Places to eat in Miami

Most Viewed Restaurants in Miami

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Genghis Grill: Built Your Own Stirfry

by grandmaR Written Feb 15, 2013

.A group of 12 of us went down to Pembroke Pines to dinner at the Genghis Grill (build your own stir fry). You get a size bowl, and go along the buffet line taking meat and vegetables that you want in your stir fry. You put on the slip that goes with the meal the kind of starch that you want with it. I had tortilas on mine and they came in a foil package. My daughter didn't think I was taking enough meat so she took my bowl and added more, including pepperoni which I don't care for, so I only ate one of them. Some of the men would take something like snow peas or bamboo shoots and make a little picket fence around the edge of the bowl so they could get more things in without it spilling over. My daughter had a rewards card that she had filled out.

Favorite Dish: Five steps: with some examples of things you might choose:
    1 - Protein with things like Fish, Marinated Steak, Scallops, Chicken, Pepperoni, Shrimp, Ham, Pork, Sliced beef, Khans Krab, Sausage, Turkey or Calamari
    2 - Seasonings - pepper, garlic and herbs
    3 - Veggies - Eggs, Onions, Baby Corn, Pico de Gallo, Bamboo shoots, Peppers, Pineapples, Bean Sprouts, Green Beans, Potatoes, Bok Choy, Green Onions, Snap Peas, Broccoli, Jalapenos, Spinach, Cabbage, Mandarin Oranges, Squash & Zucchini, Carrots, Tofu, Celery, Tomatoes, Cilantro, Mushrooms, Water Chestnuts
    4 - Sauces - Teriyaki Sauce. Tomato Sauce, Chili Garlic Sauce, Khan Pao Sauce, Sweet N Sour Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Honey Soy Sauce, or Red Curry Peanut Sauce *
    5 - Starch - Brown Rice, Spiral Pasta, Tortillas, Fried Rice, Steamed Rice and Udon Noodles

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Scully's Tavern: Awesome Food in a Bar?!

by cjg1 Updated Dec 15, 2012

We had seen Scully's featured on the Food Network Show, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. The show showcased the gourmet food such as escargot being prepared by a classically trained chef in a local Florida Bar. So we were going to Florida anyway and decided to check it out for ourselves.

The place is located in a strip mall, blink and you might miss it. Inside there is a bar area with lots of seating as well as a back room with booths. The staff was extremely friendly; the waitress and bartender treated us like we were locals. We were not the only first timers in the place and had over heard others conversations about seeing the place featured on Food Network.

The food here was incredible and so delicious. We enjoyed the food here so much we ate here twice during our trip. I would recommend anyone visiting the area to stop at Scully's for some incredible food.

Favorite Dish: Our two visits to Scully's allowed us to sample a variety of food from their menu such as: the Incrusted Dolphin Sandwich, Scully's Nachos, Scampi Chicken Wings, Fried Calamari and the escargot. The Dolphin Sandwich is a filet incrusted with seasonings and potato chips then fried. It was so good. The Scully's Nachos were made with freshly made tortilla chips and piled high with beans, salsa, guacamole, onions and cheese. The scampi wings were unreal, the garlic butter flavor was so delicious. The calamari was fried and dipped in a scampi butter with parmesean cheese which gave it such a good and cheesy flavor. The escargot were cooked in a garlic butter sauce, served in mushroom caps and baked with provolone cheese on top. The escargot came in a serving of six with garlic bread on the side.

Everything was delicious and incredible. I especially loved the Scampi Wings....it was such a unique flavor. Liz loved the escargot so much she had two servings back to back. We ordered some unsweetened ice teas to wash down the fabulous food....the waitress even left a full picture of tea at the table for us.

I enjoy meals at nice local places such as Scully's. There is nothing better that great food at inexpensive prices served by friendly people. We really enjoyed our time here and were made to feel welcome.

Morgans Restaurant: Conducive Atmsophere, Good Service in Wynwood

by cochinjew Written Oct 17, 2012

It is situated in the up and coming, being gentrified suburb of Wynwood, now teeming with galleries etc quite close to the design district.
    an old miami home is converted into a restaurant with old trees in the yard.
    open air dining and relaxing ambience

Favorite Dish: Blackened Grouper (fish of the day) sandwich with salad.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Bin No. 18: Great Food, Great Prices!

by GracesTrips Written Jul 23, 2012

We didn't have a car. We rode the metromover towards Omni station and exited the Adrienne Arsht Center. We continued north on Biscayne for 3 blocks and the restaurant is on the west side of the road. The decor is a little stark but with crystal chandeliers makes it look eclectic. There were 3 of us so we shared two appetizers (the lamb feta meatballs and warm fig brule) that were excellent. Entrees we ordered were scallops, Fagottini di pere and Bolognese with rigatoni. Even though the scallops were delicious, my boyfriend's pasta dish was the best, the Fagottini! What a great meal!

