American, Miami

by TravellerMel
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rock Cafe

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 29, 2013

I was doing a bit of shopping at the Bayside Marketplace with my daughter, girlfriend and her children, so we decided to stop in here to grab a bit to eat.

Just like any other Hard Rock Cafe, this one has plenty of Rock music memoriabilia to keep anyone busy checking out while you wait for your table. The cafe is quite large and has a downstairs as well as an outdoor dining area. There is a shop as well with some really great t-shirts and other items for those that collect such things.

The menu is quite extensive with the usual burgers, sandwiches, salads, nachos, pasta, wings, fajitas, steak, fish and chips, and a variety of other items. They have a nice children's menu as well.

We waited about 20 minutes for a table that would seat 7 in doors as it was super hot out. We were seated, handed menus and a drink order was taken. We were all quite hungry so we ordered a few appetizers to share while we decided on our entrees.

The kids gravitated towards the burgers, while my girlfriend had chicken fajitas and I had a house salad.

Overall, service was good and everyone enjoyed their meals. I had a salad, nothing to write about :) Prices are a little above average, but what do you expect?

Hours are 11 am-12 am daily.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Brother Jimmy's BBQ: My husband's Namesake

by DEBBBEDB Written Oct 13, 2012

This is a new branch of a NYC BBQ place which also has a couple of Caribbean locations. They have reasonable price drinks and meals and you can order on-line.

Favorite Dish: BJ's BBQ Burger $10.75
    Brunswick Stew $5.75
    Brother Jimmy's BBQ Chili $6.25
    Blackened Chicken $16.95
    BBQ Grilled Chicken Sandwich $10.25
    Po' Boys $11.75

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Burgers & Shakes: Burgers & Shakes - the Name Says it All!

by TravellerMel Written Mar 23, 2012

Small restaurant with limited menu - but cheap and tasty if you are hanging out at Miami Beach. We each had an Angus Beef Hot Dog ($3.59 each) and a soda, and were quite satisfied. This is not a short hot dog like you'd buy in the store - these were long, sliced in half length-wise, and grilled - very yummy! Someone in front of us ordered a chocolate shake and it looked very good too.

Buffalo Wild Wings: Buffalo Wild Wings for Sports at Dolphin Mall

by TravellerMel Written Mar 21, 2012

One location of the restaurant chain - we came to watch the Nashville Predators hockey game on St. Patrick's Day. The restaurant in located in the Dolphin Mall, which was PACKED for St. Pat's. DJ music was painfully loud in the mall, but once we were inside BWW, it was better - who would think you'd have to go into a sports bar to hear yourself think?? The staff was great and positioned us by a tv which they switched over to the hockey game, but without the sound (the other patrons were watching soccer and a boxing/MMA bout). BWW is a great place to watch a sporting event - we have gone to many of them!

Favorite Dish: Love the wings - we get the boneless wings with the Honey BBQ sauce - so good! I also like the hot pretzels - you get three of them - as an appetizer. The staff is usually on the ball with keeping drinks refilled.

Hard Rock Cafe Miami: Harbor Dining & Rock-n-Roll

by TravellerMel Updated Mar 7, 2011
    Hard Rock Cafe Miami

I love the Hard Rock Cafe - I collect the pins, I like to food, I LOVE the memorabilia. So anytime we are within a reasonable proximity to a Hard Rock Cafe, I make it a point to go - Miami is no exception.

Favorite Dish: Some of the HRC's are partnering with chefs for special local menu items. I tried the Eggplant Stack, with fried eggplant, gorgonzola cheese, fresh tomatoes, arugula, drizzled in a balsamic vinaigrette reduction - OMG soooo good! My fiance had the pulled pork sandwich, which is usually very good. He enjoyed it - from the taste I had, I thought it needed more sauce. We ended the meal with a "dessert bite" - mini versions of their famous desserts. I had the chocolate mousse, which was wonderful! And a bargain at $2.99, as there was enough for both of us!

• mafootje's Profile Photo

Gameworks: Or play.....

by mafootje Updated Aug 26, 2007

Gameworks

Gameworks can be seen as a very large arcade where you can drink, eat and play.

At this location they also are the official place to watch the Gators.

We have been here now for two times to get lunch, it wasn't very crowded both occasions but the food was good and the service was also very friendly.

At Gameworks you can eat lunch and dinner which varies from pizza's, chicken, steaks to salads and deserts For gaming you can buy time in which you can play the machines unlimited during that periode.

