Melbourne Restaurants

rooney's patio
    continental fambe

Most Recent Restaurants in Melbourne

• ckg74's Profile Photo

Alamo Mexican Kitchen: Best Mexican around!

by ckg74 Written Jan 20, 2006

The food is great here! They give you chips & salsa as soon as you sit down and they make yummy house margarita's. It's kid-friendly and the family owned and run.

Favorite Dish: I usually get the beef and cheese rellenos with "pot beans" instead of refried beans. If I'm trying to eat healthier, I get the chicken fajitas. It's all good though.

• ckg74's Profile Photo

Alamo Mexican Kitchen: Best Mexican around!

by ckg74 Written Jan 20, 2006

• ckg74's Profile Photo

Charlie & Jake's Brewery and BBQ: Great Microbrew and Mouth-watering BBQ!

by ckg74 Written Jan 18, 2006

Popular family restaurant and sports bar so may be a little noisy but they have very large, comfy booths and nice wait staff. Although service is not always great.

They have great micro brew's. Indian River Red is one of my favorites. My companion almost always gets the Wickham Wheat. I recommend ordering the sampler home brews to help you decide which one is for you.

Favorite Dish: I've been a regular customer of this place for about a year and have had many favorite's. My latest favorite is the French Dip, thinly sliced smoked beef and melted swiss cheese on a hoagie roll with Au Jus. I often go back to their award winning Pulled Pork BBQ plate or the St. Louis Style Ribs. My favorite side dish is the Fried Sweet Potatoes, which can be ordered "plain", without the cinnamon sugar.

They also offer Fried Pickle Chips as an appetizer, served with creamy horseradish dipping sauce. You've gotta try it!

• Beer Tasting

• Dancer_75's Profile Photo

Italy Italy: Why Do I have to be a Carbaholic???

by Dancer_75 Written Jul 28, 2005

This Italian restaurant may be overlooked because of it's location in the plaza and the "whole in the wall" appearance. Some of the "whole in the wall" places serve the best food! This restaurant is owned by Italians and some of the waitresses are from Italy. They are very pleasant to me and I love the food. Try the tiramisu after dinner!

Favorite Dish: Again...why do I have to be a carbaholic?? Actually, I could eat anything on the menu. There is so much to enjoy! Fettuccini Alfredo is a definite favorite!

• Dancer_75's Profile Photo

A Taste of India: Feelin' Hot Hot Hot!!

by Dancer_75 Written Jul 28, 2005

I love this restaurant! The atmosphere is very pleasant, the food is wonderful and the staff is very friendly. I highly recommend it to anybody who enjoys Indian food!

Favorite Dish: Now, for me, the hotter it is, the better!!! I love anything spicy, lay it on me! I love the Chicken Vindaloo. I also enjoy it with some Indian pan, which is like a frybread to me.

• Dancer_75's Profile Photo

Cracker Barrel: Eat My Grits!

by Dancer_75 Updated Jul 28, 2005

Okay everybody, here is the list!

Country Cookin' :
    Cracker Barrel
    8400 N.Wickham Road
    credit cards accepted

Country style setting with a gift store. Great country food throughout the day. Their breakfasts are supurb!

Favorite Dish: I absolutely love pancakes! They melt in your mouth! A great way to start the day!

• Dancer_75's Profile Photo

Niki's Rainbow Diner: My Big, Fat, Greek Family Diner!

by Dancer_75 Written Jul 28, 2005

This is a Greek run, family diner. I always take the food to go and I have never been disappointed. It's not what I call fancy by any means, but really good diner food. I would check it out.

Favorite Dish: As I mentioned, I usually take my food to go, but I always go for the pastitsio. That is my ultimate favorite Greek dish!

• Dancer_75's Profile Photo

Ocean View Diner: An Atlantic View!

by Dancer_75 Written Jul 28, 2005

Okay, this is an interesting diner. They relocated after last year's hurricanes. The diner is smaller, but they are rebuilding. I honestly enjoyed the food every time I went and they were good portions. I have always received good service and sometimes the locals are intertaining, along with the cats, who wait outside for your scraps. However, the view is wonderful! If you don't go to eat a full meal, it is nice for coffee and baklava, just for the view of the ocean!

