Marco Island Things to Do

Best Rated Things to Do in Marco Island

• lolabunny's Profile Photo

Stan's in Goodland

by lolabunny Written Feb 24, 2003

Stan's in Goodland is out of this world fun. The bar is open on Sundays and starts in the early afternoon (2?) and goes until....whenever! The bar is outside and the atmosphere is just pure good times.

the buzzard lope

by domenicococozza Updated Jul 22, 2007

Get yourself over to the island of Goodland for lunchtime fun and games at Stans Idle Hour
    Chickee Bar. Live music and plenty of beer. Stan might even drag you up on the stage to take part in his Buzzard Lope(you'd have to be there). Packed to the gunnels - people come from all over South West Florida to Stans.
    There's even a fashion parade

Stan Gober and 'friends' the silliest dance on earth the buzzard lope

The Esplanade Shoppes

by cjg1 Updated Apr 16, 2015

My wife and her Mother hit this spot for shopping without me as I wanted to get some work done on my laptop at the condo. We did come back together later in the week to dine at CJ's.

The Esplanade shops have more upscale type boutique stores that my MIl and wife really enjoy. They came back with several bags of merchandise from their shopping excursion.

Sunset Beach Walks

by cjg1 Updated Apr 16, 2015

Sunset Beach Walks are always part of any visit to Marco Island. The sunsets here are quite nice and we enjoy walking the beach when it gets cooler in temperature. The beach is a long stretch for walking which is nice exercise. Our walks usually ended up at Quinn's beach bar for a cocktail before dinner. We usually walk together but I gave my MIL and wife some space during our last trip and let them just enjoy being with each other.

Pool Time

by cjg1 Updated Apr 16, 2015

I love that the pool at my MIL's condo is heated. During our visit we had some windy weather whcih made it seem alot colder than it was. Having a heated pool made going in the pool alot nicer. I enjoyed sitting on a beach chair at the pool relaxing or taking a dip in the pool.

cocktail hour/s

by domenicococozza Written Aug 11, 2007

The hotel resorts along the beac are there to cater to tourists, and they all have their happy hours. It didnt take us residents long to figure out you could move along the strip from one hotel to another and make happy hour last about 3 hours.

bar on the beach(Marriott Hotel)

• domenicococozza's Profile Photo

fishing in the gulf or backwaters

by domenicococozza Written Aug 22, 2007

No trip to Marco Island would be complete without a trip into the gulf for some wreck fishing or (during the season) tarpon fishing inshore. There's plenty of sport to be had in the backwaters too. Charter boats are plentiful and lots of skippers will do part charters. There are even one or two guys offering fly fishing trips into the everglades.(take the mossy spray)

one of many fishing charters the one that didn't get away

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Big Fishin!!!!

by BigBlueOne Updated Feb 10, 2007

Blue Runner Charters is the place to go. Captain Phil is a very good guy and he took very good care of a buddy and myself while we were down there in 2006. I'm going back down in May of this year and I'm hoping to catch him for a full day of shark fishing.

Heavier than it looks...

• Beachcombing for sea shells

by DeeDeForio Updated Jun 13, 2006

Each morning we would go out on the beach at sunrise to look for the shells washed up by waves during the night. We found dozens of conches and hundreds of shells to take home to make decorations for our patio and bathrooms.

• Spa and Resort

• doug48's Profile Photo

fishing

by doug48 Written Nov 18, 2008

the marco river marina is a full service marina offering fishing charters, boat rentals, and a ships store. the place to go on marco island to boat or fish.

marco river marina
    • Sailing and Boating

• doug48's Profile Photo

collier-seminole state park

by doug48 Updated Apr 4, 2011

pictured is a salt marsh ecosystem at collier-seminole state park. near the park entrance on US41 there are a couple of airboat operators where you can book airboat rides.

salt marsh ecosystem
    • Kayaking
    • National/State Park

• senoritamc's Profile Photo

Take a drive

by senoritamc Written Jul 11, 2005

The best time we had was actually a little bit of a drive to Stans. The food was AWESOME and reasonably priced compared to Marco Island. I had the best Butterfly shrimp I have ever had!!

Good times and Good food

• pulgaron's Profile Photo

The beach

by pulgaron Updated Mar 30, 2003

In the picture beach front condominiums from $500,000 to $3,000,000. These can be rented on a weekly or monthly basis. In the foreground someone flying a multiple tail chinese kite.

Beach front condominiums

• Gulf Shore Day Outings

by Foriano Updated Apr 4, 2011

Just outside the floral garden and off the boardwalk at Eagle's Nest, one can choose a variety of beach and ocean adventure activities.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Adventure Travel

Hit the Beach

by cjg1 Updated Apr 16, 2015

Clean sand, nice water, good waves; this is a nice beach. I enjoyed being at this beach; it was never crowded. Sitting back, relaxing with a book or going in the water was very enjoyable here.

Instant Answers: Marco Island

Comments

Marco Island Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Marco Island things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Marco Island sightseeing.