Toiletries/Medical Supplies, Miami Beach

by chrissyalex
    by Nobbe
    by seamandrew
  • chrissyalex's Profile Photo

Light Clothes and LOTS of Sunscreen!

by chrissyalex Updated Jul 2, 2003

Luggage and bags: Really all you need to bring is a light travelbag or medium-sized backpack.,because the clothes you will pack to visit here will not take up alot of space. Tank tops,light summer dresses and bikinis do not take up that much room! This is all I would have taken , if it weren't for the fact I was going to Peru afterwards and I needed to bring some cooler weather clothes.(and I just brought another small travel bag for those clothes) Save yourself some trouble and leave your big bulky suitcase at home.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: You really can wear whatever you like here. Anything goes! Just make sure it is warm weather clothing such as tank tops, skirts, light summer dresses and capri pants. Bring at least a couple of swimsuits and a sarong or cover up. Pack one or two really nice outfits to go out to dinner in. A comfy pair of sandals for the beach and a dressy pair of sandals for night.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Lots and lots of high SPF waterproof sunscreen. and be sure to reapply it frequently. I would strongly suggest if you are from a cold weather climate to try to go to a tanning booth for a week or two in advance, so you weren't burn as easliy.This really helps alot in addition to wearing the suncreen and you won't be beet red after 15 minutes!

Photo Equipment: In addition to my regular camera, I brought a disposable underwater camera for the beach. I really didn't plan to take many underwater pictures, but it is good to bring one for beach pictures since it is just a cheap camera, you don't have to worry about getting it stolen while you are out swimming nor about water or sand ruining the camera.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Typical beach stuff..swimsuits,towels etc.
    I was told to pack mosquito repellent, even though I ended up not really needed. But if I were to visit here again, I would still pack it. The repellent wipes are handier and take up less room.

• Beaches

• vanessadb's Profile Photo

Suntan protection

by vanessadb Updated Jan 30, 2003

SPF 30

Miscellaneous: Yes I know, it is an obvious one, but seriously do not forget to bring sun protection, SPF 15 at least, and stronger expecially if you're going to stay in the sun for many hours.

The sun is extremely strong in Miami and you will get badly sunburnt if you don't protect yourself from it. Trust me, you don't want to look like all those tomato red tourists!!!

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Packing List

by seamandrew Written Aug 26, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: When packing be sure to include the following. They are a must!
    Sunscreen
    Bathing suit
    shorts
    umbrella

The last is very important since Miiami Beach gets a lot of rain.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Be sure to bring some insect repellent too. Lots of mosquitos.

Photo Equipment: Include a polarizing lens for your camera. The suns glare on the sea can ruin many a picture.

• hayward68's Profile Photo

Packing List

by hayward68 Written Aug 25, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Bring a couple of swimsuits and good walking sandals.

Also dressy clothes for hitting the nightspots, you have to compete with tanned, twentysomethings dressed to kill

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: SUNSCREEN OR SUNBLOCK

I can't stress enough how important it is to wear sunscreen. I'm very fair skinned so bring total sunblock with me. You'll be glad you've got it on after wandering around all day. And don't forget to put it on the tops of your feet and in the part of your hair. I'm always forgetting my scalp and I always burn it.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: If you've got a beach umbrella and are able to bring it, it's a good idea. That way you at least have some shade to get out of the burning sun.

Instant Answers: Miami Beach

Comments

Other What to Pack in Miami Beach