Nightclubs and Bars, Orlando

Know about this? Rate It!

• Nightclubs and Bars
    by SanLogan
  • Nightclubs and Bars
    by SanLogan
    wall & orange
    by doug48
  • Marinel's Profile Photo

Nightclubs and Bars: Beware of the hooligans!

by Marinel Written Jan 21, 2005

Down Town is a young city and as a young city is filled with really young people (teens), so finding havoc on the weekends is really easy. well that is until 2:00 am, that is when bars start to do their last call for alcohol and an hour later down town is dead.
    Note: This city has an enormous police force so behaving is a must, they are not lenient!

Dress Code: Anything goes but beware of the hoochie look(hardly any cloth with a twist of ghetto), it is everywhere no matter how cold it gets.

The work of misbehaving Kids

• shohman's Profile Photo

One Eye'd Jacks: as the night goes on...

by shohman Written Nov 2, 2003

connected to the Wall St Cantina and the Loaded Hog, we generaly end up at One Eye'd Jacks after our buzz has become a full fledged drunken binge. (as I get older, this happens less frequently) I don't have many stories to share, but something tells me I must have had alot of fun here.

Dress Code: Come as you are

One Eye'd Jacks

Wall Street Cantina: Downtown

by shohman Updated Feb 12, 2005

on Orange Ave, this is a great after work crowd, and dies down about 8-10 pm, then packs them in again for the rest of the nigh. very open, so you can people watch not only inside but people on the street for a night on the town.

Dress Code: come as you are.

Cantina

Scruffy Murphy's: Scruffy's

by shohman Updated Sep 10, 2008

Scruffy's is a good Irish pub with live music and a good mixed crowd. No frills, but always enjoyable.
    NOTE: Scruffy's has sadly closed to make room for a new tenant. Rumor has it they will reopen on Pine St shortly. Shohman works on Pine St. Shohman hopes this rumor is true.
    UPDATE Summer, 2008. Scruffy's has reopened in College Park, one of the nicer areas of Orlando. I've heard good reviews from people I trust, but I myself haven't been by...yet.

Dress Code: casual

Scruffy Murphy's

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Glaze Under Fire: Paint Ceramics w/ a Drag Queen!

by Hexepatty Updated Sep 22, 2003

1st and 3rd Mondays of the Month, at Glaze Under Fire (a Premiere Ceramics Painting Place) is Diva Nite. This means Discount Glazing for Ladies and a Drag Queen is present to add a certain "je ne sais pas" -- But it's a HOOT!

Dress Code: Just bring your Tiara... or they will lend you one!!

Miss Sammy's FEATHERS are blockin My Frickin Tiara

Nightclubs and Bars: bosendorfer lounge

by doug48 Updated Nov 29, 2009

the bosendorfer lounge located in the grand bohemian hotel is a very nice piano bar in downtown orlando. it caters to more of an upscale older crowd than most of the bars in the downtown orlando area. a great place to visit for more quiet music and great cocktails.

bosendorfer lounge
    • Business Travel

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

Lava Lounge: Chill and catch up!

by Gwynneth Updated Apr 26, 2005

Lava is a place with a couple of sections to it... the main bar... the lounge and the beer garden (or verandah as they referred to it). The decor is funky however the red room is my favourite with plush lounges and a cozy atmosphere this was the area we spent most of our time.

Lava really is one of the nicest gay places I visited with my cousins friends - Steve and Andy - who really went the extra mile in showing me around.

Dress Code: Smart casual... fabulous is always best!

Lava Lounge
    • Women's Travel

• Marinel's Profile Photo

Elefant and New roman Times at The Social: New Bands at The Social

by Marinel Updated Jan 2, 2006

The Social has been the spot to watch new up and coming bands in all sorts of genre. It is a small venue and it offers a full liquor bar.if you want to hang out with the locals and catch fresh new local and international bands, this is the place to go.

Dress Code: The social has no dress code but you may want to check who is playing the night you may want to visit, so you can fit in and not stick out like a soar thumb!

diego garcia, Elefat's front man

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

Pulse: Not for the fainthearted!

by Gwynneth Written Apr 26, 2005

WOW!