When you done eating you can shop or go to the movies, because this one is located in the Shop's at Sunset place.

Favorite Dish: I have eaten both a burger and a pizza here, the where well cooked so if you got more time then just to visit a Fast Food restaurant you can eat here. And maybe afterwards play a game or two...

Picture taken december 13, 2004

Hard Rock: Next to Miamarina

by grandmaR Updated Mar 7, 2007

Revolving Guitar on the Roof

After the 22 hour trip out in the Atlantic from Ft. Pierce to Miami, we had fallen asleep at anchor for a couple of hours. Then I made a reservation at Miamarina. (I kept trying to make it Miami marina), went and got fuel and tied up to the dock. Then we went back to bed.

We roused ourselves about dinner time and looked around. The Hard Rock was the first place we saw, and I had a AAA coupon for it!!!

We were not in the mood for anything that required any effort to get to or to decide what to eat.

I had previously been to one Hard Rock in Atlanta, but Bob had not been. He's not much of a rock music person.

The lower levels of the building are pretty much deserted. The upper levels sometimes have partiers.

Dinner for the two of us on December 12, 2001 with the coupon was $35.95. We ate there again on the following trip.

Favorite Dish: Hours: Restaurant:
    Mon-Thurs 11:30 a.m.-11:00 p.m.
    Fri-Sat 11:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m.
    Sun 11:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.
    Merchandise: Mon-Sun 10:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.

There is parking for cars in the Bayside parking garage or by valet.

You can get there by bus, and you can also come to the Bayside complex by boat and tie up to the pier.

Opening Date:
    September 21, 1993

• TRimer's Profile Photo

WISH: Memorable Dining Experience

by TRimer Updated Jun 16, 2006

Diners on the Pool Deck of the Hotel

I have now eaten at WISH three times, and each time the food just gets better and better. We had an executive dinner here in May. Five minutes before the dinner (which was supposed to be on the private patio area), it started to rain buckets. The catering manager- Joe Weis- and his staff really worked to make the best of the situation and seat our party of 80 people quickly. Everyone raved about the food and the service.

Favorite Dish: Under the direction of award-winning Executive Chef Michael Bloise, Wish presents a menu of classic American cooking highlighted with contemporary Asian cuisine.

I started (the last 2 times) with the roaring forties salad which is made with blue cheese, gala apples, wercress, walnuts, and fig jam vinaigrette. Then I had the cardamon grilled beef tenderloin with roasted calabaza, feta cheese, and spinach with black pepper demi glaze. Absolutely yummy.

Be sure to try one of the wonderful martinis. They serve them with a flashing colored (to match your drink) ice cube.

• balisunshine's Profile Photo

Shorty's: The Finger Linkin' Good Icon

by balisunshine Written Jul 13, 2005

Yummy yummy Ribs!!!

Since my childhood,
    Shorty's has been an all time favorite,
    for BBQ ribs, coleslaw, French Fries
    and the best corn on the cob in the world!!

Definately not for followers of the
    South Beach Diet...
    but rather for the followers of
    real good home cooking.

Open since 1951 in the Kendall area,
    this place has even burned down!

But luckily enough
    for its faithful patrons,
    that didn't stop Shorty's.

Since then they have opened in 2 other
    locations in the Miami area,
    and now provide catering.
    A great idea for the football Sundays.

Favorite Dish: Their corn on the cob

Read about Shorty's

Le Café: Bayside Marketplace Restaurant

by grandmaR Updated Nov 2, 2004

Bayside at night

On December 17, 2001 we ate at Bayside again, this time at Le Cafe and the meal cost $46.72 for the two of us. It was nice eating on the water looking at what all the boats and people were doing.

Favorite Dish: Menu from their webpage. I did not write down what we ate.

