New Port Richey Travel Guide

• New Port Richey
    downtown-and main st

New Port Richey Things to Do

• by full8s Written Aug 11, 2007

A great new kayak and canoe rental and sales store (Makai Kayak & Kanoe) has recently opened up at 5323 Main St... right in the heart of Downtown.... not only do they have a great rental fleet, but their prices are very, very affordable...and, believe it or not, your rental fee even includes a bottle of ice water!!!

This is, in my opinion, the absolute best thing to do on a sunny Florida day.... take a nice relaxing trip down the "Cotee River", and help contribute to local business !!!!

you can call to reserve a kayak at this number.... 727-232-1826

Kayak Sling at Makai Kayak
    • Beaches
    • Water Sports
    • Kayaking

• wolfie1060's Profile Photo

by wolfie1060 Written Dec 20, 2006

As of yet I haven't found too many fresh water sites, but if you are into saltwater fishing, or fishing in general, the west coast around Clearwater all up and down has many piers and places to fish. We go fishing quite a bit and we love it. Crabbing is also extremely good just about anywhere you can toss a trap. Sometimes its better than the other type of fishing.
    There are a few state parks that are fairly good for fishing, although we havent checked them out extensively yet. I will update this when we do.

• Fishing

• New Port Richey Hotels

9 Hotels in New Port Richey

New Port Richey Hotels

New Port Richey Restaurants

by Donna_in_India Updated Aug 22, 2010

Olive Garden is another popular chain restaurant (Italian). I've never really enjoyed their food and was actually dismayed when our guest chose OG for our lunch.

This particular restaurant is located in an area where there are alot of retirees (think early bird dining and senior discounts). That and the fact that it was Sunday afternoon meant that it was packed. Fortunately it was a very large restaurant and we only had to wait a few minutes for our table.

We all had the house salad and bread. I had the Venetian Apricot Chicken which, while not gourmet, at least edible.

Service was good. Prices for main course run about $10-12, desserts around $6.

Serving lunch and dinner.

Hours:

11AM-10PM Sun.-Thur.
    11AM-11PM Fri. & Sat.

I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here but for those who do enjoy OG (and there are plenty), the consistency seems to be the key.

by Donna_in_India Updated Aug 22, 2010

Cracker Barrel is a chain restaurant that describes itself as a Country Store and Restaurant. The most enjoyable part of our visit was browsing through some of the unusual (and very overpriced) items in the store.

The menu is a bit of a mix with the focus on homestyle cooking: 'something' and biscuits, corn muffins, stew, turnip greens, etc. Disappointingly, the food was just mediocre. Service was good, prices middle of the road. The decor was fun - old advertising signs, old photos, farm equipment, early kitchen appliances, etc.

If there's a waiting list, make yourself comfortable in one of the many handmade rocking chairs near the entrance.

Open for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner. Sunday through Thursday - 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
    Friday & Saturday - 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

• wolfie1060's Profile Photo

by wolfie1060 Updated Mar 16, 2007

My wife and I decided to try something different and we had both seen this restaurant before in passing and decided to try it. It is called Bavarian Restaurant.
    It is a smallish restaurant that looks like a converted house. The atmosphere is great. When we went, there was only one other customer there. I don't know why. The food was excellent, the service was the best I have seen in a long time and the whole experience was one that convinced us that we will be back.

Favorite Dish: Since this was the first time we had been there, I can only write on what we had. My wife had the Meat Pancakes. I had a bite of it and it was awesome. Im not sure what kind of sauce they used to top it but it was very tasty, very light. I had the Gypsy Steak which is a pork loin steak made very thin and topped with onion and bacon and spices. Very delicious. We both had spetzel, which is a kind of dumpling. Very good, but add salt. It is served with a bit of red cabbage on the side which also helps the flavor when mixed in.
    The music was enjoyable and not overpowering.
    The service we received was second to none. Some of the best we have had. We were checked on frequently but not intrusively. Very friendly waitress. Pricing was very good as well.
    If you want European food, bypass The German Restaurant, and go for this one.

New Port Richey Shopping

by Donna_in_India Written Aug 22, 2010

The Gulf View Square Mall has over 100 stores in several categories including clothing, electronics, jewelry, accessories, health & beauty, etc. The anchor stores are Dillard's, Macy's, Sears, and JC Penney. Check for special sales - we did alot of great shopping at Dillard's.

The mall has a couple of sit down restaurants, a food court, and a Starbucks. They also have special evernts - check the website for info,

REGULAR MALL HOURS
    Mon to Sat: 10:00am - 9:00pm
    Sun: 12:00pm - 5:30pm

Instant Answers: New Port Richey

Comments

New Port Richey Travel Guide
Map of New Port Richey