British, Orlando

• starship's Profile Photo

The Rose & Crown Pub: Visit Merry Old England in Epcot

by starship Updated Jan 26, 2014

The Rose & Crown Pub at Epcot

Epcot is my favorite Disney park and in particular, I love the "The World Showcase" featuring buildings and restaurants from around the world such as Mexico, China, Norway, Italy, Morocco, England, Canada, Japan, etc. Each "country" has distinctly styled buildings, restaurants, stores, gardens, pools, fountains or whatever.

We chose to have a British lunch in "England" and so did a lot of Britains who were visiting Epcot that day. From the accents you would have thought we really were in England. We were lucky to eat on the garden terrace of the Rose & Crown Pub overlooking the lake in "England" for lunch one sunny afternoon and it was marvelous! The service from our cute Irish server, and the presentation & preparation of food made it a very memorable meal! Because we were on the meal plan, we all ordered appetizers, our choice of entrees, a non-alcoholic beverage and dessert. All gratuities & taxes were included in the meal plan during this visit. Since then, what the meal plan includes has changed significantly.

Favorite Dish: The waiter began service by putting a basket of exquisite rolls on the table with butter. I had shrimp cocktail for an appetizer with a good number of the tasty little delicasies. My entree was simply called "Chicken Pastry"($12.99). I can't tell you how delicious the 2 seashell-shaped chicken in pastry dish was--crispy, thin layers of pastry, thick chunks of chicken, fresh garden peas & carrots and the delicate cream sauce was to die for! For dessert I had the apple crumble with vanilla ice cream ($4.99).

My husband had fish & chips ($15.99) which was a huge portion, and my son had the Guinness Stew ($15.99) topped with mashed potatoes and a crispy, lacey cheese "fan." A side salad was $3.99.

While more expensive than quick service meals, the meal here was similarly priced and maybe less expensive than some of the other sit-down restaurants in the park.

We all truly enjoyed the meal and thank heaven, we did a lot of walking afterwards!! Our server, "PeeWee" was a real delight to speak to & as well as listen to with his cute Irish accent.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Rose & Crown Pub: Grab a Pint

by cjg1 Updated Mar 3, 2009

The Rose & Crown Pub is nestled into the England Pavillion of Epcot's World Showcase. The Pub has a large assortent of lagers, ales and ciders:Bass Ale, Boddingtons English Pub Ale, Harp Lager, Stella Artois, Strongbow Cider, and Guinness Stout. They also have a bunch of English Pub favorite such as fish & Chips, shepard's pie and Bangers & Mash to eat.

You really don't feel like your in Florida when you're in the Pub. You get comfortable have a cider and relax. It makes for a nice break from walking and you get a nice beverage.

Favorite Dish: I had some cider, which was good but pricey at $7.50 a pint. Liz had some club soda with lime and a Sticky Toffee Pudding. She loves sticky toffee pudding and hasn't had it since her London days. The pudding was worth the five bucks just to have her reminisce about being in London.

• balfor's Profile Photo

British: Great Irish Pub!

by balfor Written Aug 14, 2005

Fiddlers Green

The Fiddlers Green is a traditional Irish pub. There are several dart boards, 2 separate bars and lots of seating, both near the stage (where bands play traditional music) and in other alcoves through the bar.

Most of the woodwork is actually original antiques brought over from other bars in Ireland. Many of the fixtures are well over 100 years old. This gives the Fiddlers Green quite an old word and comfortable feel. It really is a neighborhood bar, well off of the places most tourists to Orlando will visit.

Favorite Dish: Shohman had the chicken fingers, Hexepatty had fish and chips and both Katmosphere and myself had the corned beef and cabbage. We all tried the other offerings and everything tasted awesome! Shohman (who led us to this place) said that he's not had a single bad item on the menu. And from what I sampled there, I would have to concur.

Instant Answers: Orlando