Miami Beach Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Miami Beach

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Flyers Flyers everywhere!!!

by HotSpotJ Updated May 6, 2005

Some flyers I pulled out my luggage after visits

Favorite thing: Of course, for me, one of my favorite things about South Beach are all of the places I can go find trouble in. As a single guy who likes to dress nice and mix good drinks, South Beach and Vegas are my two favorite spots for getting myself into the fun zone. One cool thing about South Beach is that while you walk on Ocean, people working as street promoters will be handing out flyers to that nights party, so if its your first time there, you'll learn alot about whats going on without having to ask. Now, not all of the venues you'll see will be the place to be, the best places and the most popular spots amongst locals changes every given week, so, you'll have to ask a waiter or your hotel workers or people you meet out where the A-list parties will be, but these flyers sometimes have good places to stop in and check out- especially if you're into hip-hop music

Fondest memory: My fondest memories of partying in South Beach involve VIP seating at the Mansion, two Russian girls, the Delano pool, and a walk down Ocean, back to my hotel, at sunrise. Perhaps, even in that order :)

• School Holidays
    • Singles

• Dutchnatasja's Profile Photo

The colours of the city

by Dutchnatasja Written Feb 15, 2005

Miami Beach

Favorite thing: I love the colours of Miami. They are bright in all kinds of way, wherever you look. Look at the picture. It wouldn't have this colour in another city. So, every time I’m in Miami, I enjoy the colours of the city. It makes me happy.

Fondest memory: I love the whole atmosphere of Miami. It makes me feel good. Miami Beach is truly a major international entertainment and cultural destination.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Miami Beach

by Gili_S Updated Apr 6, 2004

Favorite thing: Miami Beach as a whole build for the service of tourists, what ever you like to do in your holidays you can find it here. I enjoyed the most the relax beaches, coffee shops and restaurants. In each place I got good service with positive attitude, so, in short, great place for holiday.

• jackfruit's Profile Photo

Gorgeous Beach

by jackfruit Written Feb 25, 2004
    Beach opposite Art Deco Welcome center

Favorite thing: You can rent a beach lounge chair for about $10 for the entire day (most until 4pm).

Since it was January, we needed a jacket everytime the sun went behind the clouds, but otherwise it stayed pretty warm.

Get your own water - $2 per bottle otherwise if you buy from the sand vendors.

Beverages are available at the beach office.
    You will also find toilets and showers here.

Fondest memory: Great sand, well spread out beach and some much needed sun!

Miami Beach Marina!

by Hexepatty Updated Nov 25, 2003

Favorite thing: Located next to Government Cut, with no fixed bridges and plenty of deep water, Miami Beach Marina affords easy accessibility to great fishing...sailing...and cruising. The famous Art Deco District .The 400 boat slips provide plenty of dock space in South Florida for vessels up to 250 feet.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

South Beach View from the Sky!

by Hexepatty Updated Nov 25, 2003

Favorite thing: People watching is a great pastime in Miami's South Beach, which draws celebrities and beautiful people in skimpy swim attire to see and be seen. The wide, white sand-covered beaches are popular spots for fashion photo shoots, so you're sure to see models. The area is known for its hip clubs and wild nightlife as well as numerous excellent restaurants.

Fisher Island!

by Hexepatty Updated Nov 25, 2003

Favorite thing: Oprah Winfrey, Boris Becker, Mel Brooks and "Cagney and Lacey" star Sharon Gless own terra cotta-roofed condominiums on the island. Frequent guests include Demi Moore, Meg Ryan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jack Nicholson, Paul Newman and Sharon Stone. I didn't see ANY of them, but I am impressed. No-view studio apartments start at $550,000, while split-level panoramic villas go for $6 million.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Port of Miami - Cargo Port!

by Hexepatty Updated Nov 25, 2003

Favorite thing: The Port of Miami’s estimated impact on the community was in excess of $8 billion and more than 45,000 jobs. Miami is the largest container port in Florida. The Port of Miami has approximately 40 shipping lines calling on more than 100 countries and 250 ports around the world. Twenty-five ocean carriers serve more than 30 countries and 100 ports in Latin America and the Caribbean.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Downtown Miami! A view from our Apt!

by Hexepatty Updated Nov 25, 2003

Favorite thing: One of the features that sets Miami apart from other big cities is the way it integrates itself with the water. To witness this, look no further than the downtown waterfront area. It is pretty, day or night, and if you have a view of it from S Beach, you are BLESSED!

