Miami Beach Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Miami Beach

Ocean's 10: Ocean's 10

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 29, 2013

My pasta marinara

Located at the Edison Hotel on Ocean Drive and 10th Street. This restaurant/bar has indoor and outdoor poolside dinning as well as Ocean Drive street dinning. During our visit we had originally planned on having Italian for dinner, but walking around Ocean Drive we were somehow lured to this restaurant not quite sure why, maybe it was the band playing or the menu.

We sat poolside where we could enjoy our meal, do some people watch all while the band was playing in the background.

During my recent visit Miriam and I decided to enjoy a late lunch/early dinner here after enjoying South Beach.

The ambiance is nice, there is a live Jazz player and they have specialty Sundays.

I honestly don't recall what I had for dinner during my first visit. But during my recent we enjoyed some yummy drinks and a good pasta dish. The place was very busy, and the waitresses were running around like crazy, but they were attentive and didn't forget anything.

The menu is varied with Italian dishes as well as sandwiches, appetizers and

Favorite Dish: Miriam and I both ordered a pasta dish. I had a pasta mariana and Miriam had a gnocchi. My pasta was quite good. Miriam enjoyed her dish as well.

Prices vary, but because of competing business, the restaurant intices you with a 30-40% discount.

• staindesign's Profile Photo

Sazón Cafe: Empanadas & Coladita!

by staindesign Written Jul 23, 2013
    Empanadas & Quesito

This little cafe is amazing for a quick snack and/or breakfast. Did I mention this is very cheap? A Cuban coffee and 2 empanadas will run you about $3! It's delicious and the place has excellent ambiance.

Favorite Dish: Get the Cuban coffee called "Colada' & an empanada and a quesito. A quesito is very important, it's like a Latin version of a cheese Danish.

Grillfish: Excellent Restaurant

My Scallops w/marsala over linguine

My girlfriend Sandy and her husband wanted to treat us to dinner at this restaurant. What a fantastic place. Located on Collins
    Avenue the restaurant is quite large with a wonderful Italian mural behind the bar and with cozy little nooks to sit at. The company, meal and service were very good and we would definitely return.

The food is really good here and Mike our waiter was the best. He was funny, energetic and quite helpful with our selections. There is a blackboard advertising the specials of the day.

Favorite Dish: To start we had the shrimp spring rolls with plum sauce...so so heavenly. For our meals, I had the scallops marsala (my favorite seafood) linguine, the sauce was so yummy and the huge scallops were just right. Sandy ordered the scallops picata (was good, but not as good as mine) The guys had to have their steak and ordered NY Strip steak which comes with a side of garlic roasted potatoes. The steak was amazing and the potatoes were quite yummy as well.

Sandy ordered a very tasty chardonnay with our meal.

News Cafe: It's all about people watching

by Gypsystravels Updated Jun 28, 2013

People watching after my meal

I've been to the News Cafe a few times during my trips to Miami Beach and although everyone knows about this restaurant, it is always a great place to grab breakfast or brunch. On my first visit we had Saturday brunch. The weather was perfect and made for some really great conversation and people watching on Ocean Drive.

Recently I returned, this time for Sunday brunch and it was just as fantastic as I remembered it. The wait staff are so perky and friendly and found us a really nice table so we can enjoy the great weather and some people watching.

They have a very large selection of dishes to choose from and some very yummy pastries, like their flan or crème brule!!

Favorite Dish: On my two visits to the cafe I've ordered the breakfast special which is a two eggs (over easy for me), news fries, sausage, oj, coffee and whole wheat toast dry. Ferni ordered the same breakfast special but with bacon instead.

La Sanwicheria: La Sanwicheria

La Sanwicheria front

This is a little whole in the wall type fast food place which looks more like a trailer turned food service. You order your meal at the counter and can be seated among the few little stools located along the counter, we decided to take our sandwiches to go and eat while we walked to Ocean Drive.

It's a really good place for sandwiches, salads, smoothies or even some yummy shakes. We were enjoying our walk along Collins and decided to stop and have a bit to eat.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the prosciutto and fresh mozzarella with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and vinaigrette dressing all on a French bread. My sandwich was very good.

I also had a very yummy smoothie called the Bora Bora, its a mango, banana, pineapple and orange smoothie. Quite refreshing on a hot day. Ferni had the boring ham sandwich on French bread and a strawberry shake which was quite thick and yummy!

Aura Restaurant: Aura Restaurant

Hummus

Ferni and I loved this place so much that we chose to eat here twice, even though there are tons of other places to eat. There is an indoor or outdoor seating, but when in Miami Beach, always choose to sit outdoors, you can enjoy a great meal and do some people watching. There is a pretty large selection of dishes to choose from and the prices are so affordable, it amazed us.