Entrees
    Served with garden salad & your choice of rice, parsley potatoes, french fries and vegtables
    Catch Of The Day $12.95
    Grilled or blackened. Ask your server for today's catch
    New York Strip Steak $11.95
    8oz $11.95
    12oz $15.95
    Chicken Meuniere $10.95
    Grilled skinless boneless breast with lemon, butter & parsley sauce
    Side Orders

Spaghetti $2.95
    Tomato sauce & bread
    Sandwiches

Hamburger $3.95
    Served with french fries & pickles
    Add cheese $0.50
    Veggie Burger $5.50
    Served wtih green salad & pickles
    Ham & French Criossant $5.95
    Hormel ham with melted swiss cheese on a flaky croissant served with french fries
    White Tuna or Chicken Salad $5.95
    With french fries
    Mahi Mahi $7.95
    Served in burger bun with french fries
    Grilled Chicken $6.95
    Char-grilled chicken skinless breast topped with swiss cheese. French fries
    New York Strip Steak $7.95
    Served on a french baquette. French fries
    Turkey $5.95
    Served on a french baquette. French fries
    Cheese $3.95
    Swiss or american served on french baquette or white bread
    Desserts

French Pastries $2.95

Denny's: Middle of the Road Food - Anytime

by grandmaR Written Aug 24, 2004

Dessert menu

Denny's has more that 1700 restaurants across the US. They made their name by never being closed, and allowing breakfast, lunch or dinner to be ordered at any time of the day or night. I think they are now closed on Christmas

Favorite Dish: Our bill for lunch was $18.20 including tip.

We had lunch there, and I got brocolli cheese soup and Bob had a club sandwich. The bill came to $15.20 including FL's 7.5% tax without the tip for lunch.

The food is basically plain middle of the road food - nothing really fancy. They have good desserts

• mafootje's Profile Photo

American: Hard Rock Caf? Miami

by mafootje Written Aug 4, 2004

Interior of HRC Miami

Here you can get salads, sandwiches, burgers, smokehouse and more.

The menu isn't that big but the atmosfere of all the memorabilias makes it's worth eating here.

This restaurant is located at the entrance of the Miami Harbor near AAArena and a shopping center Bayside. It usually isn't that crowded.

There's a 60-foot rotating neon guitar on the roof, which makes it easy to find.

Food in the restaurant is of a constant quality so are the servers, in opposite to the Key West location we never had a bad experience here.

Favorite Dish: I just like the sizzling fajitas to roll how i like them.

Picture taken december 2003

Chili's Bayside: New at Bayside

by grandmaR Written Mar 29, 2004

Collage of food and interior

We walked up to Bayside from the boat to get dinner - first we tried the Hard Rock, but they said there would be a 20 minute wait. So we walked around to the other side of the mall and went to this Chili's which was new this year.

It is really noisy in there, but we were seated quickly. The tables have Mexican tiles set in the middle. There were TVs around, mostly set to ESPN stations, and for once, they had captions on them so you could read what was going on - you certainly couldn't HEAR it.

Our dinners were a long time coming. First they brought us the wrong ones, and I noticed that they also brought the people at the next table the wrong one twice. It might have been because it was still a new place.

Favorite Dish: Bob got a full rack of ribs with cinnamon apple side, and I got a half rack with corn on the cob, cinnamon apple, rice and chicken. It was very good but I had to bring most of my ribs back to the boat. (They were a bit too chewy for my taste.) I drank lemonade and Bob drank water. The total bill was $37.63.

Note: Most of the restaurants at Bayside add a 15% gratuity on automatically. I don't know if Chili's elsewhere do this or not. In any case, the bill comes PLAINLY labeled Tip, with a line underneath for Additional Tip.

Bennigan's #1007: American's Irish

by grandmaR Updated Mar 29, 2004

Sign and food collage

While we were in Miami, we stopped for lunch at a shopping center and ate at Bennigan's. We again stopped for dinner in March 2004

Favorite Dish: I had the half sandwich/cup of soup selection, and I picked a corned beef sandwich and broccoli cheese soup. I had the Apple Sizzler ($3.99) for desert.

For lunch, Bob had the American burger. The burger and my sandwich/soup were both $6.29 each and we both drank iced tea.

Our total bill was $21.66

For dinner the bill was $34.22 including tip.
    Bob had iced tea and I had lemonade $1.89 each with free refills.
    Bob had the Caribe crab cakes appetizer $7.99 as a main course and took half of it back to the boat. I had baked potato soup (pictured - it had cheese and bacon on the top) for $2.99 and Chicken quesadilla appetizer (also pictured) for $7.89. I took half of that back to the boat too.
    We shared an Apple sizzler $4.39

• laosa13's Profile Photo

Big Pink: Good Food, Large Portions

by laosa13 Updated Feb 17, 2004

Pink Big is an institution in South Beach, Miami. The atmosphere is relaxed and the menu is extensive. The portions are large, mostly focused on a wide variety of salads and sandwiches. American, Diner style!

Instant Answers: Miami