Bakery, Miami

by spartan
  • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Clos Bistro & Cafe: Breakfast in Downtown

by GracesTrips Updated May 4, 2015

Depending on the hotel you may be staying at, dining there could get pricey. At the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown it's not cheap. So, venturing out to have breakfast would save me a few bucks. Literally, across the street is Clos Bistro & Cafe. I enjoyed a quiche with salad and a cup of latte for under $8. The slice of quiche is huge (in my opinion) so I asked for 1/2 a slice. The cafe must be open through the evening because they also sold wine. The coffee was very good and the quiche was so so. I have had better but it wasn't bad. Next time, I may try something else. They had a variety of pastries, a scrambled egg special and empanadas.

• spartan's Profile Photo

Karla's Bakery: Definitely try the empanadas

by spartan Written Jan 29, 2015

One of the things we wanted to try when visiting Miami were freshly made Cuban coffee and empanadas. We asked for a recommendation from the folks at the front desk and they highly suggested that we try Karla's Bakery. One thing that they didn't tell us was that none of the employees spoke English (at least when we were there), so i tried my best Spanish and when we needed assistance, other customers jumped in to rescue us.

Favorite Dish: We ordered two Argentinian Pork Empanadas/Empanada Argentina de Lechón along with two
    Guava Pastry/Pastel de Guayaba. Umm, umm, umm...so delicious!!!

• Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo

La Provence Artisanal French Bakery and Café: Pancakes and Coffee

by Chinggis_n_Borte Updated Jan 24, 2015

One morning we had a lovely breakfast at La Provence Artisanal French Bakery and Café at 2200 Biscayne Boulevarde. We ordered pancakes with fruit and maple syrup, and coffees.

The ambience in the café was nice. It was very busy. As the weather was good, we sat at an outside table.

They are at numerous other locations in Miami such as 433 W. 41st Street, Miami Beach, 1064 Brickell Avenue, and 2300 Ponce de Leon, Coral Gables.

They open at 7am, 7 days per week.

Favorite Dish: The pancakes with fruit and maple syrup were lovely.

pancakes with syrup and fruit

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

italian coffee in Ocean Drive: Pinocchio

by call_me_rhia Written Mar 6, 2009

Pinocchio is a tiny but good coffee place run by a family from Tuscany right on Ocean Drive. it's a cosy rather than a trendy place - and it's named after Collodi's "Pinocchio"... which by the way every small kid should read. You can find extracts (in Italian) written on the cafe walls.

Favorite Dish: We had just an espresso coffee and a really good brownie - but the place also serves delicious sandwiches, salads, bruschettes, pizzas, and other italian specialities.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

mattarello italian bakery: more than a bakery...

by call_me_rhia Written Mar 6, 2009

A small dark hole-in-the-wall bakers that you might miss (or dismiss) but which served delicious italian croissants, capuccinos, sandwiches and deli-food. What you'll get is true home-made food, not your usual industrial surrogate.

Favorite Dish: Owned by the italian Massimiliano Guerri - a Miami resident for over a decade - serves heavenly chocolate and cream croissants... the sort of yummy stuff that's hard to find in italy these days. As for sandwiches, try the "schiacciata": really good.

• The French Bakery: Best bakery in Miami

by sffoodie Written Aug 12, 2006

This shop makes me feel like I'm in Paris! The atmosphere is so quaint, it is a site to behold!! The cakes are a pleasure to the eyes and the taste buds. When we have ordered special cakes, the chefs make each one more amazing than the last. My favorite is the apricot tart. My husband is partial to the chocolate mousse. Or, maybe we like the individual desserts the best, it's hard to choose.
    Great salads, inventive sandwiches, and excellent soups.
    If you haven't tried this bakery, you are missing out. It is the best we have found. My husband is a pretty picky man. At The French Bakery he never fails to find something he loves.

Favorite Dish: Apricot tart with crusty almonds is sublime so is the chocolate mousse not too sweet perfect in texture.

• Wine Tasting

• Homanded's Profile Photo

Bakery: Cuban Patries for breakfast

by Homanded Written Aug 4, 2006

Any Latin American restaurant, Cuban bakery and even some food spots such as 7-11, Foodspot, etc.

Best of all, it is usually the cheapest way to breakfast! - Though fatning - Oh hell, you're on vacation!

Favorite Dish: If you're wanting a Cuban style breakfast you must try the traditional "Pastelitos" (Pahs - Teh - Lee - Toes) and Cafe con Leche. -
    Pastelitos are flaky pastries filled with either meat or fruit jams/cheese or a combination thereof.
    Most popular are the ground beef pastelitos which is a small helping of Picadillo (see Cuban Food tips) or Chicken.
    They are often accompanied by a sweet "Pastelito de Guayaba" (Guava fruit filled pastry), Guayaba con queso (Guava and cream cheese) and my personal favorite, "Pastelito de CoCo", warm coconut filled pastry.
    All of this is washed down with the traditional Cafe Con Leche which is frothy hot milk with a shot of expresso!
    Another cuban breakfast staple are Cuban Tostadas: Cuban bread which is buttered / wrapped in paper and toasted on an Iron press which results in a wonderfully hot, moist on the inside, crunchy on the outside piece of toast that can be dipped into the Cafe con Leche and enjoyed before your obligatory sweet fruit pastry.
    Cubans are big into mixing flavors so, sweet and salty are good accompanyments meant to be enjoyed together.

Instant Answers: Miami