We received excellent service, the meals are really good and the drinks even yummier, this is a restaurant we will definitely return to!!

We've returned to this restaurant during our trip in May 2011 to find the food and the drinks still very good. This time we ordered an appetizer of chicken tenders and Ferni had his Heinekin and I had a Mojito!! Wow, the mojito here is so good.

There is a happy hour every day (will have to check on the times).

Favorite Dish: We ordered the hummus both times, its that good!! For lunch I had the burger which was so, so juicy and the huge steak fries, which are my favorite. On our second visit for an early dinner I ordered the pork chop, which also came with the steak fries, so, so delicious. Ferni ordered pasta and chicken parmesan both times, it was that good.

For drinks I had the mojito, so, so good and Ferni had the Rum & coke. We also ordered dessert and both times had the Tartufo, which was quite heavenly!

• Beer Tasting

• Bella Cuba Restaurant: Best food,drinks and prices!!!!

by foodforme Written Jun 27, 2011

This place is a small family owned restaurant located in south beach next to Lincoln Rd but is extremely cozy and beautiful inside, plus authentic cuban food made fresh at order, i have been in miami so many times and i tried too many cuban restaurants, but definitely this is the best i have ever ate before. The Sangria was huge and full of flavor, and the Mojito was so refreshing that we couldn't stop drinking...The prices are affordable but the food was amazing.
    We order the Cuban tamales and they were so delicious we were liking our fingers, along with the extra nice chicken soup that reminds me when i was a child and my mom used to give it to me for comfort food.The churrasco was so flavorful and well done and the Roast pork so tender and yummy. the mojo for the yuca was incredible!!!! we order coconut flan for dessert with cuban coffee and it was just the perfect ending of a really nice dinner nite.The owner was there and he was making sure everything was ready and on time, the 2 guys working there are giving a super service,this will be my new favorite place in miami...highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Dish: They have an extensive menu really well presented, everything is fresh and i can tell you that every customer was eating everything with pleasure, i ordered the roast pork, super tender with yuca with mojo, and Churrasco for my friend smoky and perfect. they have traditional desserts but we only order the coconut flan, delicious!!!!!!!!!!! we are planning to go back for more dishes, and more sangrias LOL!!!

• kit_mc's Profile Photo

Balans: Trendy and Gay

by kit_mc Updated Apr 4, 2011

Balans, South Beach, Miami

This is a larger and in my opinion slightly better version of the longstanding Soho restaurant and bar that is a bit of an institution among some of the trendy types in London's gay scene.

I stopped in here for a coffee and some water while doing a bit of a self guided walking tour. Eating in there from a mainly mediterranean and European style menu were a mix of business people, trendy locals and some tourists. Prices were maybe a little higher than usual but not by a massive amount. They offer breakfast, lunch and dinner menus to suit most tastes.

The outdoor seating out front is a great place to people watch.

I actually preferred this to the original London version as the staff were a bit less pretentious and seemed friendlier. Also gets quite busy in the evenings, a place to be seen I suspect.

• Gay and Lesbian

• Babzz's Profile Photo

Bongos Cuban Cafe: Visually appealing, but disappointing.

by Babzz Updated Apr 4, 2011

The food looked great but was really disappointing. The plantains were too ripe. All the meat was really greasy. The ceviche was giant chunks of fish with a bit of cilantro. The service was quite poor. We forced the food down.

1220 Restaurant at The Tides: 1220 Restaurant at The Tides

Breakfast at the Tides

The 1220 Restaurant is located in the lobby of the Tides Hotel, on Ocean Drive in South Beach. Open throughout the day, it is a stylish but relaxing place to eat. There are also outside tables if you want to soak up some sun or enjoy the balmy Miami evenings.

We dined here on our first night in Miami. There was a chill in the air, so we chose to sit inside near the bar. Service was friendly and the menu interesting.

Favorite Dish: For starter we shared the Crab stuffed Mussels which were really delicious. Main courses - Alex had the Jamaican Seafood Curry which he deemed excellent, and I had the Scallops wrapped in Prosciutto, which was quite good, but nothing to write home about. We just had a glass of chilled white wine with our meal and surprisingly couldn't fit in dessert.

We also had breakfast at the restaurant one morning, sitting out in sun on the patio. The breakfast was fine, but the setting was better, though the service was a little too cheerful before we had our coffee!

On the weekends they have a Mussel & Wine special deal which seemed to be very popular with guests and visitors alike.