This was an upscale, gourmet menu with very reasonable prices for what you get. I also liked that you had some options from a small to large portion entree. I think more restaurants should offer that.

Personal wines are welcome but there is a corkage fee. They didn't charge us corkage on our visit.

Latin American Bayside Cafe: Great Cuban Food in Unexpected Place

by GracesTrips Written Jul 18, 2012

I think eating Cuban food is synonymous with Miami. You probably want to take in the entire ambience by going to Little Havana (Habana). However, on this day we could only dine somewhere nearby our hotel in downtown Miami. So, we went to the Bayside Market Place and found this little restaurant. What a surprise! The food was very tasty and plentiful. I ordered a shrimp cocktail because I wasn't too hungry at the time. Pet peeve about shrimp is that it should be properly cleaned. And, this was! So, I thoroughly enjoyed it. My boyfriend ordered a traditional Cuban pork dish with yucca, plantains, rice & beans. The meat was delicious and it was so much food, he couldn't eat it all. So, I had some and it was really good. The rice and beans were great, the yucca was creamy and very rich. Highly recommended if you are in the area!

Panorama Restaurant at Bayfront Hotel: Peruvian Food Located in Coconut Grove

by GracesTrips Updated Jul 17, 2012

The restaurant is located on the 8th floor of the Sonesta Bayfront Hotel with panoramic views. It's a small dining room, very cozy. We started our meal with fish ceviche with lime juice, baby cilantro, some unidentifiable bean almost hominy like. We brought a bottle of wine with us. The restaurant told us on the phone the corkage was $25 but on the bill they charged us $15. For our entrees we ordered the roast pork in cilantro sauce served with white rice and beans. I asked if they could switch out the white rice for the fried rice which was listed on the menu a la carte. They did and I'm so glad I got the fried rice. The entire meal was absolutely delicious. The fried rice (Peruvian style) had an Asian flair with a twist. I think it was because they added cumin and it was very tasty. The cilantro sauce was not over powering but I do like cilantro so that was my opinion. My boyfriend doesn't like cilantro and he thought it was still very strong tasting. He ordered the hanger steak that you can tell was well marinated with a sunny side up egg. Served with tostones and what appeared to be hash brown like potatoes. The potatoes were different and we then weren't sure if it could be rice. It was all very good. I'm so glad we dined at this restaurant. The view while enjoying our meal was sooo beautiful! All the reviews were good and that was how I based my choice. It did not disappoint!

It was worth the $40 ($20 each way) taxi drive from downtown Miami to Coconut Grove which is about 6 miles south. Coconut Grove also has a very quaint shopping area that you should check out.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Shrimp!

by GracesTrips Updated Jul 16, 2012

I will venture to say if you have eaten at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company then my guess is that they are all pretty much the same. I did not eat at this particular one but I do know people like them. I have dined at a few and it's okay. It's great with kids because they do like it. This one is located in Bayside Market Place. Lots to see and check out. Thought it was worth writing the tip. I will not write a tip on the local McDonald's which I don't usually eat at but they do make a pretty good fish filet.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

La Provence Bakery: Bakery, Amazing Pastries, Good Latte!

by GracesTrips Written Jul 16, 2012

My first full day in Miami and I venture out on my own. It's early, about 9:30am or so and would like to get a bite to eat, sit, relax and do some reading. I found this great bakery on Flagler Street. There is quite a bit to order besides pastries. They had quiche and sandwiches, too! I wanted to try more than one item so I ordered the chicken empanada, raspberry tart and a small latte. Totals comes to about $11. The empanada was so-so. Good spices but the crust was on the dry side, not fried but baked and warmed up in an oven. The raspberry tart was fantastic! The raspberries were very fresh and flavorful. The custard on the tart creamy and not too sweet. Crust was just enough and not too much. The latte was also very good. I may go back again one morning to try the quiche. We'll see.

Khoury's: Neighbourhood Lebanese Food

by cochinjew Written Jun 21, 2012

I was leaving the next day from Miami, so a meal good for my tummy was in order. what else but Middle Eastern, going back to the roots so to speak.. My sister chose KHOURYs in South Miami and it was a good choice.
    situated in a quiet street off the main st of South Miami, Khoury's serves good Lebanese meal, homecooked lebanese meal.

