Golf in Naples, Naples

Know about this? Rate It!

• 4th Hole of Glen Forest Golf Course from our porch
    4th Hole of Glen Forest Golf Course from...
    Allan golfing at Glen Forest Golf Course
  • Typical scene on Glen Forest Golf Course, Naples
    Typical scene on Glen Forest Golf...
  • deecat's Profile Photo

Glen Forest Golf and Country Club

by deecat Updated Feb 9, 2009

Allan golfing at Glen Forest Golf Course

Check out all the photographs to see the beauty of the course

My husband Allan and I used to live on a golf course for 9 years in Antioch, Illinois, and we really enjoy the sport; thus, when we go away for an extended vacation of the winter, we like to stay on or near a golf course. This year we had the opportunity to stay in a condo on the 4th hole [See photo #4] of the Glen Forest Golf Course in Naples, Florida.

The course had been completely revamped [ten million dollars worth], and reopened in December of 2008. It's a lovely course, but a VERY challenging one. Each of the 18 holes has a pond, and some have even more water. Some of the greens are very undulating and sloped.

It was a fun course except for the type of grass on the fairways...the golf ball did not "sit up" as both Allan and I are used to. Therefore, we found it to be frustrating. We only golfed three times during the month that we were there.

I think once we got used to it, we would have enjoyed it much more.

What we really enjoyed was the fine putting/chipping practice greens and the hitting range. Both were free, and the balls were supplied. A nice feature, indeed.

Equipment: We took our own golf clubs, shoes, golf balls, tees, etc. All of that is needed for the game of golf. Of course, it cost us to take the clubs as the airlines are now charging for checked luggage!

• Golf
    • Spa and Resort

• catalysta's Profile Photo

Golfin' On The Gulf

by catalysta Updated Apr 4, 2011

NPBR Golf Club View from My Room

On the east side of the road from the Naples Beach Hotel is the Golf Club, with its championship par 72 course.
    Inside the clubhouse are Broadwell’s Restaurant & Totch Brown’s Bar. The bar serves a delicious assortment of tapas, with full wine bar and an excellent beer selection as well. (You can tell I’m not a golfer, my tip for the course is about the food & wine!)

• Golf

Instant Answers: Naples

Comments

Other Sports & Outdoors in Naples