Places to eat in Naples

• 3148 East Tamiami Trails, Naples, Florida branch
    3148 East Tamiami Trails, Naples,...
  • Inside  Five Guys at 3148 Tamiami Trail Naples Fla
    Inside Five Guys at 3148 Tamiami Trail...
  • Cheeseburger, jalapeno peppers, BBQ sauce & pickle
    Cheeseburger, jalapeno peppers, BBQ...

Most Viewed Restaurants in Naples

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Pinchers Crab Shack: Tin City Naples

by apbeaches Written Jan 6, 2014

Fun crab shack right on the docks, wait was very long but there were many colorful shops along the water to look at while we were waiting to get paged. Servers were quick and helpful. Live music and opened sides onto the water added to the ambiance. Casual and lot's of fun.

Favorite Dish: The fish and chips were good but the Shrip taco's were out of this world. The chipotle aloli, cheddar, and mango salsa were outrageous.

• Beaches

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

FIVE GUYS: The chain in Naples

by Paisleypaul Updated Nov 17, 2012

This is a chain that started in DC - there are now 3 outlets in Naples alone, and Five Guys consistently wins the best burger - we have to agree. There are hot dogs and sandwiches (including vegetarian) but we just ordered the plain burger, you add bacon or cheese as you wish. The reason the menu is so truncated is that you pay for the burger then just ask for as many of the 15 addirtional toppings as you wish from mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickle, A1 sauce, BBQ sauce, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, ketchup, mustard, relish, green peppers, jalapeno peppers and hot sauce.

Real potatoes rather than maize and Lord knows - they even tell you where the potatoes for the fries have been sourced that day (somewhere in Idaho, of course!)

Slighlty pricier than the other fast food outlets, but we were both so ridiculously full afterwards it saved on eating that night! Help yourself to the free shell on peanuts by the counter while you wait, but guard your appetitie !

Favorite Dish: Cheeseburger, jalapeno peppers, BBQ sauce & pickle was my designer burger. Great with those fries - we split a large portion betweeen two

This chain is in most if not all states and achieves excellence

3148 East Tamiami Trails, Naples, Florida branch Inside  Five Guys at 3148 Tamiami Trail Naples Fla Cheeseburger, jalapeno peppers, BBQ sauce & pickle Don't overdo the box-your-own freebie peanuts!!!! Huge amount of fries - even taste like potato : )
    • Theme Park Trips

Roman Oven Pasta Market Cafe: Brick Oven Pizza

by deecat Updated Apr 4, 2011

Each day, we would use Pine Ridge Road as we journeyed from our Condo to Old Naples. I was impressed each day as we drove by a restaurant called Roman Oven Pasta Market Cafe As you see in Photograph #1, the building is quite attractive.

So, we finally decided to try the restaurant because we both love Brick Oven Pizzas.

The menu covers much more than Pizza. This Italian restaurant offers all kinds of pastas and typical Italian entrees. It also has a small deli where one is able to order imported Italian products.

It's a beautiful dining room that is spacious and light and airy. Photo #3 shows the beautiful Brick Oven.

Our waitress was a beautiful young girl who was friendly, well informed, and efficient. The owner was sitting in the room, and he greeted those customers who probably frequented the restaurant often.

Favorite Dish: Allan and I both ordered salads, which were cold, crisp, and filled with delicious tomatoes. The salad dressing was mellow and added to the enjoyment of the house salads as we awaited our pizzas.

Allan's pizza was a mushroom one; and mine was called a CAPRESE and consisted of tomatoes, Mozzarella Cheese, and Basil. [see photo #2]

Sometimes, you can pick a restaurant by its looks!

Roman Oven Pasta Market Cafe Brick Oven Pizza Inside Roman Oven Pasta Market Cafe
    • Wine Tasting

The Boat House: Fine Dining By The Marina

by catalysta Updated Apr 4, 2011

At the east end of the Cove Inn was the Boat House, an excellent over-the-water restaurant, with fine dining & a spectacular view of Naples Bay. This spot would offer a lovely sunset dinner, but make sure to get reservations in advance.
    You have your choice of open air dining on the upstairs deck, or airconditioned comfort in the dining room downstairs - both with equally lovely views.

