Nightclubs and Bars, Orlando

Know about this? Rate It!

• Nightclubs and Bars
    by SanLogan
  • Nightclubs and Bars
    by SanLogan
    wall & orange
    by doug48
  • johnpaz85's Profile Photo

Nightclubs and Bars: All You Can Drink.

by johnpaz85 Written Oct 19, 2005

Tabu Nightclub.

$10 all you can drink Thursdays. Go early and get your swerve on. It gets super packed around midnight. Plays top 40 in hip-hop, some reggaeton, some techno, rarely some old school. Lots of fun and lots of drunk people walking out.

Dress Code: No shorts (sometimes khakis), no hats, no plain t-shirts. If you have money they will let you in with just about anything.

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

Lava Lounge: Chill and catch up!

by Gwynneth Updated Apr 26, 2005

Lava Lounge

Lava is a place with a couple of sections to it... the main bar... the lounge and the beer garden (or verandah as they referred to it). The decor is funky however the red room is my favourite with plush lounges and a cozy atmosphere this was the area we spent most of our time.

Lava really is one of the nicest gay places I visited with my cousins friends - Steve and Andy - who really went the extra mile in showing me around.

Dress Code: Smart casual... fabulous is always best!

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

Pulse: Not for the fainthearted!

by Gwynneth Written Apr 26, 2005

The Jewel Room... Adonis is too hot for photos!

WOW!

Still getting over my night at Pulse!

Where do I start!

They have three sections. The Jewel Box, Ultra Lounge and Adonis... phew... is it hot in here? oops make that FOUR sections... the Adonis VIP lounge... the Men of Adonis are something else!

This club caters for EVERYONE... from every walk of life... from either side of the fence.

Be prepared... to umm... pulse!

Dress Code: Dress fabulous! So many do darling!!

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

Parliament House!!: The nightlife can be a Drag!!

by Gwynneth Updated Apr 12, 2005

Darcel Stevens

I walked into this place with my cousin and his partner and I must admit I was a little hesitant knowing I was most likely going to be in the minority as I am straight and everyone around wouldn't be.

It took me about 2.5 seconds with this thought in mind... after that I didn't consider it again. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. The first bar we went to was a piano bar with everyone singing around the piano just like you would at home. The barman was friendly and oh so keen to over fill the glasses with liquor...

The second section we went to was the showroom. The seats filled very quickly on this Friday night and before long a gorgeous and funny drag Queen appeared called Darcel she asked where we were all from and my cousin called out 'Australia'! Before I knew it I was on stage and hamming it up with her. She wasn't rude but certainly was in control of the night.

After the introduction, the other Queens came out and made fun of a lot of music and had us all screaming for more. Darcel came out and mimmed a song also... because she had made a fuss of me in the intro I went up and tipped her (custom at these events) she recognised me and pulled me up on stage once more and we finished the number together!!! I've never laughed so hard and listening to 'Carwash' will never be the same. I can guarantee that.

Thanx for a great night Darcel, you are indeed the Diva Drag Queen of them all!

xx

Dress Code: Fabulous darling...nothing else.

• Luxury Travel

• shohman's Profile Photo

Wall Street Cantina: Downtown

by shohman Updated Feb 12, 2005

Cantina

on Orange Ave, this is a great after work crowd, and dies down about 8-10 pm, then packs them in again for the rest of the nigh. very open, so you can people watch not only inside but people on the street for a night on the town.

Dress Code: come as you are.

• Marinel's Profile Photo

Nightclubs and Bars: Beware of the hooligans!

by Marinel Written Jan 21, 2005

The work of misbehaving Kids

Down Town is a young city and as a young city is filled with really young people (teens), so finding havoc on the weekends is really easy. well that is until 2:00 am, that is when bars start to do their last call for alcohol and an hour later down town is dead.
    Note: This city has an enormous police force so behaving is a must, they are not lenient!

Dress Code: Anything goes but beware of the hoochie look(hardly any cloth with a twist of ghetto), it is everywhere no matter how cold it gets.

