Keys Fisheries, Marathon

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 5 Reviews

3502 Gulf View Ave. 305-743-4353

• Relax with a beer and lobster sandwich by the dock
    Relax with a beer and lobster sandwich...
    by pulgaron
  • Coast Guard coming into the marina for dinner
    Coast Guard coming into the marina for...
    by grandmaR
    My lobster roll in 2011
    by grandmaR
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Keys Fisheries Market and Marina Restaurant: MM 49 Only Seafood - No Frills

by grandmaR Updated Sep 11, 2011

Bob walking ahead of me from the parking lot

This is a seafood market (Bob biked out here to get shrimp to cook- a pound was $7.99), and a marina and a restaurant. You give your order in at the window, and they call you to pick it up.

The quirky thing about this restaurant is they ask you a question and you are called to pick up your food by the name you give in your answer. For instance - one time we went, they were asking for your favorite singer. If you listened to them call people, you'd have though Placido Domingo and Crystal Gayle were eating there. I was Freddie Mercury.

You eat at wooden picnic tables outside. They do have plastic enclosures to shield you from too much rain or wind. The customs and Coast Guard guys come in and dock here to eat.

Favorite Dish: Bob had coconut shrimp, and I had a lobster roll and Key lime and coconut ice cream for dessert (two scoops were $3.50)

Soups (conch chowder, clam chowder, or lobster bisque) are $3.95.

They have a famous lobster Reuben for $13.95, crab cakes are $9.95, a pound of steamed peel and eat shrimp is $13.95.

Fresh catch Fish sandwiches range from $6.95 from mahi mahi to $8.95 for yellowfin tuna for fried, grilled or blackened.

They have stone crab claws, scallops, calamari, soft shell crab and even salads and burgers.

• Keys Fisheries: Delicious Fresh Seafood

by marie_joy Written Mar 29, 2006

The Keys Fisheries is at the top of the list in Marathon. I think of it as a lunch place because you eat with plasticware and get your food cafeteria-counter style. The food is fresh, simple and good. A lot of sport/charter fishing boats dock there so you can take a walk and book yourself a fishing excursion after lunch. You can also see tons of fish in the water at the restaurants edge. There are framed pictures and articles (including ones out of gourmet food magazines) on the wall illustrating some of Key Fisheries' past and history. Getting to choose a movie or celebrity name for them to call your order by makes you want to go back for seconds. It's also a fish market, you can buy fresh catch and take it home to cook it yourself.

Favorite Dish: Seafood. The french fries aren't bad either.

• suzannebowser's Profile Photo

Keys Fisheries: Don't miss the Grouper sandwich basket!

by suzannebowser Written May 21, 2007

Waiting anxiously for our dinner

The food was great. The only problem with this resturant is deciding what to order! Everything is delicious! We enjoy sitting on the dock, eating and watching boats come in. One afternoon, we sat upstairs at the bar and watched fishing boats come in. They clean the fish right there and one day we saw them bring in a 45 pound dolphin!

Favorite Dish: The grouper sandwich

• Keys Fisheries: HORRIBLE SERVICE AND QUESTIONABLE MANAGEMENT

by lilcubnchick Updated Oct 21, 2009

We are regulars at this restaurant and for years have enjoyed visiting them because of their ambiance and food, but this past weekend, we went just for some ice cream and were treated so horribly that we couldn't believe it.
    We walked up to the counter looking at the choices and waited at least 10 minutes before we finally had to tell one of the women who had been chatting behind the counter ignoring us to help us. As we had waited, an employee (which we found out later was the manager) walked up while we were looking, filled himself a cup of ice cream for himself overflowing with ice cream (at least 3 scoops in not so large cup, so it was full!). When we finally get one of the women to help us, she treated us as though we had bothered her and was obviously very annoyed to help us. We asked her for two ice creams, one in a cup and one in a cone, and she then proceeded to pull a cone out of the freezer behind her with her bare hand (no napkin, no little paper napkin around the cone BARE!!). I am SEVERELY allergic to fish, so since this is "Fishery" needless to say immediately I knew I could not eat the cone, but I decided to just ignore it because I knew she would not be happy if I asked her to work any harder than what she was. So we asked her what two flavors of ice cream were because they were not labeled and her quick response of "read whatever it says" was just the reflection of her overall attitude, so we told her it was not labeled and she told us she didn't know what they were and she didn't have enough anyway. OK, so we chose from the ice cream she did have, and she rolled up HALF a scoop, plopped (and I do mean PLOPPED) it in the cone, which was still in her bare hand, and in the cup, handed them to us, and charged us for them. As we waited for our change back, I decided to take a small piece of the top of the cone which was cracked off and try it and I had to spit it out because it was so stale that I could not even chew it (think, really old potato chips that get rubbery and extremely stale... just like that). As soon as we walked away from the disgruntled employee, we commented to each other how horribly she had treated us and compared how much ice cream we had actually each gotten, each thinking that maybe it was "just me"... but it was not. We then decided to speak with the manager, who was in his office. Directed by another employee, we approached the office, and verified that the man was the manager. He was just finishing up his own ice cream when we asked him about the amount that was normally served. He told us with an "oh well" look on his face that he had spoken with the owner just recently about that because customers would get these "big" cones and expect it to be filled and they had decided on "a scoop and a half", so I showed him my almost empty cone (not kidding, it was not even half full) and asked him if that looked like "a scoop and a half" and he just kept that look of "too bad" and said "yea" to I'm not sure what. We just left and decided that we would NEVER be back .
    Really sad because we really had enjoyed going there before, but had never seen the unclenliness of the employees and obviously were extremely grossed out and hurt that they could treat regular paying customers so rudely but the staff could grab as much as they want for free. I have emailed the owner, since the manager was just as rude as the woman who had served us, and I am still waiting for a response.
    DO NOT GO HERE!!! THEY WILL TREAT YOU BADLY AND NOT GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY'S WORTH!!!!

Favorite Dish: NONE!!

• pulgaron's Profile Photo

Keys Fisheries: Not to be missed

by pulgaron Written Mar 23, 2006

Relax with a beer and lobster sandwich by the dock

For seafood lovers. Cheap and tasty. Also try their excellent selection of icecream. Eat outside by the docks but don't feed the birds. Accesible by land or sea.

Favorite Dish: Lobster Reuben Sandwich.

Instant Answers: Marathon

Comments

Hotels Near Keys Fisheries
4.5 out of 5 stars