Favorite Dish: I always enjoy the gyro platter. Sometimes if I save room, I go for the baklava....I am such a bad girl! ;)

• Beaches

• Dancer_75's Profile Photo

Islamorada Restaurant: Havana's taste of heaven!

by Dancer_75 Updated Jul 28, 2005

This is by far the best cuban food! Antonio Pinero is the chef and owns the restaurant. He takes great pride in all the dishes he prepares. Try some cafe cubano and coconut flan to finish off a great meal!

Favorite Dish: Wow, that is a tough decision! I love picadillio with plantanos maduros! As I mentioned above, try the coconut flan and the cafe cubano. You will love it!

• Dancer_75's Profile Photo

Bet you didn't think Melbourne had this much! ;): Just a few more to mention.....

by Dancer_75 Written Jul 25, 2005

National/International chains:
    Hooters
    877 S.Babcock St
    321-725-7409
    credit cards accepted $10USD PP
    www.hooters.com

Hooters, hooters, hooters LOL. My husband says he goes for the wings, yeah right LOL! Anybody who knows Hooters, knows what people come here for...should I say the ambiance? If you haven't been there, before, you will see, but hey, the wings are good from what I hear.

TGIF
    2000 Evans Rd
    321-723-8443
    credit cards accepted $5-15USD PP
    www.tgifridays.com

Known throughout the world. The walls have knick knacks of yester-years on the walls and the waitresses/waiters wear suspenders with all kinds of pins on them. It is a variety of sanwiches, entress, drinks, etc.

• Dancer_75's Profile Photo

Some familiar names and not so familiar names...: Now, for all of you less adventurous....

by Dancer_75 Updated Jul 25, 2005

Soups and Sandwiches:
    Aloha Eatery
    260 N.Wickham Road
    321-751-0999
    credit cards accepted $10.00USD PP

I love the restaurant. It has hawaiian decor and the food is really good! The owners are so delightful and pleasant to visit! They are open for breakfast and lunch. If they have coconut cream pie, definitely try a piece or take it to go!

Atlanta Bread Company
    3696 N.Wickham Road
    242-8655
    www.atlantabreadcompany.com

It is a chain, but none the less, very nice. Try the chicken pesto panini. Great place to grab a sandwich.

Panera
    4100 N.Wickham Road
    321-259-2055
    www.panera.com

Very similar to the one above. Very nice pasteries and bagels. The sandwiches and salads are very nice and the atmosphere is nice to wind down to, for a lunch hour, during a hectic work day.

Pizza:
    Bizzaro
    4 Wave Crest Ave
    Indialantic, FL
    321-724-4799
    credit cards accepted $5-10USD PP

Here's the thing...Service not so great. Like the soup nazi from Seinfeld LOL. You are in a line, and they take your order...but..they pizza is like NY, and that is hard to find. Everybody knows NY pizza is the best! I just smile, give my order and enjoy my pizza.

Pizza Hut
    3214 Lake Washington Rd
    321-253-0700
    credit cards accepted $10+USD
    www.pizzahut.com

International chain, recognized by most. This can be found in different locations across Melbourne, so call or go on the site and you will find a good location for you.

UNO Chicago Grill
    8260 N.Wickham Road
    321-255-1400
    www.unochicagogrill.com

Best deep dish pizza! Like Chicago!

Italian:
    Carrabbas
    7620 N.Wickham Road
    321-253-0991
    www.carrabbas.com

An Italian restaurant chain that still tries to maintain it's traditional cooking, verses the standard American way. The bread is very nice to start out your meal.

Favorite Dish: Olive Garden
    2508 New Haven
    321-722-2204
    www.olivegarden.com

Okay, okay...this is the American version of Italian food. Like I said, it is for those who like to stay safe with what they know.

Steakhouses:
    Texas Roadhouse
    425 E Eau Gallie Blvd
    Indian Harbour Beach, FL
    321-773-3220
    www.texasroadhouse.com

This steakhouse is very good if you enjoy a good steak. What I love most about this one is the rolls that come out before your food. They melt in your mouth and are served with cinnamon butter. You should order a bakers dozen before you leave!