The Ari-Conditioned Dining Room

Sunset Beach Bar, Naples Beach Hotel: Barefoot Snacks & Cocktails On The Beach

by catalysta Updated Apr 4, 2011

From what the locals told me, one of the best casual waterside bars is the Sunset Beach Bar at the Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club. Certainly even though it was off-season when I was there, the bar was fairly packed with friendly locals. You can order bar snacks too, if you don’t want to bother washing the sand off your feet to go inside & eat.

Chillin' At The Beach

• catalysta's Profile Photo

HB’s On The Gulf: Sunsets & Wine...

by catalysta Updated Apr 4, 2011

HB’s On The Gulf is an excellent and well-recommended choice for an upscale evening meal. Located in the Naples Beach Hotel, it has a beautiful unobstructed view of the Gulf waters. Reservations recommended, especially if you want to catch the sunset with your meal.

HB's

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

The Coffee Shoppe: A Bustling Local Spot

by shrimp56 Updated Nov 14, 2010

The Coffee Shoppe of the lobby of Cove Inn. It is very popular with locals, so on weekends get there early and be prepared to wait! The food isn't exceptional, except for the famous pancakes, but the people who run it are.

• Seniors

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

The Dock at Crayton Cove: Open Air and VERY Busy!

by shrimp56 Updated Nov 14, 2010

The Dock is a VERY popular Naples restaurant that just happened to be a 2 minute walk from where I was staying. Although it is open air on the sides, it gets very noisy when full. Reservations are taken only part of the year. The rest of the time you will probably have a wait. The food is good, but it is the location that makes The Dock so much fun.

Favorite Dish: I had Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos.

• Seniors

• Vespalady's Profile Photo

Sushi One: Excellent and delicious, if typical sushi

by Vespalady Updated Nov 12, 2010

Sushi One is a newer sushi restaurants in Naples, Florida. The ingredients are fresh, delicious, and perfectly prepared. Although the sushi isn't particularly original, all of it is the best it can be. The spicy tuna is a perfect balance between fish and sauce; and all the sashimi and nigiri is expertly cut to bring out the natural flavor of the fish. The chef originally worked at Fujiyama's, but quit and opened up Sushi One; many of his customers made the move with him. The prices are reasonable—especially in comparison to other sushi restaurants in town, and the restaurant itself is simple but with a chic and relaxing atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: I'm fond of the simpler forms of sushi, nigiri, and sashimi, so my favorite part of my meal was the red snapper nigiri and sashimi. Red snapper can become watery and bland if cut poorly, but the sushi chef at Sushi One is talented and the snapper was flavorful.

Cracklin' Jacks: Great Local Restaurant

by deecat Updated Feb 10, 2009

Just down Collier Blvd. from our Glen Forest Country Club location while staying in Naples, Florida, we came across a "local" spot called Cracklin' Jacks. It is not an easy place to get to because it sits back from the highway, and we did not even notice it until we were right there, and since there was traffic "right on our tail" we had to drive on by it. The next time, we made sure that we were going slower and pulled into a narrow lane that goes over a small waterway. The parking lot was filled with cars and so we got out of the car and check out the menu that was posted on the side of the building. We noted that most all of the food was fried; thus, we decided not to go inside.

Later on in the month, we remembered Cracklin' Jacks, knowing that the parking lot was filled each evening. "What the Heck"; we decided to give it a try. Boy, are we glad that we did.
    No wonder it is always crowded. The food is EXCELLENT.

As is evident from Photographs # 2 & 3, the restaurant has a local flavor in a relaxed, "down home" kind of way. The customers seem to be a combination of locals and "snow birds" [winter visitors from the north] such as ourselves. The waiters and waitresses seem quite efficient and very busy. There is no time for "chit-chat". Don't take this wrong...they are friendly but very professional.

We were correct that there are many "fried food items"...they serve somewhat FAMILY STYLE bringing white beans, green beans, cole slaw, cornbread, Mashed potatoes with either white or brown gravy, and muffins to each table. You are able to ask for more of each.

Favorite Dish: Allan ordered a combination plate of BBQ ribs and cat fish. The catfish was quite delicious, not at all greasy, and oh so flavorful. The ribs were tender, a bit spicy, and seemed to "fall off the bone" [see photo #1].

I ordered the Pork, which was piled high and filled my plate and was accompanied by delicious applesauce. [See photo #4] It was so much that I took 1/2 of it home, and Allan and I had pulled pork sandwiches the next day.

They are known for good desserts; however, we were too "stuffed" and bypassed them.