• K-LO222's Profile Photo

antigua: nightlife for clubbers

by K-LO222 Written Feb 4, 2004

antigua is a hot spot for celebritys and locals alike......girls chained to beds, fish tanks on the dance floor, tramolines with hotties in skirts. anything you could ask for. good music, great dancing and lots of hotties.

Dress Code: dress to impress

• shohman's Profile Photo

One Eye'd Jacks: as the night goes on...

by shohman Written Nov 2, 2003

One Eye'd Jacks

connected to the Wall St Cantina and the Loaded Hog, we generaly end up at One Eye'd Jacks after our buzz has become a full fledged drunken binge. (as I get older, this happens less frequently) I don't have many stories to share, but something tells me I must have had alot of fun here.

Dress Code: Come as you are

• realde14's Profile Photo

Saphire: Live bands and great bar to hang out

by realde14 Updated Oct 22, 2003

What I like about Orlando's nightlife are all the affordable bars that have great bands, uncomplicated people with no attitude. Saphire fits this bill to a tee, and is my favorite hang-out place in Orlando. Small cover fee for nights with live bands. Upstairs on the rooftop, you will find Skybar, a more upscale place that tries hard to look Miami with its white curtains and cabanas. Nevertheless, they play some really good chill out music.

Oh, and don't forget, places close up at 2am, so you better get out early!

Dress Code: casual for Saphire, more dressed up for Skybar

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Glaze Under Fire: Paint Ceramics w/ a Drag Queen!

by Hexepatty Updated Sep 22, 2003

Miss Sammy's FEATHERS are blockin My Frickin Tiara

1st and 3rd Mondays of the Month, at Glaze Under Fire (a Premiere Ceramics Painting Place) is Diva Nite. This means Discount Glazing for Ladies and a Drag Queen is present to add a certain "je ne sais pas" -- But it's a HOOT!

Dress Code: Just bring your Tiara... or they will lend you one!!

Casey's on Central: Local Watering Hole

by LealaGirl Updated Jun 7, 2003

Casey's is a small bar where locals like to hang out. They have the best bar staff and best drink prices in town. The place is small and can get kind of crowded but people usually end up standing along the sidewalk outside. One of my favorite pastimes is sitting on the patio with a Tucher watching people walk up and down Central. There is live music most nights.

Dress Code: Anything

• LealaGirl's Profile Photo

Independent Bar / BBQ Bar: Off the beaten path....

by LealaGirl Updated Mar 30, 2003

One of my all time favorite clubs is Independent Bar (formerly known as Barbarella). It is located on Orange Avenue downtown. The music is alternative from the 80's and 90's. The sounds range from Ministry to Depeche Mode. If you like that kind of music or want to discover what it is like in a non-mainstream club - visit here. Next door is a very casual bar called BBQ Bar. I like going there because it is one of the few places downtown that you can go have a beer and actually have a conversation.

Dress Code: Whatever. Mohawks optional.

Sky60: Sky60

by LealaGirl Updated Mar 11, 2003

Rooftop Bar downtown Orlando. It has white decor and Miami Beach style cabanas. Usually soft techno is playing in the background. Drinks are usually pricey but I have found 2 4 1 specials on Saturday nights if you get there early enough. I think there is a $5 cover but they usually don't start charging the cover until after 10 or so.

Dress Code: I don't think there is a dress code but most dress in club apparel.

• the alpha bar: the drum and bass café

by miromi Written Feb 2, 2003

you should catch the Torque drum and bass events here on Mondays. A nice little dancing area and seating outside to people-watch and lots of platform shoes and dyed hair as well as packs of roving ravers.

• Lots of night clubs here too!...

by tbi3040 Written Sep 8, 2002

Lots of night clubs here too! Pleasure Island at Disney is good...also try out the Pointe Orlando clubs on I-Drive (International Drive) as well as City Walk at Universal. Oh, and of course, don't forget downtown Orlando, although most of it seems to be for the college age crowd and thirty-somethings these days. I hope this is helpful.

Dress Code: Please don't wear your shorts, t-shirts & sneakers (and sunburns, ha, ha) to the clubs here, especially the upscale ones, because they might not let you in!

Instant Answers: Orlando