Know about this?
information is kept from you
I lived here all my life, it seems miami is by the everglades, and considered an swampland, tho youll never realize its a village at first. From being born here i got a wild 20 year fever that never lets up, and locals are anti socialist, florida fifth in us states. They wont tell me anything, and i lived here 20 years...
- Hiking and Walking
Tips about Visiting Miami!
- Don't go during Hurricane Season. Just don't risk it! The hurricanes are horrific in Miami!!! Don't let your vacation end badly. Just plan ahead and check out local weather.
- There are lots of homeless people in Miami, due to the warm climate... so just watch out. Don't let them get tempted to take things that you place on the ground or a counter.
- Don't visit Miami SeaQuarium. The place is a complete dump. The animals look incredibly poorly taken care of. There is zero education in the park and the employees are unhelpful. The food is like "very expensive fast food." Plus, the admission is 40 dollars per person (adults) and parking is 8 bucks! [Too expensive for what you're going to see.] The whale is kept in a tiny concrete tank that resembles a fish bowl... very pathetic for a "theme park." Go to the beach, Coral Castle, or the Art Museum instead.
- Use a GPS to navigate in the city. Some of the streets are twisty and it can be confusing.
- Use sunscreen when outdoors (should be obvious). You'll get pretty burned otherwise. Direct sunlight!
- Family Travel
- Theme Park Trips
Bad parts of town
Like every major metropolitan city, Miami does have it's fair share of woes. No city is perfectly immune from these woes. If you are ever in Miami, stay away from the areas of Liberty, Dixie Highway, and Highleah. From what I have been told, these are the really bad areas. I'm sure I am missing a few, so if you figure out any others please e-mail me and let me know.
- Road Trip
- Work Abroad
miami and miami beach are wonderful places to visit but for the tourist that is unfamiliar with the area caution must be taken. many miami neighborhoods are infested with gangs and drug dealers, care should be taken to avoid these areas. when shopping for hotels on the internet do some homework about the neighborhood. a good rule of thumb is that the closer to the ocean the safer the area. even in "safe" areas of miami use caution late at night. miami is a fun place to visit but it is important to use common sense when visiting this city.
- Road Trip
do not leave your belongings anywhere, even for 30 seconds in the secured hotel pools and lobies. It happened to me and it could happen to you. Keep your valuable things and money in the safe of the hotel room.
Under no circumstances do the...
Under no circumstances do the following.
Go to a lively, happening bar down on the beach and become mesmerised by the most beautiful Cuban girl you're ever seen working behind a bar. Drink copious amounts of beer to the point where you can hardly stand, cannot speak and definitely cannot think.
On the way home meet a decidedly suspicious female on the street and engage in conversation. Become familarly with said female and let her rob you of your wallet.
This sequence of events will spoil your vacation
Miami does have big city crime...
Miami does have big city crime problems, however, most of the main tourist areas are heavily Policed and are safe. I have had no problems at all on two visits. However, be vigilant and use usual common-sense rules ( dress down, try not to look too much like a tourist, take most of your money in travellers cheques etc. ) The biggest problem would be driving in to dangerous areas like LIBERTY CITY. If driving , allow time to recover from Jetlag ( 2-3days )and check your route EXACTLY before driving with reliable people eg. Car hire Company, Police etc. Licence plates for rental cars have recently had their designations changed, so a rental car is now indistinguisable. But don't be alarmed, with sensible precautions, Miami is safe.
Do not try to climb palm trees...
Do not try to climb palm trees after it has rained!! They are not only slippery, but you will get very dirty!
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Miami Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Dubai Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Sandbridge Beach Hotels
- Ghana Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- Islamabad Hotels
- Pattaya Warnings and Dangers
- Cabo San Lucas Warnings and Dangers
- Goa Warnings and Dangers
- Bangkok Warnings and Dangers
- Nashville Warnings and Dangers
- Chicago Warnings and Dangers
- Bora-Bora Warnings and Dangers
- South Padre Island Warnings and Dangers
- The Bahamas Warnings and Dangers
- Prague Warnings and Dangers
- Port Douglas Warnings and Dangers
- Kazakhstan Warnings and Dangers