Still getting over my night at Pulse!

Where do I start!

They have three sections. The Jewel Box, Ultra Lounge and Adonis... phew... is it hot in here? oops make that FOUR sections... the Adonis VIP lounge... the Men of Adonis are something else!

This club caters for EVERYONE... from every walk of life... from either side of the fence.

Be prepared... to umm... pulse!

Dress Code: Dress fabulous! So many do darling!!

The Jewel Room... Adonis is too hot for photos!
    • Women's Travel

• Christoban's Profile Photo

Nightclubs and Bars: Downtown Orlando

by Christoban Written May 20, 2007

If your in Orlando and want to party or go out for drinks one of the best places to go is Downtown Orlando. Downtown Orlando is situated around the street Orange Avenue where many bars and clubs are located. Just park your car and most places are all w/n walking distance. There def is somthing for everyone here. In Orlando however clubs stop serving alcohol at 2am and close around 3am.

My friend Jaime at work at Club Element On my way home from Downtown At the Improv Downtown with Ms West
    • Beer Tasting

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

Parliament House!!: The nightlife can be a Drag!!

by Gwynneth Updated Apr 12, 2005

I walked into this place with my cousin and his partner and I must admit I was a little hesitant knowing I was most likely going to be in the minority as I am straight and everyone around wouldn't be.

It took me about 2.5 seconds with this thought in mind... after that I didn't consider it again. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. The first bar we went to was a piano bar with everyone singing around the piano just like you would at home. The barman was friendly and oh so keen to over fill the glasses with liquor...

The second section we went to was the showroom. The seats filled very quickly on this Friday night and before long a gorgeous and funny drag Queen appeared called Darcel she asked where we were all from and my cousin called out 'Australia'! Before I knew it I was on stage and hamming it up with her. She wasn't rude but certainly was in control of the night.

After the introduction, the other Queens came out and made fun of a lot of music and had us all screaming for more. Darcel came out and mimmed a song also... because she had made a fuss of me in the intro I went up and tipped her (custom at these events) she recognised me and pulled me up on stage once more and we finished the number together!!! I've never laughed so hard and listening to 'Carwash' will never be the same. I can guarantee that.

Thanx for a great night Darcel, you are indeed the Diva Drag Queen of them all!

xx

Dress Code: Fabulous darling...nothing else.

Darcel Stevens
    • Luxury Travel

Nightclubs and Bars: church street

by doug48 Updated Nov 28, 2007

pictured is the dragon room on church street. located in the late night entertainment area of downtown orlando church street has several bars and night clubs. the dragon room advertises itself as a "cocktail boutique".

Dress Code: casual

church street

Nightclubs and Bars: orange ave

by doug48 Updated Aug 7, 2007

pictured is the club at firestone. the club at firestone is located in the historic firestone tire store dating back to the 1930's. the firestone was once a gay and lesbian club but now it caters to the 20 something crowd.

firestone building

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The Edge: (CLOSED) Awesome Shows and Parties

by cjg1 Updated Sep 5, 2013

This is where I am to tell you why you would want to go there. Well when I was back to visit in 1996 the city had closed it down. It was a country bar. So if thats your thing go for it. I remember it for the concerts and the shear madness of an all night party.

I was able to see Pearl Jam here April 24, 1992 when face value was just $10 for one of their tickets. We ended up paying $70 for 3 in the parking lot before the show though. One weekend in November 1992 I was able to see Alice in Chains, Gruntruck, Screaming Trees (14th) and the Beastie Boys, Rollins Band and Cyprus Hill (13th) on back to back nights.

• doug48's Profile Photo

Nightclubs and Bars: orange ave.

by doug48 Written Nov 25, 2006

pictured is the corner of wall street and orange ave. this intersection is in the heart of orlando's late night entertainment area. from this location there are serveral blocks lined with bars, nightclubs and restaurants. this area caters to the 20-30 something crowd. a fun place to visit in the orlando area.

wall & orange