Roadhouse Grill
    1700 Evans Road
    321-728-1023
    www.roadhousegrill.com

This is very familiar to the one above. What most people like about this restaurant is all the peanut shells on the floor. You can eat peanuts from a barrel and leave the shells on the floor. You can also watch the cooks prepare the meat. The rolls are also delicious here, along with a messy sundea after dinner if you have room.

Outback Steakhouse
    4651 NE Babcock Rd
    321-722-0903
    www.outbacksteakhouse.com

This is a well known, again, American version of Australia grilling. It is a chain all over the country. I really enjoy the ceasar salad and the Alice Springs Chicken, which I alter. Good steaks for you carnivores.

National/International chains:

321-757-9449
    credit cards accepted $5-15USD PP
    www.chilis.com

• Dancer_75's Profile Photo

Melbourne's Restaurants: Okay, I am going to be honest with you....

by Dancer_75 Written Jul 25, 2005

I, myself can appreciate all kinds of local, and world cuisine. Melbourne has it all! There are an abundance of many restaurants to suit any local or traveler's taste. I feel obligated to tell you the restaurants which I would not suggest, but it would be degrading and most likely against the wishes of Virtual Tourist. So I will be honest with you and give you a variety that will help you during your visit.

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo

Bella's: THE best Italian Food South of Little Italy!!!

by jadedmuse Updated Mar 18, 2005

Frank, outside newly renovated Bella's restaurant

Although I find Bella's to be a bit overpriced, I'm willing to pay it because it is the ONLY Italian restaurant in Melbourne (possibly Brevard County) worthy of a visit.

And not only that - but the food is absolutely delicious, and 100% Italian. Just ask Frank, the head chef and owner - or his wife Bella. They originally hail from New York City. For those of you who don't get it, that's AUTHENTIC.

I won't list a favorite dish here because they're all great - but I do recommend including a "Bella's Salad" (either the regular size or "baby" size) because it's full of lovely red onions, roasted red peppers, artichokes, olives and the best part - chunks of delicious, pungent Gorgonzola cheese. I'm salivating just thinking about it....

Full liquor bar and home made cannolis, too.

• manuelEB's Profile Photo

The Cove: Shrimps were ok

by manuelEB Updated Feb 11, 2005

If I do recall well, this place was called Guilligan's Island or Guilligan's Cove or Guiligan's Whatever. The whole Satellite Beach Zone seems to be a TV Show, judging fomr the "I dream of Jeannie" in Cocoa Beach and "The Twilight Zone" in my secret place.
    Thing is.. that I have been trying to come to this place for years and guess what... I made it to on January 19,2005. Glass of California Chardonnay, Tuna "sashimi"(hehe!) as appetizer and a delicious dish called "Shrimps a la Mediterranean" (???). It was great!
    I do recommend it. But, hey, There are not shrimps in the Mediterranean (an italian collegue said!!!).
    The nice thing with this restaurant is that is always full with locals , which garantee that sea food is fresh. At least in my theoretical model.

Favorite Dish: Shrimps a la Mediterranean (???)

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Conchy Joe's: Oleanders Hotel

by grandmaR Written Jan 23, 2005
    Inside dining room

I had decided I wanted to eat at Conchy Joes, which is in the old Oleander's Hotel, and which we never got to when we were at the SSCA meetings in 1999. They are only open for lunch until 2:30 in the afternoon and Bob thought we would not make it. We overshot the Eau Gallie causeway and turned on 192 instead and couldn't find them there. I finally called them to find out where they were. We finally got there a little before 2.

Favorite Dish: I had the special which was a fried chicken club wrap with one side (I picked mango glazed plantains) for $8.95, and Bob had a very unadventurous hamburger, even if it was the 'works' burger for $6.00. The total bill was a bit over $17.00. I could not finish my wrap (the bacon was a bit like cardboard) and wrapped it up to take home

• Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Melbourne

Comments

Melbourne Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Melbourne restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Melbourne sightseeing.