The Island Tiki Bar & Resaurant, Marathon

2.5 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

12648 Overseas Highway, Mile Marker 54 Bayside (305)743-4191

Island Tiki Bar & Restaurant
    by tpangelinan
  • The Island Tiki Bar & Resaurant: Feeling Cheated!

by TLG1970 Written Jan 7, 2014

My husband and I came there for diner once a few weeks ago and had a great experience. We ordered the shell lovers pasta. it was DELICIOUS. SO WE WENT BACK A FEW DAYS LATER AND ORDERED THE MOST EXPENSIVE MEAL ON THE MENU WHICH WAS THE SURF N TURF FILET MIGNON AND HALF A LOBSTER TAIL, WITH MASHED POTATOES AND ANOTHER VEG. WHICH IS ON THE MENU AS I JUST STATED BUT WHEN IT CAME THERE WAS NO MASHED POTATOS??? SO ASKED HER WHERE MY POTATOS WERE, AND HER RESPONSE WAS WE CAME TOO EARLY FOR POTATOS IT WAS 3:30 IN THE AFTERNOON SHE SAID THEY ONLY SERVE POTATOS AFTER 4:00 SO WE WERE SERVED NASTY RICE AND THE VEG. MEDLEY NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS NOT HAPPY. SO INSTEAD OF HER COMING BACK TO OUR TABLE TO GIVE US THE BILL SHE SENT SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT. SHE SHOULD HAVE JUST TOLD ME THAT IN FIRST PLACE I WOULD HAVE BEEN OK BUT THAT WAS JUST NOT RIGHT OVERPRICED AND MENU SHOULD STATE THE NO POTATOS TIL AFTER 4:00!!!!!!

• Island Tiki Bar and Restaurant: Poor value for the price

by jpalin Updated May 22, 2011

My husband and I arrived after 7 pm on a Sunday night, we were seated in the sun even though we asked to be seated in the shade, and there were shaded tables available. I ordered the "House Special" BBQ shrimp, for $17.95, when it arrived I had 5 medium to small shrimp on my plate with a large portion of tasteless Chef's rice, and the ever popular steamed "vegetable medley" consisting of broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. My husband ordered the catch of the day, blackened. When it arrived his protion was the size of a deck of cards, with the same rice and veggies. We paid too much, got too little value for the price and left feeling cheated. Our bill was over $90.00 we each had one drink, an appetizer which consisted of 2 lobster egg rolls to share and our main meals. Service wasn't very good, and our waitress didn't even bring our food. Someone from the kitchen delivered it. We will never go back. We don't mind paying top dollar for good food, but this was not good.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

The Island Tiki Bar & Resaurant: A meal with a view!

by tpangelinan Written Jul 18, 2004

Island Tiki Bar & Restaurant

Very nice place to eat and look over the water, drink a beer relax and soak up the island feel of the Florida Keys. The food was good and so was the service, very friendly. This is an out door with a cover kinda resaurant, a little windy the time we went but not a problem because it felt good!

• Luxury Travel