Sushi Siam: Sushi Siam - Japanese/Thai

masses of raw fish!

We went shopping at Aventura Mall around lunch time one day, and thought we would eat first and shop later. We had a craving for some sushi, so headed to Sushi Siam, which is located on the Third Level, just near the AMC Theatres.

This large restaurant was filled with lunching locals. The food looked amazing and the menu was huge - a selection of both Japanese and Thai dishes to tempt us.

Favorite Dish: We both settled on a lunch box, that had a variety of sushi, sashimi, chicken teriyaki and miso soup. The lunch box choice was a good one...but we should have just shared one serve, because the amount of food they bought to us was incredible!! There was no way we could eat it all.

They bought out two large platters of sashimi and sushi - beautifully presented and colourful. Then there was 2 plates full of chicken with teriyaki sauce. And this was supposed to be a light lunch!

The food was very good quality, in particular the salmon sashimi just melted in your mouth.

I would really recommend Sushi Siam....but you may want to share!

There is another branch on Lincoln Road Mall.

• Women's Travel

Biltmore Hotel - Afternoon Tea: Biltmore Hotel - Afternoon Tea

Afternoon tea at the Biltmore Hotel

On our final few hours in Miami, Alex's Aunty Lee took us on drive through Coconut Grove and Coral Cables, so we could have a look at some of the other areas that make up the Miami region.

Driving in Coral Gables, we came across the huge Biltmore Hotel. This Mediterranean-inspired hotel is a five star resort, with a spectacular pool, several restaurants and a golf course.

It is certainly a stunning building, inside and out, and we stopped off to have a closer look...and to have afternoon tea - a traditional afternoon tea is served in the hotel's lobby each day.

Favorite Dish: After a not so great lunch earlier, we were keen to enjoy some tasty treats. A tea trolley was brought over to us with an array of different teas to choose from. We all made our selection and enjoyed the background music.

To eat, we were first brought out a selection of sandwiches, which was followed by scones with jam & cream and then we could choose a couple of mini cakes from a platter that was bought to the table.

The food was quite nice, but to be honest we were a little disappointed about the presentation of the food....it was certainly not on par with an afternoon tea in London!

• Oh! Mexico: Cool Atmosphere and Great Service

by jwwmg Updated Apr 4, 2011

Start off with one of the maragritas and sit at the awesome bar that carries 200 different brands of tequila. The bartenders are nice and fun to watch serve the drinks. The frozen mango margarita was really good.

Sit outside if you can, they have lovely little tables with candlelit, white christmas lights and good people watching.

The service was the best we had for our four day stay in Miami Beach, the staff was friendly.

Overall, the restaurant was just awesome looking and centrally located.

Favorite Dish: Try the nachos and burritos. mmmm.

• Business Travel

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Blue Garden sushi restaurant- Delano Hotel: Not another sushi place

by goingsolo Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Delano is one of my favorite places on South Beach. The drinks are overpriced and the crowd overrates itself, but you can't beat sitting outside by the large zero entrance pool on a beautiful night.

The Delano is mostly known for the Blue Door restaurant. Like the drinks and the crowd, I think the Blue Door is overpriced and overrated. But the Blue Garden Restaurant is a different story.

The Blue Garden is a sushi and oyster bar. The long bar counter is first come first serve, which means you may have to wait in line, but a trip to South Beach would not be complete without a wait somewhere for something. Try to arrive early if possible. And, unlike the terminus of most South Beach lines, this one is worth the wait.

The sushi here is world class. You will find the freshest tuna and yellowtail imaginable, including the pricey but worth it toro. The handrolls are difficult to eat, but delicious.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Jerry's Deli: New York deli sans authenticity

by goingsolo Updated Apr 4, 2011

I was very excited when Jerry's deli first opened. One of my favorite things about New York is great deli food, something which South Florida lacks. This place is supposed to be the real deal.

Jerry's does have huge corned beef and pastrami sandwiches, brisket and the rest of the deli fare. Jerry's also has a large crowd and a scarcity of tables. And you can pay $25 for a meal here. But, sadly, Jerry's is not the real deal.

The food is ok here, but it is not up to New York standards. This isn't even a New York import, but, rather, a Los Angeles one. You won't close you eyes, take a bite and be convinced that you're dining at Stage or the 2nd Avenue deli. But its open 24 hours and its probably the only place on South Beach where you can get chicken soup and a pastrami on rye at 5 a.m.

Jerry's is another example of a place that is overhyped and overcommercialized, in my opinion. If you really want great deli food in Miami, visit Grunberg's in downtown.

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Miami Beach

Comments

Miami Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Miami Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Miami Beach sightseeing.