Porky's, Marathon

1400 Overseas HIghway 305-743-4403

Key Lime Pie
    BBQ sandwich
  • Black Beans and Rice with fried Plantains
    Black Beans and Rice with fried...
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Porky's Too or Porky's Bayside: MM 47.8 Bayside

by grandmaR Updated Mar 5, 2008

Bob at entrance

The restaurant looks out on the dock area on the Bay side, and it is interesting to watch the activity there while you eat. The charter fishing boats from Capt. Pips come in and the pelicans fly in to get the fish cleanings.

Favorite Dish: I think I had BBQ - I didn't write it down, and I don't remember. It was $31.38 for the two of us. I didn't like it as well as the Seven Mile Grill which is closer to the bridge.

The second time we went, I ordered a la carte Caesar salad, black beans rice and fried plantains (photo 3), and bbq sandwich. Bob got pork bbq. We each had key lime pie - he had regular and I had fried (photo 2)

The fried Key Lime pie was AWESOME. But Bob likes the regular better. That's a little different than the regular Key Lime pie too. The plantains were good. I thought the meat in the bbq sandwich was in sort of big pieces (middle inset). The service was hit or miss. Our bill with a $6 tip was $42.82.

Next time I had the steak special which was VERY good and tender for $16.95 and there was enough for me to take some home. It came with zuchinni and rice.

Instant Answers: Marathon

Comments

Hotels Near Porky's
4.0 out of 5 stars