We're glad that we went back to try this local hangout...Cracklin'Jacks!

Catfish and Ribs at Cracklin' Jacks Cracklin' Jacks Restaurant Cracklin' Jacks Family Style Eating at Cracklin' Jacks

• deecat's Profile Photo

Shane's Rib Shack: Great Pulled Pork B.Q. Sandwiches!

by deecat Updated Feb 10, 2009

Allan and I went to the movie theater frequently, and in the Shopping Mall where the movie theater was located, we saw a BBQ restaurant called Shane's Rib Shack. We needed to eat before seeing the movie, "Doubt", and we did not have much time, so this place was in the perfect location.

As we waited for our meal, I walked around inside and read all the information, which was quite interesting. It told the story of how the restaurant came into being, and it answered the question, "Is There Really a Shane?" [photograph #3] Yes, there is, indeed, a Shane. Shane took his BBQ recipes from his grandfather, who had a huge influence on his life.

Learning about Shane's life made me feel as though I knew him; thus, I was more interested in tasting his product.

Favorite Dish: If you look at [Photograph # 1], you will see what I ordered the first time we were there: a house salad and a pulled pork BBQ sandwich. Allan had the larger Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich and Cole Slaw.

We were very pleased with our choices so much so that we returned one more time to enjoy the BBQ one more time before we left Naples, Florida, at the end of January.

We highly recommend Shane's Rib Shack

Pulled Pork Sandwich and House Salad Shane's Rib Shack Story of Shane of Shane's Rib Shack

• deecat's Profile Photo

Dolly's Produce Patch & Eatery: Homemade Food & Incredible Desserts...

by deecat Updated Feb 9, 2009

One day as we were driving down Bonita Springs Road, we saw a long line outside a small restaurant. We stopped to investigate. Immediately we stepped into the line so that we, too, could enjoy the food at the local's favorite breakfast/lunch place, Dolly's Produce Patch and Eatery

Everything is homemade here; it is most well-known for the desserts.

It is open Monday-Saturday
    a. Breakfast [6:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
    b. Lunch [11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
    Sunday [Breakfast Only: 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.]

Interestingly: THEY DELIVER [FOR LUNCH ONLY]

Favorite Dish: This is a family owned and operated restaurant. It is modest in looks but powerful in taste!

The menu for Lunch includes:

Soup of the Day and Chili.
    Six choices for a Hamburger.
    15 choices for Sandwiches
    5 choices for Salads
    7 choices for "Sides"

There is a huge menu for breakfasts with all kinds of egg, omeletes, Griddle items, specials, and sides. We did not eat breakfast there, but they sounded good.

Because I planned to enjoy the dessert, I had just a Caesar Salad [one of the sides].
    Allan chose a Reuben Sandwich [corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss chees & Thousand Island dressing on Rye Bread].

Then we ate what we came to eat...Dessert. It was no easy feat because they have a separate booklet for the desserts! Of course, they don't have all of these available each day, but you are able to call in and order and take home an entire cake or pie.

I had a Chocolate Pecan piece of pie, and Allan had Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

The choices include 30 different pies, 20 different cakes, 8 different kinds of breads, 9 different muffins, and 13 different kinds of cookies...can you imagine!

Dolly's Produce Patch and Eatery Dolly's Modest Restaurant

• deecat's Profile Photo

Artichoke & Co.: "Fine Food, Vintage Wines, Exquisite Catering"

by deecat Updated Feb 9, 2009

I finally talked Allan into going to the gorgeous The Village on Venetian Bay in Naples. It is an upscale shopping center with lots of restaurants located right on Venetian Bay.
    While perusing this elegant place, I saw a shop called Artichoke & Company. It was crowded inside, and there were people seated outside. At first, I thought that it was just a wine shop; it is a wine shop and so much more.

They serve a daily breakfast with mad-to-order omelets, Breakfast Egg Sandwiches, New Jersey Egg Sandwich [Taylor Ham, Egg, and Cheese Served on a Kaiser Roll], Smoked Salmon, Pastries and Breads, and Bagels.

They also have a Sunday Brunch Buffet for $11.95 from 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.

For lunch they serve sandwiches, homemade soups, Wraps, and Salads.

It also serves as a deli for purchasing to take home.

Finally, they carry an impressive amount of wines, and at times they have wine tasting.