Port Miami!

by Hexepatty Updated Nov 25, 2003

Favorite thing: The Port of Miami remains the undisputed "Cruise Capital of the World." Miami home-ported 18 cruise ships and nearly 3.6 million passengers in Fiscal Year 2002. The port's impact on Miami-Dade County is estimated at more than $8 billion and 45,000 jobs. One out of every three North American cruise passengers sails from Miami. What can I say? I am a Trans Junky! I love these kinda facts and often used them in my Principles of Trans class I taught...

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Why Not, Victor? I'll oblige you!

by Hexepatty Updated Nov 25, 2003

Favorite thing: It is asked that the following information be included in all presentations that include the images of the castle located at 9th Street and Ocean Dr. in Miami Beach, Fl. The images of the castle are protected by United States and International copyright laws.

ARTIST AND BUILDER: Victor Leong
    LOCATION OF CASTLE: 9TH Street and Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL.

The Art Deco Historic District

by Hexepatty Updated Nov 25, 2003

Favorite thing: South Beach’s Art Deco district sets the town apart from other beach towns. The Art Deco Historic District is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Approximately 800 buildings make up this area and range in styles from Mediterranean Revival to Streamline. Visitors to South Beach are encouraged to take a tour of this unique area which is offered by the Art Deco Welcome Center. How cool is that? I'm going to do it next time I visit...

• What do locals do?What do tourists do?

by mehbos37 Updated Nov 13, 2003

Best bar in South Beach

Favorite thing: Tourists generally choose the cliche that the locals never ever think of..It's mostly the same wherever you go..
    For example in South Beach the scene is like this:
    Tourists rush straight to Oceandrive where they enjoy -piazza- .There are decent clubs and bars too ,but the vast majority is very ordinary tourist attractions..
    Tourists love News Cafe and Wet Willies,Tropicana,All Star cafe and other stuff..
    Locals who accidentaly choose Oceandrive for a change head to Clevelander's for a happy hour and making fun of tourists..They go to Fat Tuesday only on Tuesdays..
    In fact most of the favourite clubs and bars are located on Washington Avenue...
    Living Room is one of my favourites.Very elegant atmosphere,nice european house music and many beautiful people inside.Celebrities who owns houses in Miami regularly go there.You need to have a local partner to get in.
    Liquid is an elegant club where you find decent local people who likes house music..Monday is the best night.
    My favourite bar is MARLIN...It belongs to the hotel MARLIN on Collins 7. street.There,you can see the most elegant Afro-american concept in U.S.A. Beautiful atmosphere,mellow tunes and the hottest black women...
    I can say one good thing about Wet Willies before I forgot: The frozens,daiquiris are very delcious and dangerous.I am a good drinker myself,but when I have 2 shots of -attitude improvement and a shot of -call a cab- I instantly passed out:)
    More to come...later..

Fondest memory: My friend Semih was dating a black woman and they arranged a dinner for me including her sister and them.We had a superb dinner,then headed to Marlin.And when they felt like we have the black man's spirit they offered to go to Salvation..
    At first we were scared a bit realizing it is not a friendly area but I suddenly felt relieved when I met a lesbian duo while waiting in the queue.Not sooner than five minutes, I was inside ,dancing wildly among the 400 black people crowd..One of the lesbians,Natasha was a sweet lawyer who turned out to enyoy my accompany more than her gf.And they had a funny fight..Unfortunately they left.
    The sister,Lisa then gave nude poses to a men magazine kept me dancing for hours in front of black men with looking almost in disbelief..
    I felt like a lucky bro...indeed.

• Singles

Obligatory Miami Night Shot w/ Port Miami in Front

by Hexepatty Updated Nov 8, 2003

Favorite thing: I have had a love affair with Miami going back to 1973... when my brother attended Univ. of Miami. My best friend in college lived there, so I visited often... and I just dug this city. It's changed a lot and at this stage in my life, I no longer desire to live there, but I do have a VERY special place in my heart for all the fun and crazy things I've done in Miami all my life. Nice to think that even now, I can STILL have fun there, too!

Murano at Portofino

by Hexepatty Updated Nov 8, 2003

Favorite thing: Murano at Portofino has 38 units overlooking the intracoastal. Constructed in 2002. Prices range from $350,000 to $3,500,000. We were in a 3 bed, 3.5 bath unit on the 28th Floor and it was FLAWLESS! Very nice place. Floor to Ceiling Glass windows and a terrace on BOTH sides of the unit, affording views as far South as Key Biscayne/Biscayne Bay on one side of the Condo, all the way to N Miami on the North Fronting side of the Condo!

Fondest memory: This is a view of the Murano at Portofino Pool, but we were only a 7 minute walk to S Beach...

Instant Answers: Miami Beach

Comments

Miami Beach Favorites

Reviews and photos of Miami Beach favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Miami Beach sightseeing.