Cruise Ships - Port of Miami, Miami

• Cruise Ships - Port of Miami
    by Cielo_Algaeed
  • %cbThe Miami Beach, Florida Refrigerator Magnet%c*
    The Miami Beach, Florida Refrigerator...
    by joiwatani
    Eating breakfast on the Crown in Miami
    by grandmaR
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Dodge Island Cruise Ship Berths

by grandmaR Updated Jul 24, 2006

Cruise ships dock on the north side of Dodge Island. Most of the cargo ships are on the south side of Dodge Island. The Port of Miami has over 30 deepwater berths adjacent to the Miami Harbor Channel; these include the berths at the Port of Miami on Dodge Island and Lummus Island

Since 9-11, all boats have to observe a security zone around particularly around passenger ships. So when we come in Government Cut (the Miami ship channel which is between South Miami Beach and Fisher Island), we go south of Dodge Island (pictures 4, and 5)

We can see when the ships are in, but we rarely get closer than this on our own boat. We did come in to Miami on the NCL Crown in 2005 (second picture). In the third picture which I took from the air, Dodge Island is on the far left side with one cruise ship on the closer edge.

Cruise ships from Biscayne Bay Eating breakfast on the Crown in Miami Leaving Miami Between Fisher Island and the commercial dock Miamarina with Dodge Island on the left
    • Cruise
    • Sailing and Boating

• Alice-Kees's Profile Photo

Cruise ships about to leave for the Caribbean

by Alice-Kees Written Jul 28, 2003

The best way to get a glimpse of the 4 and 5 star cruise ships is during a sunset harbour cruise. I've never wished to cruise before, but after seeing these ships with this great holiday atmosphere hanging around them, I have put a Caribbean cruise on my travel wish list. The day before this picture was taken, we witnessed the start of the maiden voyage of the Carnival Imagination with helicopters moving over the ship and fire-engine boats spraying water bidding for a safe journey.

A cruise ship ready for action, Port of Miami
    • Cruise

• donovanel's Profile Photo

CRUISE

by donovanel Written Feb 25, 2003

A cruise is a floating vacation all its own and there are so many departing from Miami, that by all means, combine a cruise vacation with seeing Miami. Our cruise stopped in Key West and Cozumel and was a first for me. I definitely would do it again, but I think that it would be more fun to go with a group of people or couples, though we did meet quite a few people.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• cobrioc's Profile Photo

Port of Miami

by cobrioc Written Dec 2, 2002

Miami is the cruise capital of the world, and when the monstrous liners are docked at the Port of Miami waiting to fill up the people, it's
    a pretty amazing sight.