Herbie's, Marathon

• doug48's Profile Photo

herbie's: local seafood

by doug48 Written Nov 3, 2008

herbie's

herbie's is a great place for breakfast, lunch, or dinner in marathon. this small restaurant specializes in conch dishes as well as local seafood. also in my opinion the best place for breakfast in marathon. besure to leave room for their key lime pie. good food moderately priced.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Herbie's Restaurant: MM 50.5 Bayside - Since 1972

by grandmaR Updated Feb 11, 2004

Herbies has 3 entrances - one on each side and one in the middle. Apparently if you get there 'late' (i.e. after 6) you have to stand in line in some kind of rotta. We walked in the south entrance where there were large picnic tables, and were put at the end of one of them with another party. The central area has barstools.

Favorite Dish: Herbies does not take credit cards or checks. CASH ONLY. So I don't have a ticket to tell me what we ate, and I can't find the pictures of it either. But the whole thing with tip was $30.00. I think I had chicken strips and yellow rice which was a special for about $14.00. And we both had dessert.

Their advertisement says:
    "Today at Herbie's, we offer you some of the same great food that was served back in 1972, when this was just a lazy spot for locals. Once only a raw bar where a cold beer could be had, we have gathered momentum and have become a place for everyone. Now a full-service restaurant, in the heart of the Florida , we offer you a menu of many choices, allowing you to get your wish at lunch or dinner."

Instant Answers: Marathon