Favorite Dish: I want to share with you some of the unique sandwiches they offer:

Tailgater: oven roasted turkey with Hickory thick cut bacon, tomato, and Baby Swiss on your choice of bread.

Tuscany: Prosciutto Di Parma with Imported Mozzarella, Roasted Red Peppers, Fresh Basil Puree, and Sun Dried Tomato with Balsamic Dressing on a Crusty Italian Bread.

Cordon Blue: Warm Grilled Chicken and Honey Ham with Swiss Cheese and Honey Cup Mustard on a Kaiser Roll.

The Chesapeake Bay: Jumbo Lump Blue Crab Cake with Green Leaf Lettuce, Ripe Tomato, and Roasted Red Pepper Aioli on a Sour Dough Roll.

Allan and I shared a "Tailgater" and a Greek Salad [Mixed Greens, Fresh Beef Steak Tomato, Greek Olives, Cucumber, and Feta Cheese with a DELICIOUS Lemon Vinaigrette.

Inside Artichoke & Company Artichoke & Company
    • Wine Tasting

• deecat's Profile Photo

Royal Scoop: After 5 years, Just Had to Return to...

by deecat Updated Feb 9, 2009

I've dreamed about returned to Bonita Springs so that we could return to The Royal Scoop. When we stayed for a month in Bonita Springs about five years ago, we would go there once a week. From day one of our Naples, Floriday, one-month stay, I started talking about returning to The Royal Scoop. I about drove Allan crazy.

One week before we left Naples, we finally drove to Vanderbilt Beach and then to 8th Street and Vanderbilt Drive to eat lunch and to have their delicious ice cream. We were quite surprised that they had added on to the restaurant with a huge new space, which was needed.

This is the oldest homemade ice cream store in Bonita Springs and the area. It opened its first location in 1979. The present owners purchased it in 1994 and they carried on the tradition of making and serving outstanding homemade ice cream, low fat yogurt, sugar free treats, sorbets, and deli sandwiches. I noticed this time that they now make homemade fudge in many different flavors.

They are open Monday-Saturday [11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Sunday [12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

The Deli portion is open Monday-Saturday [11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.]

Favorite Dish: Allan and I shared a Ham and Cheese Bub Sandwich [Tavern ham piled high with Swiss Cheese, lettuce, Tomato, Spicy Mustard & Mayo

Allan had a THICK Vanilla Malt with a "side car" of Chocolate Nut Ice Cream. Boy, was it thick and creamy and loaded with calories. He just relished it.

I enjoyed a waffle cone with a dip of Maple Walnut and a dip of Chocolate that had three kinds of nuts. As you can see in the 1st photograph, I loved it!

Whenever we return to the area, you can bet that we will return to The Royal Scoop.

Dee with Maple Walnut and Royal Turtle Ice Cream Clever Motto at Royal Scoop Ice Cream Shoppe Pointing in Right Direction: Delicious Ice Cream

"Ten Palms": Gulfstream Race Course's Buffet

by deecat Updated Feb 9, 2009

We drove across the State of Florida to visit friends in Ft. Lauderdale and to go with them to Gulfstream Race Track. While we were there, we sat inside in an area/restaurant called Ten Palms. We had made a reservation via phone and were immediately seated beside the windows overlooking the race track.

One of the reasons we chose this area of the race track was because it had a buffet.

The buffet cost about $28.00 per person. Personally, I do not think that it was worth that.
    One of the items that I had seen as I walked by was a delicious looking chicken breast that one of the chefs was carving. Within the hour, it was gone, and they had no more! What a disappointment.

They offered ham, beef, and pork, vegetables, salads, including fruit salad, breads, and desserts, including an soft ice cream machine where you made your own sundae or ice cream cones.

Favorite Dish: From all the choices, I enjoyed the salad bar [which I went back to a second time], the fresh fruit salad, the breads, and the ice cream. The rest of the desserts were mediocre.

Allan enjoyed the beef, the ham, shrimp, vegetables, and ice cream sundae.

At the table, we had big mix ups about the drinks, and the waitress had to have them redone three times. We did not blame her; it was the bar tender.

We did have fun, but I would not return to that particular spot at the race track.

LaVerne and Tim at Ten Palms Dee and Allan at Ten Palms

Latest: Jul 12, 2014
Lighthouse Inn Motel
Latest: Apr 25, 2014

Instant Answers: Naples

Comments

Naples Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Naples locals.
Map of Naples