Favorite Dish: Chanklich which came with the goat cheese in a ball cut open, unlike the chanklich in paris where it is more like a salad
    kebab mixed chicken lamb kofta

custard with rose water

i chose a glass of malbec from our southern cousins..

quiet good place to talk and nice friendly evening

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Mango's Tropical Cafe: Looks Like a Lively Spot!

by GracesTrips Written May 25, 2012

We will be enjoying an evening out at this restaurant when we go to Miami in July. I don't know what my expectation will be for the food as we are attending a conference venue and an extremely large group will be going. I think it will be more about the ambience. Hoping to walk around South Beach before and after dinner.

I will post pics and tips soon after my trip!

Maroush Restaurant in Coral Gables: The best Lebanese Food in Town

by cochinjew Written Sep 25, 2011

Samir the gracious host greets you on arrival and we settle in for a nice meal. this one was no different from other times
    excellent, exclaims the three other members of the party all of whom are of jamaican-lebanese extraction.
    good service
    good ambience

Favorite Dish: When I go there with my sister I let her order since she orders for the whole table. from the photo you can see the various dishes
    hummus
    taboule
    raw kibbeh
    chicken wings
    salad
    pita
    meat plate with grilled meat

• doug48's Profile Photo

shorty's: bar-b-que

by doug48 Updated Sep 12, 2011

shorty's bar-b-que has been a south miami institution since 1951. i first visited shorty's in the late 1960's when the restaurant was still in the country. over the years it has been surrounded by high rise buildings of the greater miami urban sprawl. very good georgia style bar-b-que moderately priced. today shorty's has five locations in the miami area.

• Beaches
    • Architecture

• Homanded's Profile Photo

Khoury's Mediterranean Restaurant: Best Mediterranean restaurant in Miami

by Homanded Written Jul 20, 2011

We had dinner here last night (July 19th -- 2011) and are now hooked being from Miami.
    Had never eaten here but will return again and again.
    Not pricey at all for the quality of food and service.

Waitress treated us like long lost friends and more like family than clients.
    The food was DELICIOUS and she even asked us how long to wait between appetizer dish and main course so as to not rush us and give us time to "settle".
    Additionally, besides suggesting dishes, she pointed out proper mix/match and how to eat them.

Favorite Dish: We had the hummus with ground lamb and pine nuts, homemade cheese with tomatoes and red onions, and the chicken livers in a vinegar sauce with garlic.
    For entrees we had the stuffed lamb - INCREDIBLE!!! and the mixed kabobs.
    Our waitress was attentive, very personable and treated us like family.

They are known for their homemade pita.

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Emeril's: BAM !!!!!!

by jlanza29 Updated Apr 9, 2011

The latest from Celebrity Chef Emeril Lagasse from the Food Network this place is welcomed change for the South Beach eating scene........the food is just mouthwatering !!!!! The wine list IS the BEST in MIAMI....lots of attention was paid on this place...from the staff to the wine list to the food......and location located in the lobby of the Loews Hotel is just perfect...this is just a great place and the scene is just awesome !!!! The prices are high but worth it, unlike other South Beach places. Highly recommend it for social gatherings, special dinners, or just excellent eating !!!! perfect 10 out 10 !!!!!!

Favorite Dish: The house banana cream pie dessert....to die for !!!!! the BEST wine LIST in all of MIAMI...from your $20 bottle to the $8,000 1962 Petrus !!!!!!

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

NoBu: for the utlimate high rollers !!!!!!

by jlanza29 Updated Apr 9, 2011

The first part of this place is finding it....it has no signs !!! Located in the ultra chic Shore Club Hotel...this is where the HIGH rollers of the Miami scene come to eat and be seen !!!! This place is probably the most expensive restaurant in all of MIAMI !!!!! The prices on the menu reflect that and the wine list is excellent...bottles start at $200 a pop !!!! NO reservations are taken at any time !!! so come early come late this place is always packed...be on the look out for SUPER VIP's that stay at the hotel !!!! Madonna and Jay LO are frequent customers of this place !!!!!

Favorite Dish: Can't go wrong with anything on the menu...portions are a bit on the small side, but very, very tasty !!!!!!

• Luxury Travel

Hilton Miami Airport
Trump International Beach Resort
Fairfield Inn By Marriott Miami West

Instant Answers: Miami

Comments

Miami Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Miami locals.
Map of Miami