Know about this? Rate It!
Cupones de Descuento
Favorite thing: Para lograr que el dinero rinda mas, es bueno conseguir cupones de descuento para los diferentes espectaculos y parque de diversión.
Se pueden conseguir, en los hoteles, en revistas, agencias de turismos, etc.
Stock up on drinks and snacks
Favorite thing: Food and drink is generally expensive in the theme parks, so you may like to bring your own to reduce costs.
If you're staying on I-Drive, there's 3 branches of Walgreen's supermarkets where you can purchase food and drinks.
(NB With regard to Kennedy Space Center, they will not allow any outside food to be brought onto the premises, so if you have a car, then store the goods there, otherwise don't bother to bring any food/drinks there)
- Theme Park Trips
- Family Travel
Best Spots to watch
Favorite thing: Here are some of the best spots to watch the parades and fireworks:
Share a Dream Come True Parade-starts in Frontierland and the start is less crowded, you'll finish watching first
SpectroMagic night parade-starts near the entrance, good location for being the first to leave or first to finish watching, less crowded
Wishes Fireworks-if you want to see TinkerBell fly, position yourself near the statue of Walt Disney near Cinderella's Castle (on the side of the castle closest to the entrance)
Best Time to Visit Orlando
Favorite thing: BEST times to visit Orlando with minimal crowds:
* January (exception to New Year's Day) prior to Presidents' week in February
* Week following Labor Day until week prior to Thanksgiving
* Week following Thanksgiving until mid-December
Fondest memory: Huge crowds and waiting in lines during these times:
* Presidents' week in February
* Mid March through late April ("Spring Break")
* Memorial Day weekend
* Mid June through Labor Day
* Thanksgiving Day and week-end
* Christmas week through New Year's Day
Various Orlando Tips
Favorite thing: These are some of the things I have learned with my experiences in Orlando.
(1) The weather is often better in the morning than the afternoon. This holds true especially in the summertime. As the afternoon heat builds up, thunderstorms tend to form up. At theme parks, it could shut down rides as you are waiting in line for them. At the beach, it will obviously make you not want to stay there. Most of the time, the morning is a better time. Save this part of the day for outdoor thrill rides and beaches.
(2) Theme parks are expensive, and I am not just talking about the ticket to get in. You will have to pay for parking if you came in a car. Then, the food prices inside the parks are very high. Often, you have to go quite a ways from a park to find more reasonably priced food. There is nothing stopping you from bringing your own food in. Of course, the tradeoff is that you have to carry all of that stuff.
(3) The busiest times for the theme parks are school holidays such as Christmas/New Years and Spring Break. Of course, the summertime is busy. During busy times, it helps to get to the parks early and go after the big name rides right away while lines are still not so long.
(4) Research the internet extensively for hotel and theme park discounts. There are a vast number of sites that deal with travel to the Orlando area. Some of them are probably just a click away. I will bet that some VT sponsers dealing with the Orlando area make sure to have their links on any Orlando VT page (hint, hint). It is best to compare some sites and shop around. There are a lot of deals out there.
- Theme Park Trips
Theme parks in general
Favorite thing: There is no one single thing that stands out in Orlando.
The whole place is just overflowing with life, and it is you (the people) that give it this life.
It doesnt matter where you go, wherever you look there is always something going on.
Fondest memory: Having been to Orlando a few times now, I must say that the Disney parks are not as popular with us as they were. this may be due in park to the fact that the children are growing up.
Also the other parks are starting to catch up a bit now. I must say that at the moment my favorites are Seaworld (I like animals-big softy) as you can get free beer and Islaands of adventure (the newest part of Universal studios), However EPCOT will always have a special place with me because I enjoy the evening display so much.
- Theme Park Trips
Favorite thing: Orlando has so much to offer and it is very tempting to try and do everything as quickly as you can. Accept that it is unlikely that you are going to do everythin in one trip.
My main tip is for people with younger families. If you can, get a four day hopper or a Universal 7 or 14 day pass. This allows to you to and fro from the parks.
We got there first thing inthe morning, left about 2pm to go back to our villa for a snooze and a cooldawon by the pool. Then we either returned to the same park or a different one for the evening activities. This kept the children, and us, refreshed enough to enjoy all the events and rides
Fondest memory: The sunshine! Living in London, I am envious of the constant sunshine!
Seeing the children's face when they saw the Spectromagic parade for the first time. True awe and wonder!
- Theme Park Trips
I was lucky enough to go to...
Favorite thing: I was lucky enough to go to both Disney and Universal theme parks. As a matter of opinion i prefered Universal. Saying that, both are great. Out of the Disney parks i went to, i prefered MGM Studios and Typhoon lagoon. Out of the Universal parks, i prefered Universal studios, Islands of adventure and Seaworld. Whatever your type of holiday, there's something for everyone.
Fondest memory: It was so clean and tidy. People are very friendly and helpful. Plenty to do. Weather was great.
There are so many things to...
Favorite thing: There are so many things to do!!!!
- Disney World
- Universal Studio's
- Helicopter ride
- Sea World
- Epcot Center
- Arabian Nights (dinner show)
- Bush Gardens (Tampa = a 90 minute drive)
- Daytona Beach (Daytona Beach = a 75 minute drive)
- Kennedy Space Center Titusville = a 75 minute drive)
- St.Augustine (St.Augustine = a two hour drive)
Fondest memory: What I miss the most is the climate, the friendly people and all the new attractions they've build while I am not there.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Orlando Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Pacific Palisades Hotels
- New Smyrna Beach Hotels
- Cordelia Junction Hotels
- Kinaliada Hotels
- Praia da Rocha
- Villaricos Hotels
- Kathmandu Hotels
- Clogherhead Hotels
- Michigan City