Barracuda Grill, Marathon

Bob in front of the Baracuda Grill
    by grandmaR

• Barracuda Grill: Fabulous Restaurant

by LATraveler987 Updated Jul 6, 2007

We had a memorable dining experience at the Barracuda Grill. This was the BEST restaurant that we dined at during our entire trip, and with we found it earlier in our trip.

Dining in the Keys is unique. Unless you are looking for sandwiches, burgers, and fried baskets, expect to pay $15-30 for a meal at any restaurant. We ate at ten different restaurants for dinner during our two week stay, and that pricing is average.

What set the Barracuda apart from the others was not the pricing, it was that the food was exceptional. Every dish served to us was delicious and well presented. The service was top knotch and professional.

The restaurant opened at 6:30, which made sense to us as sunset is around 9:00. We also arrived early, and appreciated a nice glass of wine while we waited. It only ended up being a few minutes, because the servers quickly finished setting up and brought us inside early.

Favorite Dish: We shared a tuna appetizer to start, which was wonderfully fresh. I'd recommend the filet mignon, which is amazingly tender and perfectly cooked. My husband enjoyed the mahi with key lime butter. Great wine list, too.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Barracuda Grill: MM 49 Pricey Seafood

by grandmaR Updated Jun 19, 2004

The lady in the marina who has been giving me recommendations on restaurants (and very good ones too) kept saying "I don't care what they say, the Barracuda is overpriced." However, one night we stopped there to eat.

They said that they weren't ready to seat people yet (it was about 5:45) and if we wanted to sit outside we could order drinks while they got ready to open. We didn't want to sit outside because it was too hot, and we didn't want to order drinks. I looked at the menu. Most entrees seemed to be in the $18-25 range. So I decided that my friend was right - the Barracuda WAS overpriced, and we didn't go there to eat.

Favorite Dish: Their website says:

"Stop In for A Bite!"

"This 'great bistro' in Marathon has acquired a rep as 'a must stop on the way to or from Key West'....."

from Frommer's...
    "...this casual spot serves excellent seafood, steaks, and chops. It's too bad it's open only for dinner."

"For those who think Keys food is limited to grilled dolphinfish and coconut shrimp, Barracuda Grill will be a revelation. Lance and Jan Hill present an eclectic menu that capitalizes on the local bounty - fresh fish"

Bob in front of the Baracuda Grill