeds or teeny weeny little cars for motoring around Key West. If I’d had more time I would have loved to rent a moped and zoom around. And those little cars were just so cute!

Instant Answers: Key West