Bayside Market Place, Miami

by pulgaron
    You've been warned !!!!
    by jlanza29
  • jlanza29's Profile Photo

If you have too.....be warned !!!!

by jlanza29 Updated Apr 9, 2011

You've been warned !!!!

I don't think there isn't a bigger tourist trap not only in Miami but the entire world then this. Bayside Marketplace located in Downtown Miami, this is a tourist trap at it's finest. Filled with overpriced and very crappy restaurants...this is a place to stay away at all cost !!!!! Ask any locals and the feeling is the same !!!! parking is horrible and the prices thru the roof on anything...... if you must see it...walk thru it and you'll know why the locals say about this place !!!!!

Unique Suggestions: If you must !!!! there is a Hard Rock Cafe selling the most expensive souvenirs and the worse food around........$17 burger give me a break !!!!!

• Business Travel

• pulgaron's Profile Photo

Bayside Market Place. To me...

by pulgaron Updated Aug 26, 2003

Bayside Downtown Miami

Bayside Market Place. To me it's atourist trap, but if you're stuck downtown Miami with no place to go it's a good place to spend an afternoon. The best way to describe Bayside is to give you their web page address. Go to: www.baysidemarketplace.com
    Their page has current information on the place and even a virtual tour.

Unique Suggestions: If steak is your thing, visit Lombardi's(yes, owned by Vincent himself) Pretty good restaurant.
    Once you're done with your meal, exit Bayside and walk towards the water. You'll come across a series of docks hosting a variety of boats available for charters and afternoon excursions. Step aboard the Island Queen for a tour of "Millionaire's Row", the exclusive community of multi-million dollar homes located on exclusive Star and Fisher Islands.

• BAYSIDE MARKETPLACE

by cdilella Written Jan 29, 2012

I have read the comments on Bayside and I have to say that each year my husband and I book a boatcruise and leave one day prior just so we can spend some time at the Bayside Market place. I wouldn't necessarily call it a tourist trap. It's a great location right across the Holiday Inn which leaves a little to be desired but we stay there anyway because of the close location to Bayside. Frankly...its a great spot ! We have never had a problem with the food accept for Bubba Gumps Shrimp which is greasy and over priced but the service is fantastic. We browse the shops and don't generally spend money there. Its just a great place to walk around, enjoy the atmosphere, have a few drinks, eat and relax before the cruise. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Just don't spend your money in the shops and if you think Bayside is a tourist trap...well guess what...anywhere where there is tourists...is a tourist trap. You just need to be smart with your money. Enjoy

Instant Answers: Miami