Fish Tales, Marathon

11711 Overseas Highway MM 53 305-743-9196

• Fish Tales: BEST FRESH LOCAL SEAFOOD

by crawdady Written Dec 10, 2007

a small local place, with great food, the special s are the best, everything is homemade, they also have a great seafood market excellent meats, we tried some other restaurants but came back here, we were there for octoberfest, I had the sausage sampler where the sausage was all made there but the bratwurst was the best, my wife had the german snapper sandwich on swirlrye with coleslaw and swiss chesse and a potatoe PANCAKE. nOT ONLY WAS IT GREAT THE PRICES WERE REALLY REASONABLY PRICE. HIGHLY RECOMEND IT

Favorite Dish: CAN'T GO WRONG , TRY THE SPECIALS

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Fish Tales Fish Market and Eatery: MM 53 Near the Marathon Lady fishing boat

by grandmaR Updated Jan 9, 2004

Collage - sign and outdoor seating

We are at mm 47.5 so the places we can get to for dinner are limited by how far we can walk. Today, we picked up a rental car for a week, so we went all the way to the east end of the island for dinner. I had actually confused this place with the Keys Fisheries Market and Marina.

This place is small but neat. On the west side is a cooler with desserts and bottled drinks. Opposite it was a display case with all kinds of fresh fish.

On the other side were small light colored natural wood tables, backed by a full wall mural of an island and crab pots, and a board with the specials written on it.

It's open Mon-Sat 11-6:30.

Favorite Dish: I had the curried dolphin infused with coconut, and dirty rice (with some cole slaw, a hot roll and a slide of tomato) special for $9.95. Bob had the fried yellowtail special (also $9.95) with potato salad, cole slaw, roll etc. We both drank iced tea. Bob had enough to eat that he couldn't finish his potato salad (so I had some of it), but I also had a chocolate chip ice cream pie ($2.95) for dessert. I could also have had either mocha or peanut butter and chocolate ice cream pie. They also had key lime pie.

• Fishing

Instant Answers: Marathon

Comments

Hotels Near Fish Tales
3.0 out of 5 stars