Miami Beach, Miami

Art Deco buildings in Miami
    Ocean Drive
    by JOJOZ112
    Miami Beach near the cruise ships
  • JOJOZ112's Profile Photo

Miami Beach

by JOJOZ112 Written Jul 17, 2006

We went to Miami Beach on Memorial Day Weekend. It was crowded, lots of people and cars, loud music. Not a nice place to bring the family. You will defenitely see a lot of half naked women! The beach was beautiful, clear water and very warm during that time. However, when I went to use the bathroom, bad idea! The public toilets were hurrendous. The toliets did not flush, but people used them anyway (disgusting) since they were the only toilets around. There were always many homeless people so if youre a young girl in a bikini, I suggest you not walk alone. This was on Ocean Drive, just off the beach.
    Now the art deco buildings were beautiful, the old hotels especially!

Art Deco buildings in Miami Crystal clear water! Miami Beach near the cruise ships On the beach Ocean Drive

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

Site of my honeymoon

by etfromnc Written Feb 1, 2013

What makes Miami beautiful, from the bodies on the beach to the structure of the skyline, is diversity. Every neighborhood has its own stereotypes and its own exceptions to those rules. This is true of the city’s stretches of sand, too. Yes, South Beach is where the pretty people are, but they’re gawked at by seething mobs of tourists. North Miami Beach is where real people live. Windsurfers should head to Hobie or Virginia Key beach and for a view over all of Miami’s many beaches helicopter tours take off from Watson Island – connected to downtown Miami by the MacArthur Causeway.
    Unfortunately, my wonderful memories of our week on Miami Beach have lasted much longer than the wedding did.

• Beaches
    • Windsurfing

• RickL's Profile Photo

Great place fater adventures and shell collecting!

by RickL Written May 6, 2014

Best place to bring the kids and have a little relaxing time and sun for yourself, too. But bring your own water (lots of ice) and snacks! The little kiosks on the beach and the surrounding restaurants are all very expensive. Street parking is relatively cheap compared to what I'm used to paying.

• Beaches

• Miami was not exactly what we expected

by rachel13love Updated Jan 19, 2015

My boyfriend and I recently moved to central florida for college and decided to take a trip down to Miami, since it was always made out as a beautiful place that everyone wants to go. We stayed two nights there, and once we arrived it was not what we expected. The entire city, both Miami and Miami Beach, was dirty and trash ridden, with gang graffiti written all over everything. The TRAFFIC itself was enough to make me never want to return to Miami again. In only two days there we were hit once, and made it out of being hit again at 80 miles an hour 20 minutes later by literally an inch. I literally feared for my life there. We had not known how big, crazy, and crime ridden Miami could be so we got lucky making it out without any problems beside the small traffic incident. Miami was beautiful despite the problems and danger. We stayed the first night on Biscayne Bay, very beautiful, we actually enjoyed that more than Miami Beach. It was neat to see the cruise ships and there is a shopping place right on the bay where you can watch them leave, and the city skyline is beautiful. We did walk the streets of downtown at night and were safe (maybe we were lucky). Miami Beach, beware, is its own city. It is HUGE and there are a lot of bad parts where you will be killed if you are white (by south beach). The beach is beautiful but we saw nudity, very disturbing. Miami will definitely never be a relaxing beach vacation, SOMETHING will either stress you out or cause you a problem, the city is just too big. Miami is something else, if you are going to go there, prepare, beware, and be cautious. Dont travel alone, protect your items, and do not leave things unattended or go into bad parts. Also be careful when driving!!! Have someone else in the car help you look when changing lanes or anything else. If you are prepared, Miami can be enjoyable. Looking back on it we had a great time and I am definitely glad it's something we can check off our bucket list, it was just nerve racking for unprepared first-timers like us. Hope this helps!

• pulgaron's Profile Photo

Miami Beach

by pulgaron Written Feb 25, 2003

No trip to Miami is complete without visiting one of our beautiful beaches.
    Check my Miami Beach page for more detailed information.

10th Street and Ocenan Life guard Station