Leigh Ann's Coffee House, Marathon

Collage of sign, store and food
    by grandmaR
  • Leigh Ann's Coffee House: Keep Driving

by belahboob Updated Mar 29, 2007

My sister, her two 7 yr olds, and I went to Leigh Anne's Coffee House for lunch. We had a bad experience. For 2 adults (chicken salads) and 2 small children (BLT's) we paid nearly $70 FOR LUNCH. We had to order at the counter b/c we wanted to eat outside. That took a half an hour. Then the cashier charged us a fee for each thing we ordered for taking it outside. She didn't tell us about the fee until she was swiping the card and we wanted to know why it was so expensive. There were no signs anywhere saying there would be a fee. Then we had to go pick our food up ourselves when they have waitresses. The salads ($15) were the size of side salads in any regular restaurant. The BLT's ($10) were just normal BLT's with plain cheap white bread that should cost about $4. Nothing tasted that great. I didn't know it was possible to make a bad smoothie, but this place does. It tasted like a terrible virgin bar drink made from concentrate out of a machine. I should teach them how to cook and make some real drinks. I would also need to give them lessons on service because theirs is lacking. I felt cheated the whole time I sat there eating my tiny little salad.

Favorite Dish: N/A

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Leigh Ann's Coffee House: MM 52 Fresh Roasted Coffee

by grandmaR Written Mar 17, 2004
    Collage of sign, store and food

Immediately you walk in here, you can smell coffee. But we are not coffee drinkers so we probably don't appreciate this place as much as we might.

Leigh Ann's mom bakes the bread, and her friend does the pies, cookies and cakes. There are 25 different coffee beans - Leigh Ann has them roasted locally so they can be used within 24 hours. There is also espresso and frozen frappacino.

You can have continental breakfast (large assortment of bagels and pasteries with home made jam - including mango) or biscuits and gravy, or an egg sandwich. For lunch there is quiche, soup, salads and subs with beer or wine served by the glass.

They also have imported wines (bottle or case), the home made jam, imported cheese and pate and baked goods for sale 'to-go'.

Favorite Dish: I had the quiche of the day which came with a mandarin orange and spinach salad, and Bob had a BLT. We drank iced tea. The bill with tip was $20 which I thought was way too expensive for lunch, even a gourmet lunch.

For some reason I thought this place was only open for lunch, but they also serve dinner.

Instant Answers: Marathon