Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Travel Guide

• Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
    by cocael61

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Things to Do

• by gidat1 Written Nov 30, 2006

This afternoon I went for a lunch at the ElMar Dr. beach area. I was very cautious as per feeding the parking meter. Upon returning to my car I was dismayed to find a parking ticket on my windshield. It seems they gave me a ticket for not parking on the space. The parking meters are very confusing to figure out. There were quite a few white lines. My car was three feet over one of the white lines. I was given a $ 25.00 ticket for it by a very rude parking ticket lady. They do not care how you treat a tourist.
    Next time if I ever visit the area I will go out of my way to not patronize any businesses in this unfriendly town who does nor realise that they exists because of tourist DOLLARS.
    PhilP

• rdywenur's Profile Photo

by rdywenur Written Nov 23, 2006

Visitors to Lauderdale-By-The-Sea often see scuba divers entering the water to make a "beach dive." What the visitors may not know -- but what the divers do is that the Town has a living coral reef within 100 yards of its shoreline. The reef is so close to the beach, it is even accessible to snorkelers. Commonly referred to as the "first reef," this underwater habitat is home to Florida's spiny lobster, grouper, rust-colored barrel sponges, numerous species of coral, sea fans and a variety of colorful tropical fish.
    The most biologically-diverse marine eco-systems on earth, reefs are rivaled only by the tropical rainforests on land. Coral reefs occupy less than one quarter of 1 percent of the planet's marine environment, but are home to more than 25 percent of all fish species.
    Corals have been growing on earth for an estimated 200 million years. Even though corals are protected by state and federal laws, the Town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea is exploring the idea of creating an underwater preserve or park off its shores. In addition to their natural beauty, coral reefs play a vital role in South Florida's tourism economy. Reefs also help protect shorelines from erosion and storm damage.

by moneysavr Written Feb 25, 2003

Do a tour of the Everglades at Sawgrass Recration park!Well worth the money and not hard to find!use the coupon from your hotel!
    Also do the tour of the homes and boats at the Las Olas Riverfront-on the Carrie b harbour tours-real nice tour of the fancy homes and yachts,and cruise ships a must do!!!!!!!

• Cycling

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Hotels

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Restaurants

by moneysavr Written Oct 4, 2002

This area has so many places to eat at and most are real good,Ask a local for a tip, We found out this works the best for a great meal at a great deal!
    Also we love to cook at our place this takes the hassle with the kids out of the program and We can all have a great meal and no problems at the resort!This realy works great if you have small ones!

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Warnings and Dangers

by moneysavr Written Oct 4, 2002

We would of posted a pick of the divers changing-X-Rated,Some side streets the divers go to the Ocean,on return they change,and dont care if they drop their wet speedo anywere,not to great for small children,But the Police keep an eye open for this type of thing and pop a heavy ticket quickly!

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Off The Beaten Path

• by melis27 Written Oct 4, 2002

Any beach in Lauderdale by the Sea is extremely better than those of Ft. Laud Beach. Once place in particular is right by Villa's by the Sea on El Prado and El Mar Dr. Always fun things to see and not as crowded as the other 'young' people spots.

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Favorites

• by gunko13 Written Dec 31, 2011

Favorite thing: LBS is easily one of Florida's best kept secrets. From Anglin's pier, to fine dining(wink) in a cozy greek diner, to making sand-sculptures on the beach, this place has it all. I love it, can't wait to be back this February.

Fondest memory: The first time I spent the whole day, from just before sunrise to well after sunset, fishing(when I was 12yrs old) on Anglin's pier. I remember catching pilcher, then seeing schools of tarpon and catching baracuda. I saw all kinds of different fish. A great place for a kid to hang out. I still get that same eager feeling every time I head out to fish the pier and I am 50 now...my fav!!

• Eco-Tourism
    • Fishing

by moneysavr Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: Sit on the Beach early in the A.M. and watch the folks go out for the walks!

Fondest memory: RELAXING by the pool or beach!

• by melis27 Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: Go to Mulligans. Its a resturaunt and pub right in the heart of town. There is live music Wednesday thru Saturday nights and always a bunch of people to talk to and meet.

Fondest memory: I miss the beaches and the way the sun sets on the driveway of my house. The sun is always shining in South Florida, but in this town, it does not miss a single spot.

Instant Answers: Lauderdale-by-the-Sea

Comments

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Travel Guide
Map of Lauderdale-by-the-Sea