Orange Park Travel Guide

• Orange Park
    by S.Ottie
  • Orange Park, as seen from southern Jacksonville
    Orange Park, as seen from southern...
    by S.Ottie
    Hooters
    by Basaic

Orange Park Hotels

Orange Park Restaurants

Red Lobster

by Basaic Written Apr 7, 2013

After the debacle at Whitey's Fish Camp, my sister and I went to Red Lobster. Red Lobster has a pretty consistent quality of dishes; but I really think the portions are getting smaller. The service was very good and the food great. Red Lobster also has some of the BEST biscuits anywhere.

Favorite Dish: Anything, especially the biscuits.

Whitey's Fish Camp 2 more images

by Basaic Written Apr 7, 2013

Years ago I came here with a friend on his bass boat. Whitey's was THE place to go for the freshest, best prepared seafood in Clay County. Portions were very good too. It was a smaller family type place with friendly people. However, its fame spread and it is now always packed. Success has caused its downfall. Last time I was here the service was VERY slow. When my brother-in-law pointed out that people at three nearby tables that ordered after us had received their food and we hadn't even gotten appetizers, the waiter was very rude (to the point myself, and my nephew were debating who would throw the little jerk off the dock first). When we got our food it was not that well prepared and the portions were quite small. Sad to see how far the mighty have fallen.

• Beer Tasting

Hooters 4 more images

by Basaic Written Apr 7, 2013

Most people do not go to Hooters for the food, you go for the atmosphere and the girls in orange short shorts and t-shirts. The one in Orange Park advertises "Florida's smallest Hooters". Seemed like an unlikely place to hold a 1st Birthday Party but my great niece had a great time anyway. Our waitress was quite cute. Hours are 11 AM to Midnight Sunday through Thursday and 11 AM to 1 AM Friday and Saturday.

Favorite Dish: I like their chili with cheese and onions; of course it is hard to screw up chili.

• Singles
    • Beer Tasting

Orange Park Favorites

• S.Ottie's Profile Photo
    Orange Park, as seen from southern Jacksonville 4 more images

by S.Ottie Written Apr 6, 2014

Favorite thing: While Orange Park is located inland and away from the ocean beaches, the town is located along a very wide stretch of the St. Johns River. A couple of riverfront buildings and the riverfront shoreline of Orange Park can be seen from across the St. Johns at County Dock, located in the Mandarin neighborhood of Jacksonville. From the Orange Park side of the river, one can see the Buckman Bridge, which carries the Interstate 295 beltway through the southernmost part of Jacksonville. This part of river fronting Orange Park also serves as the home stretch of the annual Mug Race, the longest inland sailboat race in the world. The Mug Race takes place in May, and competitors travel from Palatka northward to the edge of Jacksonville.

Instant Answers: Orange Park

Comments

Orange Park Travel Guide
Map of Orange Park